• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Fracture

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
The following all took place over text, because when I talk to her in person, she only listens in so far as I tell her what she wants to hear.

Mom: I need to put the house on the market and get something more affordable.

Me: Do you feel it may be unwise to say things like that over text?

Mom: Obviously not.

Me: Well it is.

Mom: But thanks for the criticism. As always.

Me: Fuck off.

Mom: Consider your cell phone shut off. As of tomorrow.

Me: Good. One less way for you to talk to me. Hey, you think you'll save enough to buy yourself an extra ounce of weed every month?

Mom: Probably. Thanks.

Me: Always happy to help someone whose priorities are straight.

Mom: Thanks. And now I'm done. Don't want to live like this anymore. Bye.

Me: Yeah. I'm so mean and your altruism knows no limits. Boo fucking hoo. How was such a wonderful mother cursed with such a bad son.

Mom: Goodbye.

Me: Promise?

Mom: Yep.

Me: Well you'll have to forgive that I've learned not to trust your promises.

Mom: You can trust this one.

Me: Oh word? Wow now I'm convinced.

Mom: Good. Enjoy the house. I'm done. Painlessly.

Me: I've never enjoyed the house.

Mom: Good. Then you're okay if I sell it. Or you can sell it when I'm gone. That makes me feel better.

Me: Yeah. See you tomorrow.

Mom: Probably not.

She's downstairs drinking a glass of wine and watching TV at the moment.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Oh, I thought you meant unwise as in someone could get hold of that information easier via text as opposed to in person.

Yeah, since she's your mom I suppose she should be more attuned to what would be a sensitive subject with you and a good way in which to approach it.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wouldn't listen to someone who told me to fuck off, either.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wow, that sounds bad. I can't imagine having that kind of relationship with my mother I have to assume there's a long history of bad communication and hurt on both sides.

Why don't you move out?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She sounds ill, Brendan.

Agreed.
I'm detecting a toxic, codependent relationship here.
I'd try to work toward moving out of that environment. It may seem overwhelming, and it may take a while.. but at least it's some light at the end of the tunnel.
Perhaps your relationship with your mom will have a chance to improve with a little space.. however, it sounds like your mom needs some individual therapy before you could even attempt a stable relationship with her later, if you even want one.

Dysfunctional parents can be difficult to deal with, to say the least.
I still go through a lot with my own mother. Progressively taking control of an emotionally abusive situation and developing some self value has taken me years, and taken me a long way forward as well.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck.