• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Are ENFPs a logical type poll

Are you a logical/rational NF?

• INFJ: I suck at logic and problem solving

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ya then let me add this: a T parent with an F parent to balance it out. i could see how too much T would be disheartening for an ENFP.

my mom is an INFJ so naturally i dont mind the extreme logic that emanates from my dad

Had one, the other parent was ISFJ :)

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
well state, that is what i was originally trying to say

Here to help :)

Had one, the other parent was ISFJ :)

JEBUS CHRYSANTHEMUM - We are all the same person!
My ma is also ISFJ, whilst my Dad an INTJ.

(I find I have exactly the opposite problems with them - he can be too caught up in the 'logical way' and come across as cold - dolling out praise very rarely and not acknowledging others opinions once his mind is set. She can 'over-parent' to the point of smothering, has a hard time not taking things to heart and being rational - and can borderline naivety in her willingness to believe other people)

But I love them both, really.

- Back to the topic at hand.

sculpting

the problem with the question is this, if an ENFP grows up in a household that is a logical household (a parent that is a T, for me, my dad is an INTJ) then they tend to handle logic quite well, they might not use it in decision making as much as they do feeling but if you throw them a logic question then they might actually do quite well in solving it. on the other hand, if they grow up in a not quite logical household, mostly surrounded with Fs, then logic may not come quite as easily. this same idea can be applied to thinkers in terms of handling emotion. and also with S/N in terms of handling N/S (though not as much).

I am going to disgree with you on this one. I actually find I take the oppostie stance. My family is full of SPs and an NFP.

If you asked they would say I am cold and rational, and think I am always right about everything. I have to turn off emotion around them as they are so overwhelming. I have to be the logical, restrained one.

When around pure thinkers I am much more a feeler.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here to help :)

JEBUS CHRYSANTHEMUM - We are all the same person!
My ma is also ISFJ, whilst my Dad an INTJ.

(I find I have exactly the opposite problems with them - he can be too caught up in the 'logical way' and come across as cold - dolling out praise very rarely and not acknowledging others opinions once his mind is set. She can 'over-parent' to the point of smothering, has a hard time not taking things to heart and being rational - and can borderline naivety in her willingness to believe other people)

But I love them both, really.

- Back to the topic at hand.

My father is an ENTP, I think :) But yeah, I recognize what you are saying, very much so.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I have found many of you to be very intelligent. You can apply logic and problem solving when you choose, but it doesn't appear to be a default method.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i agree...it's more of a learned skill i think for most of us.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I am going to disgree with you on this one. I actually find I take the oppostie stance. My family is full of SPs and an NFP.

If you asked they would say I am cold and rational, and think I am always right about everything. I have to turn off emotion around them as they are so overwhelming. I have to be the logical, restrained one.

lol... i think you missed my point, im not talking about how you behave but how you think, if you grow up in a household where one of your parents is a thinker, for me it was an INTJ, then that application of logic to everyday situations naturally rubs off on you. or at least it does that to some people. this wasn't true for me until i turned 19 so a lot of it is your cognition developing naturally.

remember mbti is how we think not necessarily how we behave
I have found many of you to be very intelligent. You can apply logic and problem solving when you choose, but it doesn't appear to be a default method.
yes exactly my point.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5

There may be some truth in this too.
Whilst I believe it was my INTJ father who really taught me the worth of logic - I tend to be in my 'cold logic' mode most when dealing with my ISFJ mother's emotional outbursts.

However, I wouldn't say I am 'more' a feeler when with my father, but my 'Fi' does occasionally show when his analysis gets too cold, and he makes an impersonal judgment that my idealism reacts to. I won't be outwardly emotional - but my insides will be all askew.

Still, I don't think I 'learned' the value of logic by trying to balance out my 'FFFFF' mother. That was discussions with the 'T' Dad, fo so.
Perhaps you had some other figure in your life, or in some way had a moment where you reached the conclusion that detached reason is valuable?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I voted that ENFJs suck at logic and problem solving, just to be a mean hater funny hater kid.

But frankly, I'm an ISTP enneagram 7 that sucks pretty darn badly at logic in comparison to Ns (but not practical problem solving).

Everyone knows the most logical type is INTJ 5w6 so/sp, and if you don't have an enneagram and/or an MBTI type surrounding those, your doomed to falling down the ladder that is the social intellectual heirarchy!

edit - To answer the thread title, I have nothing in common with ENFPs, and they don't give me endless trouble either like ENFJs, so I have adopted an indifference policy to most ENFPs.