• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFs What personality type(s) calm you down the most and why?

Ectuse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
It seems that only INs can understand me, and only thinkers if they have developed intuition.

sade

Calm me down when I'm pissed/annoyed/strong emotional mood or in everyday life?
For the first one: none. For the second calm people. INs perhaps.

Last edited:

Sponge

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
My hubby, who is a INTP, acts very calm and collected in a crisis, so I guess him at least :D

Priori

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I know an ENFJ that can push me to both ends of the spectrum...and in a very short time too.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
INTPs and ISTPs.... due to their ability to analyze situations in a logical unemotional manner, and their ability to think of lots of different options

Hap

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
ENFJ
INs ,they did the work well .

yayaoikusama

entp. smart and logical, but willing to entertain the absurd as long as there is a point. instantly i'm focused. it's like ritalin.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
INTPs, because they put things is perspective. Tell it like it is, they bring out the things that I may be too emotional to think about. Their very Philosophical and deep to me, it helps me form the big picture and find the meaning within.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anyone who accepts me for me- for the my quirks/times of nerdiness. :nerd::)

ISTPs love this nerdiness factor, especially the way it is handled. The voice, the face, the excitement. Especially the giddyness when thinking about something fun that is nerdy. Just be careful I have had a hair cut gone a little bad from this, lol. :D

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
This is frustrating. I know exactly the type of person who calms me down the most. But, I don't know how to describe this person via the MBTI codes. I have met several people like this, and it is wondrous. I wish I would have pursued them more fully...

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
NTs. Possibly SFs. NTs are good at being level-headed and patient when I freak out. I say SF because I think my dad is an ISFJ, but it's possible he could be an INTP. He's very good at getting me to just take a deep breath and putting things in perspective for me without freaking me out more.

NFs can sometimes make me feel a little better because they can empathize with me, but as for really truly, calming me down when I have crossed the freak-out point of no return? Not so much.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP and INTJ I'd say. INFP works beautifully for me because they're just as muddled up as I am, but seem to have a serene approach to being so. A lot of times what freaks me out is my perceived inability to handle something. I'm not organized enough, I'm not disciplined enough, I'm not 'tough' enough, etc. INFP shares a lot of the parts about me I see as weaknesses, but handles them in a quiet and endearing way that makes me feel like I can be all those things without losing my shit.

INTJ is wonderful as well. They can get where I'm coming from with N, and help me analyze my situation, but that calm introverted energy, cool thinking function, and steady judging are like a pole to grab on to when I'm falling all over the place. I sometimes have to draw out the personally reassuring statements though. Sometimes I've been successfully talked down from a freakout, but just need that final 'you're not crazy' statement for closure.

S

Society

that depends... what type was douglas adams?

but since this is a serious question... the type most common within the people who are the best at calming me down...

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interestingly enough, I think any type calms me down if they are non-judgmental and non-controlling of me.

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP and INTJ I'd say. INFP works beautifully for me because they're just as muddled up as I am, but seem to have a serene approach to being so. A lot of times what freaks me out is my perceived inability to handle something. I'm not organized enough, I'm not disciplined enough, I'm not 'tough' enough, etc. INFP shares a lot of the parts about me I see as weaknesses, but handles them in a quiet and endearing way that makes me feel like I can be all those things without losing my shit.

INTJ is wonderful as well. They can get where I'm coming from with N, and help me analyze my situation, but that calm introverted energy, cool thinking function, and steady judging are like a pole to grab on to when I'm falling all over the place. I sometimes have to draw out the personally reassuring statements though. Sometimes I've been successfully talked down from a freakout, but just need that final 'you're not crazy' statement for closure.

I have to agree with INFPs there. I have a couple of INFP friends and they are very calming...

Probably should have clarified though, ISFJs specifically, not all SFs... Some can make me freak out more. Especially SFPs.

INTJs are wonderful, though. Not sure about ENTJs, but they might. I've just never really known any.