• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Right-brained or left-brained?

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Not to be taken too seriously :D

Which one are you dominantly? This is one test you could take
Blogthings - Are You Right or Left Brained?

Left-brained ppl:
What would you say about your academic success? Has school been easy, did you do well?

Right-brained ppl: -"- ?

"The left brain is associated with verbal, logical, and analytical thinking. It excels in naming and categorizing things, symbolic abstraction, speech, reading, writing, arithmetic. The left brain is very linear: it places things in sequential order -- first things first and then second things second, etc. If you reflect back upon our own educational training, we have been traditionally taught to master the 3 R's: reading, writing and arithmetic -- the domain and strength of the left brain.

The right brain, on the other hand, functions in a non-verbal manner and excels in visual, spatial, perceptual, and intuitive information. For the right brain, processing happens very quickly and the style of processing is nonlinear and nonsequential. The right brain looks at the whole picture and quickly seeks to determine the spatial relationships of all the parts as they relate to the whole. This component of the brain is not concerned with things falling into patterns because of prescribed rules. On the contrary, the right brain seems to flourish dealing with complexity, ambiguity and paradox. At times, right brain thinking is difficult to put into words because of its complexity, its ability to process information quickly and its non-verbal nature."

"In general terms there are three main types of learners. One type favors the logical and analytical part of the brain, or the left side, and another favors the emotional and visual or the right brain whereas the third group accesses both sides of the brain equally. People who generally do well in school tend to favor the logical analytical part of the brain. Schools are designed for this type of thinking.Logical sequential learning is presented in an orderly prescribed manner. This mode of thinking is ideally suited to scholastic success. It was this mode of thinking that designed schools and curricula, and provided a firm basis for the linear, sequential, time dependent world in which we live.

The majority of students appear to function well within this type of structured environment.

They accept scientific method and find that lab reports are easy to write. Logical analytical learners learn within the confines of language and are controlled by it. To be able to learn in this manner enables one to be successful in many academic tests. With achievement comes confidence and that is the controlling factor in future success or failure.

The second group are those who favor their visual memory for learning. They learn differently and tend to think in pictures, using the part of the brain that is emotional and creative. They do not think in words and are not governed by sentence structure. They ‘see’ the problem or information just as Einstein did. The picture in the mind does not dictate order. The acquisition of sequence is not automatic for the visual thinker. It usually has to be learned. In contrast to the auditory learner, the visual learner often encounters difficulty in school. School sometimes becomes a frightening place where there is constant insecurity and the visual learner is at a huge disadvantage.

However, among these visual learners are many of our truly brilliant people. They use their vivid imaginations to solve problems, provide alternatives and generate new ideas and ways of doing things. Although the details may escape them, their ability to visualize offers them the opportunity to see ‘the big picture’. Many outstanding leaders are among the ranks of those who did not shine scholastically but were able to use their ability in the world of work. "

What do you think?

And could this have something to do with different personality types?

IrishStallion819

MBTI Type
INFJ
lol ^ Thats alot of reading but I took a test one time and they put me as "Centerbrained"..

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
"You Are 15% Left Brained, 85% Right Brained".

I don't see any correlation to type..

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
15% left... hmm... not too much obvious relation

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
You are 15% Left Brained, 85% Right Brained. I like the spinning lady better.

Gauche

Ok, got You Are 10% Left Brained, 90% Right Brained , no surprise here...

You know, I've been into this stuff about hemispheres for a pretty long time, from simple left-right functioning, through split-brained patients to withdrawal/approach models and so on.. a whole lot of theories. I think each of the theories are interesting by itself, and could be really reasonable. But otoh, there's really such a quantum of various theories, it's sometimes hard to find a correlation. What is connected with what.. The theories of hemispheres are being applied to whole lot of personality shit, like Gardner's multiple intelligences (or anyone made that), the four brain learning quadrants (or how's it called), even into MBTI.. you can find really everything related to brain hemispheres. And who shall know what's actually true and what's bullshit?

To the MBTI - only recently a saw a very interesting site explaining each cognitive function in relation to particular brain hemisphere and brain functioning. E.g. they proposed that left brain is responsible for Si, Ni, Te, Fe and right is responsible for Ne, Se, Ti, Fi, so Js are left and Ps are right brained...

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
To the MBTI - only recently a saw a very interesting site explaining each cognitive function in relation to particular brain hemisphere and brain functioning. E.g. they proposed that left brain is responsible for Si, Ni, Te, Fe and right is responsible for Ne, Se, Ti, Fi, so Js are left and Ps are right brained...

I've seen this also, and it seems to make some sense. It also doesn't include the right brain = emotional, left brain = logical thing that I think is bull.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained

I've taken similar tests to this before but I usually test right brained.

Gauche

I've seen this also, and it seems to make some sense. It also doesn't include the right brain = emotional, left brain = logical thing that I think is bull.

I think the main problem here is that this became a pop-science. You know, some stupid faggot read a flash information that "the left brain is logical and analytical and mathematical, and right is creative and emotional" and he spread whole bullshit around forums and yahooanswers and things like that like he have ate all the wisdom in the world, but still he only replicates what he heard and have no clue what's it really about. It's like a chain reaction then.

Like you said, to simply say that left is logical and right is emotional really seems to be a kind of bullshit. It's very simplistic approach and the problematic is probably far more deeper like that.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
You Are 5% Left Brained, 95% Right Brained

These results are annoying. Anyway, the way the brain is being divided into these 2 separate function is too simplistic.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
You are 45% left brained, 55% right brained. I usually score left brained, this is better balanced, I guess.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
IMO this kind of test isn't valid unless you're under an MRI or EEG to confirm the activity differentials