• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] I wanna be a TTTTT

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
What I hear you're really asking is the following: "How do I detach from my emotions during discussions or decision-making?"

Why should you want to do so? A regular meditation practice helps you find a good balance between the two, and will keep your mind clearer and on point.

Sinister Scribe

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
I've known more Fs who can think rationally and critically and make decisions that way than Ts who become emotionally receptive with ease, so it's definitely do-able.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Detach -- try not to take things personally. Remember that people are too self-concerned to actually to care about you. See the world as a system.

When arguing a topic, do not think of "me vs them". It is not about winning or losing, but understanding the topic. If you realize you are "losing", concede defeat and acknowledge that the other person is right, and NEVER resort to emotional tactics.

Take a basic critical thinking course. These steps helped me: identify main conclusion, secondary conclusion, flaws of an argument, strengths of arguments, further points that to support or contradict the argument ..

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Introspect, reflect, research and read, spend time analyzing your observations and experiences.

Pursue and embrace mentally challenging thoughts/theories/people/ideas.

I follow my heart, but I steer with my head, if that makes sense. And I do so by listening to my intuitions and gut feelings while spending the necessary time to analyze and filter what is and what is not, and what matters most to me.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I wanted to be a T, too! But then I realised that I love my F and that I have tertiary Te anyway! All I need to do is make my Te stronger and I can be a thinking ENFP!

sculpting

1) picture an object in your mind. (or a maybe tie a string on your finger-kinesthetic works better for me-or a ring maybe) practice calmly observing the object, and pay attention to what you "feel". as emotions pop up put them in a little box off to the side.

Practice doing this for a few minutes a day a couple of times a day. Then later when you in an emotionally heated state, touch the ring and try and recover that lost state of calmness.

2) when the reactions of others are really bothering you, or they are upset, pretend you are covered in a translucent raincoat from head to toe. let thier problems roll off the outside

3) when yo fill pulled emotionally in manner directions and very overwhelmed, find a quiet place. close your eyes. imagine that all of the mess in strings attached to your body all pulling in different directions. One by one identify the "Fi/discomfort" associated with that sring. What is the feeling, what is cuasing it. can you do anything to fix it logically? No? cut the string then. Onto the next string.

4) another trick, especially during a discussion when you need to be more logical is to fall back into Te mode. To do this I actually have to crinkle my brow a little and let my eyes defocs just a bit, to let thinking kick in. I also do this in enviornments I am uncomfortable in.

starrynights

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I can relate to u wanting to develop your T. Most of ENFPs want to be all rounded as a person.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
If you really wanted to be a T, then you would actually be one. Deep down you don't.