• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] What do you think of INFPs?

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
This is one of the questions that I wonder about constantly. (Do other INFPs also think about this often?)

Perhaps it's because I spend so much time trying to figure others out and feel I cannot do it for myself.

I'm not quite sure, but please, any insight/perspective/opinion would be great. What do you like and what don't you like about us? What's the good and the bad? :blush:

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Well, I like the fact that I enjoy learning about people and understanding them. It's one of the most fun things to do. I admit I do it for selfish reasons though. Understanding others allows me to understand myself a little better. I'm starting to realize now how much more fufilling life is when you have good relationships with other people.

So I'd say that's a plus for us, right?

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I have liked almost every INFP I've gotten the chance to talk to.

Its hard to approach them sometimes. I think its much easier one on one but yeah...

The things I -don't- like about INFPs are:

- Too easy to overlook.
- Seem a little indifferent to your existance if they don't know you well.
- Never seem terribly approachable unless you catch them at just the right time.
- Too hard on themselves.
- Don't assert themselves often enough.

Otherwise I really like INFPs. They almost always have a unique way of looking at things and are surprisingly silly. I really enjoy talking to them. I wish you would make yourselves stick out more in a crowd!

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I know that I can spend so much time analyzing actions and emotions around me that energy that might be used for expression of my own is sapped. Some people have told me (implied, mostly) that I am cold and unfeeling.

We can be a law unto ourselves if we lead ourselves to believe that there is a perfect distillation of emotion that has to be expressed by others for their feelings to be valid.

Others of my type? I've met genuinely compassionate INFPs and I've met those that are really rude and self-centered. There are too many factors for me at this point to make any new/meaningful statement about the +/-'s for our type.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We're the awesomest awesome that was ever awesome! (Oh no! Maybe I'm ENFP, LOL)

Seriously though folks, of all the other INFP's I've ever met, IRL and online, the first thing I notice when talking (or reading), is how thoughtful they are. And how beautifully strung together their words are, like a gorgeous string of pearls, and how slowly they speak (unless excited).
INFP's have goregous eyes too, like you can see the very depths of their souls, and they can see into yours.They also seem like they contain the wisdom of the ages, so they are old souls too. INFP eyes are unmistakable,(excepting myself, my eyes scare the hell out of me.)
The INFP's are also the very epitome of reasonable (again, excepting myself), but they are just the ones I met. I never had a problem with them, but I know others who have. Let's just say when we dig our feet in, all hell breaks loose, but I'm not sure if that's just because it's so unexpected.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I think of INFPs as wonderful, kind hearted Mother Teresa types however I don't tend to get along with them very well. They seem too controlling for me and they seem like hound dogs on a scent trail, once they get their mind set in one direction they're tough to get to see any other option, choice, solution and so on. They also seem all too willing to not work out a problem in an effort to just avoid it and sweep it under the rug.

So in short, I think they're great objectively but very tough for me to get along with due to the type of person I am.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Let's just say when we dig our feet in, all hell breaks loose, but I'm not sure if that's just because it's so unexpected.

hehe, INFP-ENFP arguments can be funny though. They seem to burn out really quick sometimes. It's like, "I get it." "Oh, so do I." Were we arguing? Nah, I don't think so, just seemed like it.

I think INFPs can be a bit like Silent Bob too. When they speak that occasional line of wisdom they speak it well. I have learnt many wise things from them.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I'm curious about the controlling thing as well. I agree with everything else TusconENTP said.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
is it just me or through few personal encounters its pretty hard to become friends with INFP? usually i don't have the patience to wait long to become friends with somebody, thus leading to not being friends at all in the end.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
idk what i think about INFPs, I would have to meet every single one to answer that question. butttttt from the ones i have met... they are some of the coolest people to hang around with and are some of the few people that i can have deep convos with. of course i only know one lol.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
^
lol ya, i mean they are nice people i love infps. It may be due to the fact that all infps i met so far are like extreme introverts or something.

and I always thought intps were introvert of introverts. rather i find it lot easier to bring them out.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Loving and devoted partners.

They have an ear for beautiful music.

Some are unselfish for selfish reasons. (Some are selfish for unselfish reasons.)

Stubborn creatures of habit; truly idiosyncratic.

Quietly and thoroughly rebellious.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
is it just me or through few personal encounters its pretty hard to become friends with INFP? usually i don't have the patience to wait long to become friends with somebody, thus leading to not being friends at all in the end.

Yes. I think it can definitely be hard to get to know an INFP. I did have one just up and decide they liked me and wanted to hang around with me. But that's a unique experience for me with INFP.

I like their depth, I find we can argue a lot about our idealist views on stuff. "I understand what you mean but you don't understand what I mean" "No, it's the other way around" back and forth :p

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
^
does that mean INFP dislikes coming bit strong at first?

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
dislike people who try to become friends with them, by you know not the conservative way, but skipping all the "wait time period."

the ESFP way shall i phrase it?

Immaculate Cloud

MBTI Type
INFJ
INFPs rock.

One of the most satisfying friendships in my life is with an INFP. Even the younger INFP's are very interesting people...

I find those I have met to be very musical, artistic, cultured, well-read, talented in addition to being loyal friends and very loving. But yea, they lack the gumption to actually show their talents off to a wider audience than their immediate friends and family.

As a result I think that these two at least are often dismissed as just 'ordinary people' when in fact it is not so.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yes in my experience it takes a while to get to know an INFP. They don't just put themselves out there.

I must admit I think ENFP is the same way... to get to know well at least.

MBTI Type
INxJ
You're hard to get to know. More than INTJs, that's certainly indicative of difficulty level.