• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What do you guys think?: INFP vs. INFJ

G

Glycerine

I saw this in the INFJ forum. It seemed very interesting and accurate to me.
INFJ vs INFP - Infjs Forums

Especially this post by Von Hase:
INFPs focus on values.
INFJs value their focus.

INFPs invoke their feelings.
INFJs feel their invocations.

INFPs use their intuition to validate their feelings.
INFJs use their feelings to validate their intuitions.

INFPs react with strong emotions.
INFJs have strong reactions to emotions.

INFPs know what it could be.
INFJs know what it couldn’t be.

INFPs use emotional currency.
INFJs use their emotions currently.

INFPs don’t know when to quit, and tend to jump out.
INFJs don’t know where to start, and tend to jump in.

INFPs strive to nurture those around them.
INFJs nurture those around them to strive.

INFPs know where it begins.
INFJs know where it ends.

INFPs are highly aware of their feelings.
INFJs feel they are highly aware.

INFPs figure it out by thinking about it too much.
INFJs figure it out by not thinking about it at all.

INFPs have trouble expressing their feelings, but not showing their emotions.
INFJs have trouble showing their emotions, but not expressing their feelings.

INFPs tell about something someone they know did.
INFJs tell someone about something they know they did.

INFPs come to feel your emotions with you.
INFJs feel the emotions coming from you.

INFPs open up to harmony.
INFJs need harmony to open up.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
:)

That about sums me up, I think. That is really quite interesting..

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think it's an appropriate time for the forum to lobby for a formal reinstatement of the jim crow laws.

G

Glycerine

I think it's an appropriate time for the forum to lobby for a formal reinstatement of the jim crow laws.

What the...??? haha. That thread was nice to both parties and it attempts to show the difference between FiNe and NiFe. Neither is better than the other. :D

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks for sharing that post. I consider most of those to be pretty true to my experience.

It suggests that an INFJ is just an INFP turned inside out (or vice versa if you wanna be annoying about it :D).

Very true. In my experience, this leads to a tendency for INFPs to be optimists and INFJs to be pessimists. Your thoughts?

True. INFJs will talk about pretty much anything you ask them, but you gotta get to layer 3 or 4 before you can see them express much.

Nice.

Very true.

:shock:

G

Glycerine

Thanks for sharing that post. I consider most of those to be pretty true to my experience.

It suggests that an INFJ is just an INFP turned inside out (or vice versa if you wanna be annoying about it :D).
:nice:

Very true. In my experience, this leads to a tendency for INFPs to be optimists and INFJs to be pessimists. Your thoughts? haha yeah, I agree with your assessment but the most depressing/pessimestic I've ever met was INFP. It was just because he was stuck in FiSi loop and only used Ne to serve them. Overall though, INFPs are the true optimists.
QUOTE]

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Despite the predisposed short comings of being an INFP male, I'm thankful for not being an INFJ male - I think they experience life with a little more difficulty than an INFP male. They're probably the most worst off regarding NF males with INFPs in a close second.

G

Glycerine

Despite the predisposed short comings of being an INFP male, I'm thankful for not being an INFJ male - I think they experience life with a little more difficulty than an INFP male. They're probably the most worst off regarding NF males with INFPs in a close second.

hmm... interesting. Could you please explain?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think the INFP fits me a whole lot more than the INFJ does- and great thread, this is very accurate!

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
hmm... interesting. Could you please explain?

Albeit both the INFP and INFJ have their convictions or rather values, they exhibit them differently. If INFP is to a preacher, then INFJ is to a mystic.

I think INFPs can allow others to perceive them as flexible. INFPs may exhibit their feelings with volatile outbursts although INFJs seem to exhibit their feelings with immutable zeal. I guess the basis of my argument lies on the subjective differences I've noticed between INFJs and INFPs both in life and online regarding values. Although a major core value may come under fire, I still utilize the situation as an opportunity to further evaluate what I've thought of the said thing and what new thoughts come of it. Granted, my body language may not display that (but rather the contrary), but I really do value criticism. I guess in essence, I see an INFP's value system as an immaterial blueprint wheras I see an INFJ's value system as a solid, completed structure.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw this in the INFJ forum. It seemed very interesting and accurate to me.
INFJ vs INFP - Infjs Forums

Especially this post by Von Hase:
INFPs focus on values.
INFJs value their focus.

INFPs invoke their feelings.
INFJs feel their invocations.

INFPs use their intuition to validate their feelings.

INFJs use their feelings to validate their intuitions.

INFPs react with strong emotions.

INFJs have strong reactions to emotions.

INFPs use emotional currency.
INFJs use their emotions currently.

INFPs don’t know when to quit, and tend to jump out.
INFJs don’t know where to start, and tend to jump in.

INFPs strive to nurture those around them.
INFJs nurture those around them to strive.

INFPs know where it begins.
INFJs know where it ends.

INFPs are highly aware of their feelings.
INFJs feel they are highly aware.

INFPs figure it out by thinking about it too much.

INFJs figure it out by not thinking about it at all.

INFPs tell about something someone they know did.
INFJs tell someone about something they know they did.

The line bolded and green is particulary true for me. Everything else bolded rings true.

G

Glycerine

Albeit both the INFP and INFJ have their convictions or rather values, they exhibit them differently. If INFP is to a preacher, then INFJ is to a mystic.

I think INFPs can allow others to perceive them as flexible. INFPs may exhibit their feelings with volatile outbursts although INFJs seem to exhibit their feelings with immutable zeal. I guess the basis of my argument lies on the subjective differences I've noticed between INFJs and INFPs both in life and online regarding values. Although a major core value may come under fire, I still utilize the situation as an opportunity to further evaluate what I've thought of the said thing and what new thoughts come of it. Granted, my body language may not display that (but rather the contrary), but I really do value criticism. I guess in essence, I see an INFP's value system as an immaterial blueprint wheras I see an INFJ's value system as a solid, completed structure.

...until the closest values get violated, then the roles tend to reverse, IME. ;)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with your assessment but the most depressing/pessimestic I've ever met was INFP. It was just because he was stuck in FiSi loop and only used Ne to serve them. Overall though, INFPs are the true optimists.
QUOTE][/B]

Whoa... formatting.

Oh, make no mistake... us INFPs are very prone to depression. I still find many of us have an ability to remain delusionally optimistic for a sunnier tomorrow, though.

INFJs have a harder time being happy, as they are more prone to zero in on the one bad thing that is keeping everything from being 100% harmonious.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
...until the closest values get violated, then the roles tend to reverse, IME. ;)

I think it depends on the maturity of the recipient but otherwise, yes, I agree with you.

G

Glycerine

Whoa... formatting.

Oh, make no mistake... us INFPs are very prone to depression. I still find many of us have an ability to remain delusionally optimistic for a sunnier tomorrow, though.

INFJs have a harder time being happy, as they are more prone to zero in on the one bad thing that is keeping everything from being 100% harmonious.

That's so true...damn perfectionism, haha.

MrRandom

MBTI Type
INFJ
What a fascinating list. I identified with it completely.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with the OP. Good post.

Very true. In my experience, this leads to a tendency for INFPs to be optimists and INFJs to be pessimists. Your thoughts?

I agree. But I'm still an idealist. Just a pessimistic idealist.

sade

That was a very, very good list.
I find the INFJ points to be true in my case.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with the OP. Good post.

I agree. But I'm still an idealist. Just a pessimistic idealist.

It's a fascinating and often times frustrating combination.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes it is. I'm also a pessimistic idealist.