• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] how to eliminate boredom in life?

are you often bored with your "so-so" life?

• yes, very much, and I often show it blatantly to others!

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • yes, very much, but I rarely show it to other people

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • sometimes,.but it's getting worse from time to time

• sometimes,.but I'm often just trying to enjoy it!..

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • very rarely, 'cuz I LOVE my current life! (please post ur life-story below)

• very rarely, because either have no time to think, or I'm a very simple person

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • NEVER!! I never got bored with my Life!!

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
have you ever wake up on every Monday, and felt miserable and felt god how you just hate your life, and wish it was ended, or yelling inside "how many more days i have to live like this?.." , or wish Armageddon or BIG things would happen to this otherwise-boring life ?
raise your hands, if you do..
because I often felt like this.
everyday seems like the same, and repeated endlessly in a cycle of utmost boredom.
you wake up, you go to work, eat, sleep, and sooner than you think, time suddenly already passed so fast, like 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, etc ..and you've felt like you've just 'wasted' so much in life, and your life is so goddamn boring & 'useless' ?
and also feeling like "goddamn,.another day looking for $$$ but without any meaningful value..until when I have to live like this??"

this is often even added much worse, when you look at most or many people surrounding you who seemed to be very 'normal' , and they can happily talk about simple little things.
Or when you see how your friends seem to wake up, and go to work just normally (some even excitedly!!),. without any heavy 'battles' in your mind against it, or even to drag you out of the morning-bed, etc..
worse is, when you see your friends who work in corporate-cubicles, can still feel as usual, normally, and seems to be OK with what they're doing, in those cramped-little cubicles! ...and it makes you wonder "how?...how can they all do these boring stuff?"
and with the rise of Internet, and especially Youtube, you kept looking one after another, the ALTERNATIVE lifestyles you could be having, like: just go outside the hectic-crazy city life, just go to a farm, and live simple yet very happily there,
or go travel around the world, although with very simple foods & lodgings, yet get to experience many wonderful, beautiful unexplainable things,
or some 'fun' jobs like being a Surfing coach, or even bartender, who's get to meet different kind of interesting people, etc
instead of just being 'trapped' & 'suffocated' inside this tiny-little cubicle, pressing caculators constantly while swamped by papers with 'cold' datas & facts....
and sometimes when you see fantasy or sci-fi type of movies, eg like the Matrix series, Lord of the Rings, City of Ember, Pan's Labyrinth, or beautiful great video-games or anime like Final fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, etc, you'd even grow hate this world (Reality) with often only money-and-status oriented, and find yourself want to live in those movies, and get more out-of-touch with your Reality?

does any of you here can relate with me?

how to remedy this kind of feelings?
how to eliminate boredom in life?
let's discuss out of boredom-ness.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All the time. This is why I'm nomadic by nature.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
"How to eliminate boredom in life?"

Become something else but an NFP, or move to a more interesting planet.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
put a bounty on ur own head!

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Stumble onto a random plot to destroy the world by a supernatural bad guy and then take all of your ragtag team of friends in an epic battle to find the truth behind these events. You'll learn a lot about yourself in the process and save the world! (But from what?)

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I hadn't thought of that one. It's genius!

That's nt for ya.
:cool:

anyway, keep the basic idea.
Bounce stuffs with ur friends.
When somebody organizes a party, you do the same, he \ she does the same.
then it gets old and u want to get creative, so u do fun stuffs, u take the first train to disneyland, you take the first last minute plane to wherever for 3 days, get drunk and come back!

novelty=awesomness

Stumble onto a random plot to destroy the world by a supernatural bad guy and then take all of your ragtag team of friends in an epic battle to find the truth behind these events. You'll learn a lot about yourself in the process and save the world! (But from what?)
Easy, some wierdo who thinks the way to happiness is to destroy the world and somehow everybody is convinced it MAKES SENSE within his organization.

Then at the end there's this REALLY lame retarded talk and as he dies he realises u were right.

sade

Easy, find an ENTP. :whistling:

I don't usually feel like that because of boredom. If i do.. I arrange something. Go lounging around, harass people (okay.. friends), find entertainment. But when it comes an existential problem.. Oh boy.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Easy, find an ENTP. :whistling:
:wubbie: (totally fake shyness, check out how genuine it looks)
What counts is the quality of the people the entp is with (lies!)

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mighty fine idea. I'll try that some time.
Do I look up random plots, or super natural bad guys in the yellow pages?

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Mighty fine idea. I'll try that some time.
Do I look up random plots, or super natural bad guys in the yellow pages?

Oh my, just as I was looking for an arch nemesis to spice up my quest to take over (and then, of course, anihilate) the world using a-philosophical-justification-that-could-be-discarded-by-a -retarded-squirrel.:coffee: (u can breath now)

sade

:wubbie: (totally fake shyness, check out how genuine it looks)
What counts is the quality of the people the entp is with (lies!)
Ah you need the side kicks! No worries, all the bored people shall join you. :devil:

tell us about ur existencial problems.
We want to help!
You've already heard them.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Ah you need the side kicks! No worries, all the bored people shall join you. :devil:

You've already heard them.

You start seeing life differently once u start considering vanilla ice cream in a park while singing some retarded song is the way to happiness

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh my, just as I was looking for an arch nemesis to spice up my quest to take over (and then, of course, anihilate) the world using a-philosophical-justification-that-could-be-discarded-by-a -retarded-squirrel.:coffee: (u can breath now)
Excellent! Let the games begin. Will a retarded possum do?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Boredom is never much of a problem for me unless we are talking forced boredom (like studying or chores). The rest of the time I'm either having fun or there's a sense of guilt ("you should be doing something to actively pursue this or that") that impedes me from being bored. It's more akin to anger than boredom, really. :p

sade

You start seeing life differently once u start considering vanilla ice cream in a park while singing some retarded song is the way to happiness

I've done that allready. :D

sade

^ I'm not. I just get stupid ideas when bored. Join me on a roof top lunch? If you're quick the guards won't notice. ;)

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
do u call my way to happiness stupid :cry: