• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP-When is it safe for Fi to come out?

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
1)Yes
2) Hes fucking twelve and you should tell those hacks that next time...load of BS to me.

Alot of people in our world now of days, unfortunately psychologists and therapists as well believe that introversion and anti-sociability are "handicaps" or indicated mental retardation. Tell them to shove it up there ass'.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you tell em hexis! :smile:

sculpting

So in terms of MBT - maybe the more Te/Ti/Fe you develop, basically the better support your other functions give you, the more you come out of your excellently camoflouged shell. That and experience exposing yourself, for better or worse.

I don't know. I have a pretty strong Te that I whip out and use to get things done when someone has crossed my internal Fi. I am not sure if I have much Ti or not. However in any case I use the thinking very defensively. Whenever I am on the defensive I almost become INTJlike. I use all the thinking to protect the feelings on the inside.

Also spending ten years with an ISTP teaches you how to hide and protect an Fi. My son has grown up with his ISTP dad, and I have no doubt that influences him as well.

sculpting

"debating with you, is like debating all the random imagination in the world. You'll invent some detail and hang on to it".

Xell, do you have borderline? The black and white transitions remind me of my mom sort of and of my sister-in-law.

I am just starting to learn about personality disorders and how maybe they are extremes of the Jungian types or odd adaptations to the way poeple have learned to use their types.

My heart goes out to you as I know it can be tough stuff at times.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I don't know. I have a pretty strong Te that I whip out and use to get things done when someone has crossed my internal Fi. I am not sure if I have much Ti or not. However in any case I use the thinking very defensively. Whenever I am on the defensive I almost become INTJlike. I use all the thinking to protect the feelings on the inside.

Also spending ten years with an ISTP teaches you how to hide and protect an Fi. My son has grown up with his ISTP dad, and I have no doubt that influences him as well.

Yes, this is what I was referring to. I think I responded to another post of yours that I also can get INTJ-like, very no-nonsense when it comes to confrontation.

I grew up in a strongly introverted and strongly T expressed houshold (INTP, INTP, INTJ, and me) and also in a larger social environment where 'rationality' and 'common sense' were espoused virtues. I also grew up through adolescence and early adulthood feeling under attack from my environment ('cause I was! LOL).

I learned to be clinically explicit and sometimes merciless in expressing and defending my points because that was the only way they would survive and I would survive in that environment. It's like a game whose rules I finally understood.

One "bad" thing left over is that when I'm in that mode, I do not concede a point. Ever. I am still stuck in a 'battle to the death' in the script as I am 'under attack' and must defend at all costs and win.

Some people get into that defense mode physically or through fighting, but I do it through words.

Buuuut - yeah, I feel more comfortable letting Fi out now that I know I can defend it and defend myself. I also feel more comfortable in my skin in general so my boundaries for what is considered 'my inner circle' have shrunk. I let more and more of 'myself' out for the world to see and I'm proud to show it. I have less and less to hide.

PS Are you sure it's Te and not Ti that you're flexing? I thought too that I had a lot of Te since I'm always arguing (LOL) but on the cognitive functions test, turns out it's Ti. I think Te is more for actual planning? Not sure.