• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJ & ESFP ???

Eng.daisy

MBTI Type
INFJ
how well are they as friends ?? if they were will they last ??

Lightyear

They share the feeling function so they get each other on an emotional level but ESFP's are often too superficial and not intellectual enough for INFJ's and ESFP's have accused me before of "being just no fun". (Well it depends on your definition of fun, doesn't it? :p ) ESFP's can be very flighty and a lot of INFJ's are not good at staying in contact too, but again it depends on each individual relationship, some might work out, some might not.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I got plenty on my back -I have no idea why- I can loan you some.

IrishStallion819

MBTI Type
INFJ
I actually get along quite well, with the esfp I know.. Hes a very "go getter" type person, which helps branch me out alittle more.. I think if we did not share the same morals/outlook on life; It would probably be a challenging relationship. I definetly relate to the "Feeling" aspect of it. Hes built like "Paul bunyon", on account he use to be in the tree cutting business but hes just a big softy lolz.. I'm the person that "thinks ahead" and hes the "Legs"; so you know with us working together, something will get done for sure..

amigone

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w5
I have an ESFP friend, and I adore her. I intend to keep her in my life for as long as she wants to be a part of it. She accepts me and I her, and I perceive us to respect each others differences. And she genuinely cares. Our friendship will last if we both want it to. As for ESFP-flightiness; She's more flexible and impulsive than I am, but she's always been there for me when I've turned to her.

wolfmaiden14

*ears perk up*
MBTI Type
Infx
My first boyfriend of two years, who is now my best friend, is ESFP. It's been one of the most fulfilling relationships (on all levels) I've ever had. (Though, he does have a fair bit of N in him as well, which probably makes it.) The fact that we got through the really, really messy break up and lots of betrayal on both ends yet still put the friendship as something higher that needed to be maintained can attest to that.

He accepts me and loves me for the gifts I bring, even if it sometimes confuses him. (Sometimes my Ne likes to talk out loud and he goes "Why on earth would you say something like that? No one would EVER care...XD" and he's accused me of being "boring" a time or two.) I don't understand the superficiality thing much, he jumps from person to person with friends or relationships, and all I can see are all the effects of such things when he doesn't. :huh: I've also felt very much in a "mothering" position with him sometimes, too, but I also think that's part of why he appreciates me. I keep him on track, and he keeps my head from drifting off too much. He's a million kinds of fun and brings me out of my shell. His positive charisma makes me all tingly when I watch how well he commands a crowd (to better the world. XD) and he enjoys my quiet, constant support.

It's lovely. XD

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I have an E/ISFP best friend. We've been friend's for six years now. She's very realistic relationship wise and she kind of "de-blurs" my mind a lot. We both support each other in our own ways. She appreciates the fact that I give her her space and that I don't make mountains out of moles. I appreciate her enthusiasm, her charisma(but she's too nice for her own good!) she has a very realistic yet positive outlook on life. She's affectionate, adorable, a great listener (and" an entertaining performer" xD). She just "shines" in my life.
I don't think she's superficial at all. Matter of fact I'm quite wary of people who think they're "very deep" in general because I "expect" some back-up for that. She does jump from people to people and loves variety but honestly she knows "who her real friends are"and never fails to make time for us because she's quite "popular?". Same for me.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never met an INFJ that I didn't like. (I don't think, anyways.) I don't have any INFJ friends, but a couple of aquaintances. I get along with them very well, except that they are a bit of an enigma to me. I don't understand them much at all. I think if I could develop a deeper understanding of an INFJ, (and meet them more often), then I would probably want to stay in contact with them.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was friends with an ESFP, then engaged to him, then downgraded to long distance friends. There were ups and downs, but the downs (miscommunications) became too numerous and it didn't last. That said, we get along fine as friends and he's lots of fun to be around. He was GREAT at cheering me up.

He did have fits of temper very occasionally, but when they managed to collide with my bad moods it was an apocalyptic train wreck. But I'm guessing that sort of rare occurrence is right up there with the blooming of a Titan arum and would only happen in the course of a serious relationship.

Last edited:

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It depends how strong you differ your will to this flawed system
Which is in turn how weak your actual ego is.

If you get along with someone, you do.
If you are both too superficial for each other, then no. It cannot and will never work.
You will marry an ENFP and do yoga all day

See how insulting that is?
Give the other person a chance as a person, and then go from there.
Wouldn't you want the same to be done for you?

Now stop asking us, since we'll never be under the same circumstances you 2 are,
and go live life instead of theorizing about it-it defeats the purpose of living

function wise-ESFPs offer what i just said-they live.
I get along well with people who use Se, because i have strong Se and Ni.
you can use this theory it like that, but don't jump off the bridge, turbo.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It depends how strong you differ your will to this flawed system
Which is in turn how weak your actual ego is.

If you get along with someone, you do.
If you are both too superficial for each other, then no. It cannot and will never work.
You will marry an ENFP and do yoga all day

See how insulting that is?
Give the other person a chance as a person, and then go from there.
Wouldn't you want the same to be done for you?

Now stop asking us, since we'll never be under the same circumstances you 2 are,
and go live life instead of theorizing about it-it defeats the purpose of living

function wise-ESFPs offer what i just said-they live.
I get along well with people who use Se, because i have strong Se and Ni.
you can use this theory it like that, but don't jump off the bridge, turbo.

Don't cast judgment and imitate Victor in tandem. It gives me heartburn.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
efsp is a muse for infj. esfp grabs infj by the hand and makes it dance when it otherwise wouldn't. but there's something untrustworthy if you look under the rug where the sweeping arrows point. but that could be paranoia and neuroses and bleak infj guardedness/neediness. who knows?