• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs sport and coordination

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I like team sports and martial arts because they are usual more about using your head than other sports where you need "simply" to push yourself to the limit.

When sports stimulate the mind and tactics need to be applied it gets a lot more fun.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't think NFs are really limited by physical ability, like having bad coordination. They often just lack a competitive drive. In most team sports, you need to fully put yourself out there and almost get into a primitive mind frame.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah! So it's just about peripheral vision and team dynamics?

That, and a ball flying towards me all of a sudden and I can't react soon enough ... or cause it to go in the wrong direction! :laugh:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Sports - No. Never.
Coordination - Heck yeah. FPS games are like crack to me. I love seeing boys run from me - its awesome.

Interesting about FPS games. I used to love it too. Rather than reacting you are one step ahead even, Ne just goes nuts, it's a rush. It was like, "12 people in a room firing rockets at me! cool, lets dodge... :)", funny thing is we are meant to be tactical, and I didn't always care about tactics, I just wanted to get in the middle of the action and rely on instinct. I loved quake for that reason, because it was fast and smooth. Counter-strike and some of the new ones are slow and tactical, and bore me sh*tless. Like why hide behind a rock for an hour?

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Interesting about FPS games. I used to love it too. Rather than reacting you are one step ahead even, Ne just goes nuts, it's a rush. It was like, "12 people in a room firing rockets at me! cool, lets dodge... :)", funny thing is we are meant to be tactical, and I didn't always care about tactics, I just wanted to get in the middle of the action and rely on instinct. I loved quake for that reason, because it was fast and smooth. Counter-strike and some of the new ones are slow and tactical, and bore me sh*tless. Like why hide behind a rock for an hour?

O yeah - Quake, UT99 - awesome. CS - Not so much. I'm a rail gun whore - and sniping just isnt my thing. Run N Gun all the way!!! :D

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
That, and a ball flying towards me all of a sudden and I can't react soon enough ... or cause it to go in the wrong direction! :laugh:

I worked with an INFP, who.. if you wanted a giggle.. was well worth throwing something to, eg an apple, and watching her miss and it bounce off her nose. (with her permission of course)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm a rail gun whore - and sniping just isnt my thing.

Me too actually. Only game where I always go for the sniping gun even for close encounters. It's just too much fun. When you get to a certain level of mastery you feel godlike :nerd:

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I guess I'm in okay shape, though I hardly exceirce. I do run, and ride my bike everywhere when weather permits. As for sports, I don't care for them..I spent so many years of my younger life being apart of teams, and was amazed at how serious a lot of people took it, and wanted out, so I've actually quit like four different sports, which didn't go over with a lot of people, whom I don't hang out with anymore.

I am extremely uncompetitive, and could care less for winning. I hardly do anything in my gym class, which I find to be the biggest joke ever. People pick fun of me because I read sometimes, when a lot of other people are interlocked in hard-headed competitions, which I have no desire for.

However, I spend most of my time outdoors, and my summers are spent hiking, backpacking, swimming, biking and jogging, usually with one or two friends, or on my own.

I don't hang out with people who are into sports either, except maybe cross country. Being in a highschool, I'd say cliques and groups are pretty strong.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
During my early schooling I was hopelessly weak and uncoordinated. Resulting in various situations that made my life more of a hell than it already was. Then I discovered weight-lifting, and spent several hours each day in our basement working out. I think it improved my coordination and ability to perform physical tasks immensely.

I have also been involved in martial arts of one form or another since my early teens. Which gave me the discipline and self-confidence to generally ignore the asshats I seem to have met so often in life.

I still generally dislike team sports though, too many jerks trying to impress someone at the expense of their team.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really hate sports, everything about them. Playing them, watching them. I am very coordinated though, I love video games.

What people do has nothing to do with personality type. My dad is an ISTP and hates sports... On the other hand I know N's that love them.

The two are pretty much unrelated to answer your question.

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm interested in what other NFs are like at sport, and whether personality type has much bearing on it.

Also how they approach sport, techniques, etc. What aspects they are best at.

there are a many good nf athlete

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
I have awesome reflexes - but TERRIBLE hand-eye coordination.
(Meaning - I'm a great catcher, but a terrible thrower)
Coordination, balance, me?
LOL

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Special Techniques- In high school, when we were forced to play soccer, the rebellious, non-comformist side in me said, "Strategy: Avoid the ball as much as possible. Whoever comes too close, if they kick you, kick back! :run: Run FAST the opposite way towards the goal post. Then when a group of people start to head here, jog there." Sports aren't my forté..

Except, boogie boarding (hardly do this anymore).. I'm tempted to take my baby cousins out to the school playgrounds so we can play a few rounds of handball. ;D

Oh- and dodge ball. FUN! Does steal the bacon count?? :heart:

I wanna get into rock climbing (only if it's indoor). I know. So hardcore.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
General co-ordination ie for say aerobics is quite good... hand-eye coordination is very bad :( I really did well at swimming and enjoyed it but the problem is that I really do not have a competitive bone in my body and so I didn't enter many meets to see how well I could perform.. I did very well in swimming competitions in school though when I was forced to take part!

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
As far as skill goes I am fairly natural at most sports due to having good reflexes and hand-eye coordination. The thing most people find funny about me though is that even though I still play quite a bit I hate watching any sport on T.V. I just find it very mind-numbing and boring :/ Why watch someone play a game on T.V. when you could be playing yourself?

Siegfried

MBTI Type
?
As far as skill goes I am fairly natural at most sports due to having good reflexes and hand-eye coordination. The thing most people find funny about me though is that even though I still play quite a bit I hate watching any sport on T.V. I just find it very mind-numbing and boring :/ Why watch someone play a game on T.V. when you could be playing yourself?

Yea, I prefer playing sports then watching too. Its something thats always been the case. Sport on TV can be fun aswell, but I feel better actually playing sports.

bluebreads

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Sports: Not my cup of tea. The only sports I thought were bearable in high school (and sometimes fun) were basketball, badminton (after some serious coordination practice), and square dancing (because I was partnered with my crush). Swimming and running are okay if I keep at them on a regular basis but I don't.

Coordination: Very bad but can improve upon practice.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm pretty decent at softball and volleyball. The only "sports" i did in high school were cheer leading and gymnastics. I was probably the worst cheerleader ever, because i am not coordinated at all, so i never did too well with routines. i was the resident cheerleader tumbler, because i used to be really good with gymnastic type stunts. Now i'm so out of shape i can hardly do the splits. I also highly enjoy aggressive inline skating, i'm not sure if that counts as a sport either, but i used to be really good at rollerblading.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Always been active, enjoyed sports. Played volleyball for 9 yrs competively.

Gym, spinning, running etc.

Almost all sorts of sports go except dancing.

I like my sports rough :D challenging myself. I'll prolly try extreme sports in near future.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
Always been active, enjoyed sports. Played volleyball for 9 yrs competively.

Gym, spinning, running etc.

Almost all sorts of sports go except dancing.

I like my sports rough :D challenging myself. I'll prolly try extreme sports in near future.

Yeah, sports are pretty awesome.