• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP's what's your dream?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you want to do? Where do you hope to be in 10, 15, 20 years?

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would remove my insecurities.

As for my dream..I'm hoping to become an animal behaviorist, and more specifically, to work with young horses teaching them in the ways of Natural Horsemanship so they get the right start in life. Besides that, I'd like to work as a volunteer in a shelter or rescue to help make cats with behavioral problems suitable for rehoming again and giving stray kittens the right socialization from the get-go so they do not end up in the shelter again.

I know, I'm an idealist :doh:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
aww...that's sweet. what a sweetheart you are. :)

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
My dream is to live in a musical.

In 20 years, I hope to have enough money to buy minstrels who will follow me around and play "walking music."

If I could change something, I'd install an off-button on my forehead.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i've always got ideas kickin around in there...i need some inspiration....not sure.

i think about opening a business...i think about doing artistic photography and traveling around...i feel like i should do something more worthwhile...but i'm not sure what.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I want to have lived in at least a handful of different countries before I hit 40. Want to travel extensively. I can't die before I visit : most of Eastern Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Washington state and California, Peru, Northern Africa and Scandinavia. And a slew of other countries :D

I want to work in game development (game design in particular) and eventually be the project lead on something that will feel special to me (hopefully materializing some of the ideas I've dissected over the past 10 years).

You could say, a family, is a goal too. But not in the sense I will actively pursue it if it doesn't happen naturally. This should go without saying, only it doesn't, really, judging by the number of divorces and divided families everywhere.

I think that pretty much sums it up. Oh, and if I could change something about myself, it would be my laziness, hands down. I would like to be able to work even for things that don't immediately seem to be valuable.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i've always got ideas kickin around in there...i need some inspiration....not sure.

i think about opening a business...i think about doing artistic photography and traveling around...i feel like i should do something more worthwhile...but i'm not sure what.

Sounds cool ;)
It's not easy to run your own business, but if you have the discipline and aren't too scared of paperwork (or at least, that's how it works over here), it's very much worth it, with all the freedom you gain :)

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
My dream is to write superhero comics and then segway that into childrens' books/cartoons that don't feature infuriatingly anti-feminist characters. I want to change the face of childrens' television so that little girls have characters they can look up to on TV.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
QUESTION 1A: What do you want to do?
ANSWER 1A: Occupationally, I would like to be a motivational speaker. I have been kicking around the idea of developing a "Well Rounded Person" curriculum to include things as obvious as (1) Exercise, (2) Nutrition, (3) Personal Finance, (4) Self Discovery, (5) Basics of Criminal Law and Tort Law, (6) Organization, (7) Basic Fashion Sense, and (8) Personal Analytical Tool Kit aka How to Solve Problems that You Run Into or Create for Yourself.

QUESTION 1B: Where do you hope to be in 10, 15, 20 years?
ANSWER 1B: Teaching the course above to individuals, families, groups, or organizations/corporations. I would deliver a stripped down version of it for free to kids at local schools inbetween booked events.

QUESTION 2: If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
ANSWER 2: I can be impulsive. I can take things too literally and act on them to the effect of unintentionally pissing someone off. These two things I seek to improve over time, my clay is still wet, I am able to grow and to change. :)

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
In a few words? Think: The Great White Way...

My dream is to live in a musical.

In 20 years, I hope to have enough money to buy minstrels who will follow me around and play "walking music."

If I could change something, I'd install an off-button on my forehead.

Hell YES.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
What do you want to do? Where do you hope to be in 10, 15, 20 years?

I'm currently pretty happy to be without any goals or dreams of the future. I mean YAY! I have finally learned to live in this moment and not in the future. I really appreciate it but I still enjoy brainstroming different ways my life could develop in the future.

What I would like to change: many things and nothing at the same time. ;)

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
To recover.
To finally feel like I'm in control of my life.
To stop feeling like my personality is a cage and a fixed destiny. [Loathe being constrained]
To know myself sufficiently to avoid self-sabotage.
To develop a healthy philosophy and find meaning in life.
To find my better and learn from him / her. [ Read cling like hell :heart: ]
To write a novel or a story... something different and inspiring.
To keep pushing my ideas, intellect and imagination.

