• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] So is there an INFP DoorSlam?

FaithBW

MBTI Type
INFP
I've been door slammed by two people and sorta door slammed by others during my first couple of years of college. This, in turn, has made me more careful about who I let in the door in the first place. I have door slammed a couple of guys who I thought were toxic, useless, etc. Now, I am very guarded in general. I just don't let most people in anymore, which I know is not good. However, recovering from the pain of people rejecting me is worse.

Afkan

Is there? Discuss. :D

I have doorslammed after a lot of pain and trying to keep up boundaries with some people who just refused to listen to what I was trying to say.

One told me "I do what I want, when I want, that's just who I am. Why can't you just accept this about me?"

But most of the time, people like this pretend to not understand it becomes too draining to maintain the contact and I'll go.

So yeah, I've doorslammed.

INFPs I know have a doorslam, but its much more temporary and not so tightly closed as the INFJ flavor of doorslam. A person can make it temporary by neglecting the INFP.

A

A window to the soul

FAIL

INFPs I know have a doorslam, but its much more temporary and not so tightly closed as the INFJ flavor of doorslam. A person can make it temporary by neglecting the INFP.

Where'd ya get that silly idea from? :huh: If you neglect the INFP, the INFP is going to realize you weren't the awesome person they thought you were. The longer the neglect carries on, the INFP is going quietly forget about you. When you return, you might be surprised to find the INFP's charming personality has quickly attracted someone else who doesn't play games with their deep well of caring and they're no longer interested in you. :yes:

I speak from experience.