• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Are ENFPs a logical type poll

Are you a logical/rational NF?

• INFJ: I suck at logic and problem solving

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that's interesting amargith. i wondered if you had a stronger f than me...mine is about 60/40...makes sense, right?

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Have no clue...I know I'm not awesome at it, but the last test I took showed that I have zero Te, though I am to some extent, very able to solve logical problems (as long as it's not math) and don't consider myself stupid. However, when pressured for time, or by someone else, I'm unable to be logical. I need time to think and there just cannot be anyone breathing down my neck. For instance, I can perfectly fine solve a logical exam (with the pressure that comes with it), but the moment there's a clear and detrimental deadline, or worse, someone is waiting for me and they're getting frustrated and annoyed at me, I shut down.

Stress must cause you to suppress your tertiary function. In extroverted P types, the auxiliary function is the decision making function. When panicked you likely rely on your Fi to see you through it.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
that's interesting amargith. i wondered if you had a stronger f than me...mine is about 60/40...makes sense, right?

I'm about 85 percent F, so... :D

Stress must cause you to suppress your tertiary function. In extroverted P types, the auxiliary function is the decision making function. When panicked you likely rely on your Fi to see you through it.

Yeah, well the thing is that all the organisation in my head just goes out the window as I start seeing too many options and am too distracted by the timepressure or person vibing his aggrevation so loudly at me, that I'm unable to organize them. So then I, like you said, concentrate on my gut feeling and go with that, aka Fi. If I try to use Te anyways, I am guaranteed to make the wrong decision. With Fi, I at least have a chance to solve it, though my bluntness will be even more visible than usual in this case, causing sometimes social embarassment.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I guess if most ENFPs are awesome at logic then INTPs are just NFs with shitty social skills. But then, most of the ENFPs in here probably already figured that out..being so awesome at logic and everything.

I was thinking the same/similar thing while I was going through the thread and poll. I can except that some ENFP are really good at this but the poll simply doesn't look realistic.

Can it be that the Fi is responsible for this?

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Maybe this board is home to many an ENFP with powerful Te?

NTs are good at solving problems with their particular way of thinking.

If NFs apply their own completely different way of thinking to the same set of problems, just because they approach it differently doesn't mean they will get it wrong.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Maybe this board is home to many an ENFP with powerful Te?

NTs are good at solving problems with their particular way of thinking.

If NFs apply their own completely different way of thinking to the same set of problems, just because they approach it differently doesn't mean they will get it wrong.

I was thinking about this but somehow it is still asymetrical. Plus ENFPs who say that they are not that good did not vote. What could lead in direction that the poll is not 100% correct.

The problem is that being good at logic is actually something very subjective.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Remember, ENFPs are driven by an Fi compass --> that seems completely 'irrational' and 'illogical' to people who do not have that person's particular Fi reader and thesaurus. :)

As far as 'classic logic' - it's been mentioned elsewhere but ENFPs are well represented in the ranks of 'the gifted'. I know when I take puzzle challenges and play 'logic games' and such I do pretty well. As well or better than my INTP brother who, while damned annoying, is 'intelligent' in the textbook sense. There are lots of kind of 'logic' of course and many kinds of intelligences.

Being good at 'logic' is subjective for now.

I am a great debater though in the general and competitive sense. In classic parliamentary style debate, you have to be able to follow other people's threads of thought, rebut, keep track, etc. Actually, the reason I'm a great debater is because I refuse to concede my point if I truly feel I am correct. LOL.

Also, just because I know the popularly ceded 'logical next step' doesn't mean I want to take it. I know the way I live my life probably doesn't seem 'logical' to some people and that's fine. Life is not lived by logic, it's lived by whatever you want it to be.

So I think I'm good at 'logic' but I don't really adhere to it unless I *feel* like it. ;)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...i didn't vote because i didn't like the choices i don't think you have to consider yourself highly logical to be a good problem solver...you can solve problems using intuition and perceptiveness pretty well i think....for me...it comes from a personal perspective though usually not a logical one....because of being an extraverted np i guess.??

but i don't know enough about type theory to even explain it in those terms...i just know where my strengths and weaknesses lie, you know?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I was thinking about this but somehow it is still asymetrical. Plus ENFPs who say that they are not that good did not vote. What could lead in direction that the poll is not 100% correct.

The problem is that being good at logic is actually something very subjective.

Highly.

Also, some people confuse T with coherence and see F as whim-based. Moral coherence is paramount, to me at least.

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
When I get A's philosophy.
But get C's in statistics.

They both use logic.

One matters to me, the other doesn't. It's almost a matter of mood. One is a fun idea-puzzle, the other anal retentive and unrewarding. "Oooooh, you got the right number after all that tedium... HOW FASCINATING!"

MBTI Type
ENTP
The only benefit you see from yourself is being a logical ENFP?

I just want to know if there is anything that ENFPs aren't great at. Silly question, I know. I am but an INTP.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just want to know if there is anything that ENFPs aren't great at. Silly question, I know. I am but an INTP.

Passive aggressiveness. We suck at it compared to the almighty INTP :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you guys have to get where someone would take issue with a type claiming they can do everything you can do and equally as well. it's insulting and not accurate.

we approach things differently and i'm not saying one is better but i do think one is more logical.

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

Excessive optimism tends to lead to delusions of all kinds.

Like.... oh, I don't know...

....Being awesome at logic?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Excessive optimism tends to lead to delusions of all kinds.

Like.... oh, I don't know...

....Being awesome at logic?

that's funny and most likely true.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't think logic can ever be awe-inspiring. At most, someone might get a backhanded compliment, like being clean. "well at least his house doesn't smell like garbage, and he doesn't make my brain hurt when he speaks."