• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] What do you think of INFPs?

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Hold back a lot of themselves.
Extremely kind.
I have a hard time with Fi.
Emotional.
Can have a hard time with stress management as they tend to have very high standards for themselves.
Self-sacrificing.
Very affectionate, caring.
Ethical and principled.
Complex.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can have a hard time with stress management as they tend to have very high standards for themselves.
This is very, very true of me. I like the things that I do to be perfect. It's quite unrelenting, that desire. Why? it's a mixture of things, though mostly for me, it's a deep fear of the consequences if anything is less than perfect.
It's also why I procrastinate, or really don't show my writing and paintings to any one.

Lightyear

INFPs are really cool people, peaceful, easy to get along with, deep and caring.

But for a relationship they are too similar to me, also I often feel with INFPs that I have to kick them a bit in the butt (the J coming through!) in order to get things done, something that I wouldn't like in a partner.

But in general INFPs are great and almost always soulmates for me.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I consider my INFP friends to be two of my best. Once you're on the "inside" of their small circle of friends, I find them staggeringly easy to get along with, caring, willing to listen to your problems and actually offer good advice. Good people.

They can be a little stubborn, though. But, then again, so can I.

G

garbage

They're a great balance to my assertive and direct nature. They keep me grounded, and I keep them attuned to the outside world. They're very accepting of others. They're great!

wolfy

awsm
They're understanding of others positions. Bring up the deeper underlying issues in problems. Great to have around.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I have been called "unapproachable" more than once in my life. I'm still puzzled by that one.

Thanks, all, for the very nice things to read tonight. Makes my day!

jellyfish

MBTI Type
INTP
I like them. Nice people, easy to get along with, very compromising.
They seem clingy to me sometimes.
I feel like they take things too personally, sometimes.
Very accepting, spontaneous people.
They can appear ditzy.
This is all based my experiences, by the way...

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
INFPs ..

-- Get a high over knowing people intimately, yet they withhold from letting people know them completely.

-- Their social cause is EVERYTHING to them. They get really passionate talking about it.

-- Feel slightly at odds with the world; a bit insecure about whether people like them or not.

-- Gentle, retreating.

-- Easily offended with things that clash with their values.

-- Idealise themselves as most caring (just like INTPs tend to idealize that they are the smartest).

-- Loves to take pity on people, so they will feel protective and "loving' over them, thus boosting their own ego.

-- Intelligent

-- Articulate. Extremely good at explaining the nuance of things.

-- Values logic only if it meshes with their ideals. Ideals come first, logic is secondary.

-- Ignores/denies what you say if it strongly clashes with their ideals and only pay attention (and even validate) what meshes with their ideals.

-- Must feel that they are involved in a social group aimed at a greater cause in order to feel alive.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
-- Idealise themselves as most caring (just like INTPs tend to idealize that they are the smartest).

-- Loves to take pity on people, so they will feel protective and "loving' over them, thus boosting their own ego.

Not this one, I don't think INFP's are the most caring type since they have introverted feeling which is more about how they feel than how others feel.

I only care on the inside, therefore I am not the most caring.

Nor do I think we take pity on people to have some kind of ego boost, we just feel pity for people, or at least I do and it's not so that I can feel good about who I am, because I have pitied people before and that pity has disgusted me and made me even more unhappy with myself for doing so.

Agreed with everything else, just not these two.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Get a high over knowing people intimately, yet they withhold from letting people know them completely.

If we care enough about someone we will let them get to know us completely. If you were on the receiving end of this it's understandable why you think we totally hold back. :D

Their social cause is EVERYTHING to them. They get really passionate talking about it.

Not sure what you mean here.

Feel slightly at odds with the world; a bit insecure about whether people like them or not.

Yes, all true.

Gentle, retreating.

Yep.

Easily offended with things that clash with their values.