Too many things I want to change. But if there was one... to not please people automatically to the point of erasing myself in the process, like I've been doing these last few years.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
A house, a career, and a man I love.

The ability to speak another language.

And I want to have touched foot into every continent minus Antarctica.

silverchris9

MBTI Type
ENFP
I want to be a poet. Not a fake pretty verses poet, but a real poet that says something genuine and somewhat "original" at least insofar as whatever I say is said in a voice that is authentically mine.

In 20 years, I hope to have written a few plays, and I'd really like to have been published in one of the major magazines/journals (Poetry, The New Yorker, The Paris Review, The Kenyon Review, I'm sure there's plenty others).

If I could change something about myself, I would get a focus button so that I could make myself focus completely on a given thing (i.e., homework) for forty-five minutes, and then go back to being myself.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
I want to be a poet. Not a fake pretty verses poet, but a real poet that says something genuine and somewhat "original" at least insofar as whatever I say is said in a voice that is authentically mine.

I'd love to have a few published poems out there also. With pretty much that same criteria :)

In 20 years, I hope to have written a few plays, and I'd really like to have been published in one of the major magazines/journals (Poetry, The New Yorker, The Paris Review, The Kenyon Review, I'm sure there's plenty others).

Would you cast me in your plays, oh master poet?
I promith I'm dynamic and articulathe.
;)

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I'd love to work in philanthropy, or some kind of job where I get to help people on a wider scale. I'd also like to work with inner city children & foster kids, hopefully, in areas of counseling (sorta like a mentor). I'd love to work part-time as a professor, take classes part time for fun.. Basically, I dream of having a variety of things going on. I like the whole platter. And, hopefully to travel to Europe & other parts of the world..

I also dream of being able to take care of my family, regardless of how rough the economy is. I dream of just living a solid middle-class life (and staying there). And perhaps marry the man of my dreams.

What to change? Maybe to stay focused? Since I feel like I have some kind of ADD or something, not too bad though.. just need to stay more focused for longer periods of time.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
What do you want to do?

I want to be free and free people and free things. Liberation!

I want to find true love (in all its different forms and shapes) and happiness -- healthy, functional, transformative love and true happiness.

I want to experience The World, Life, and Other People.

Where do you hope to be in 10 years?

I want to be where I want to be. I want to have figured it out by then. I want to have processed through all my demons and issues. I want to be Complete and Activated. Also I better have popped out my biological kids by then. And found my life partner. And found My Calling.

If I haven't done this in 10 years, ZOMG, fughget about years 15,20, and beyond. I am too depressed to think further.

I feel like I have at least one but more like many some fundamental blockages holdings me back and preventing me from being who I want and need to be. So if I could change ONE thing about myself, I would clear that blockage so I could flow, like water, through life and be the force I was meant to be.

I've used the analogy of water before, and I stand by it.

Currently, I feel frustrated.

I want to feel Authentic and I want to feel Alive.

On a superficial level this means I wish I were more honest, or just honest. I wish I could handle, process, and express the emotions of anger and sadness better, without shame, guilt, fear, self-consciousness, or hang ups.

I wish I could be terrified of things and still jump in, both arms ready to embrace the future.

I want to be a hard ass and a bad ass and be in control of my life and command respect so that I do not have to feel like I'm always second-guessing myself and pulling back.

I want to feel strong and trust myself and others.

Ummmmm, YEAH.

Thanks for the questions EA! LOL. Just in time for a not quite mid-life crisis! You saved me a whole journal entry! :laugh:

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7

Been there, too. The 'how' part makes me feel unsure & drives me nuts. These might help:
1. Holland Code Quiz

2. Interests Search <- (Tab results here.)

* O*NET<- (For general research).

Universities/colleges use similar assessment tools. If 4 letters are equal, then tab down of the most important ones at link 2. Accommodate the missing interests with 'hobbies' (but the ideal career should feel like a hobby, right??). lol These are links I provided for fun. A career planning class might be of more help.. :) Or buy a book on it at the local J.C., since it has more accurate/resourceful info than the ones at retail bookstores IMO. Good luck!!

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Oh, my greatest dream is to adopt ten kids. I could never quite justify having ten kids to myself unless they were adopted, but ten kids is how many I want!