You can train yourself to take some abuse, but not very much. In that window of opportunity where you aren't offended you oftentimes have to just go away... Very quickly. I do this when I see people drinking, doing drugs etc. I also do this when I see slutty people. You are basically correct here.

Idealise themselves as most caring (just like INTPs tend to idealize that they are the smartest).

The capacity for caring has to do with the person, not the type.

Loves to take pity on people, so they will feel protective and "loving' over them, thus boosting their own ego.

It hardly works. Most people don't appreciate being pitied, and even if I do pity them then I don't show it. It's not really an ego boost.

Intelligent

:D Why thank you kind sir.

Articulate. Extremely good at explaining the nuance of things.

Once again correct. :yes:

Values logic only if it meshes with their ideals. Ideals come first, logic is secondary.

Not necessarily. The voice of what we want to do is a lot louder than the voice of logic, but oftentimes it's best to follow the voice of logic. If you can get away with it then we usually follow what we want to do, but keywords are IF YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH IT.

Ignores/denies what you say if it strongly clashes with their ideals and only pay attention (and even validate) what meshes with their ideals.

Nope. I'll argue for something, and say why I think it isn't right. I won't downright ignore someone, what would the point of that be?

Must feel that they are involved in a social group aimed at a greater cause in order to feel alive.

This sounds very stereotypical, I highly doubt it's true. I've never been in a group aimed toward a higher cause. The most I've ever felt alive was at summer camp when I was a teen, I felt like an individual, I had some freedoms, I was in the outdoors with friends.

Most of these points come from stereotypes, where did you get all of these anyways? If someone just followed what they themselves valued in life then they would lead an unsuccessful, difficult and confusing life.

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
My mom and sister are INFPs. My dad and I are ENTJs. I like you guys a lot.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I'll comment on Groove's saying that we love to take pity on people to satisfy our egos. I think for a while I thought that I got my worth from whatever I could do to help people.

But time has a way of helping us to realize that our self-worth has to come from within. And then we reach a place where we are able to help because it simply feels good to us.

I've never gotten much satisfaction from trying to make someone feel less than I. Mostly that's their own reaction and not an attempt on my part. You really can't make someone feel inferior without their permission.

Edit; That last sentence is courtesy of Eleanor Roosevelt.

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1

I am definitely protective of those within my inner circle, I am quiet and nice most of the time, but the moment one of mine are attacked, I am liable to bite the prepetrator's head off.

Although I don't think it boosts my ego o_O

calaereth

I don't think I've met other INFPs but in my opinion and being one myself, they are easily stereotyped.

I love INFPs!
I feel like people doesn't understand how strong they really are. They can easily love and they think with their heart. Emotions are a hassle sometimes but to the INFP, it's their way of making decisions and using it to better help society and humanity. Very empathetic.

Also they're really accepting of people. Whatever person you are, they will understand you and maybe even appreciate your existence (unless you're evil xD).

I think fellow INFPs would do better by improving their communication skills and voicing their honest opinions cause I think they can be really harsh if they weren't sugar coating things all the time or always tending to other people's needs (but I guess that's what we do best).

INFPs, keep being you and don't ever let the world get you down ^^

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think INFPs can be very kind, creative and intelligent souls who are incorrectly stereotyped as being cry babies who are incapable of dealing with the world. INFPs can be surprisingly combative and aggressive contrary to stereotypes.

I think they're just like anyone else, but with the "INFP" label. Every INFP is different, so naturally there will be some I get along with and some I don't because everyone is an individual with their own personality traits, interests, hobbies, etc.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
This is one of the questions that I wonder about constantly. (Do other INFPs also think about this often?)

Perhaps it's because I spend so much time trying to figure others out and feel I cannot do it for myself.

I'm not quite sure, but please, any insight/perspective/opinion would be great. What do you like and what don't you like about us? What's the good and the bad? :blush:
My sister is an INFPs. She's really fantastic.
Sometimes I wish I could be more like her.
She has a lot of great qualities.
Because of her, I think INFPs are great.