• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Which type do you have a secret soft-spot for?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I secretly find ENFPs adorable. They're also the only ones who dare to spontaneously hug me.

Not so fun to work with though.

The type that really intrigues me is INXJ. I can relate to the intensity held back by introversion, and I usually feel like I want to dig further (but I don't, because it would be rude and I hate other people doing that to me).

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NF's in general,because they just get it.
SP's esp. ISFP's. Love 'em to bits.
I have a secrete soft spot for non-sharp and pointy INTP's IRL. It's a love/hate thing, or a horrified curiosity thing, I haven't decided.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All this ENFP love makes me :sick:

Since the thread was originally created by an ENFP, you gotta wonder if the thread is rigged. :D

PureWhispers

ENTx. I've got a weird history with ENTx types. :unsure:

But that's in regards to the first question. I don't know what type(s) would satisfy the second question for me.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
Really all of the SJs, and I'd add ENFJ to the list as well.

P

Phantonym

I don't have soft spots. I don't discriminate. I'm all for equality.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(And by this, I don't even necessarily mean which type attracts you the most)

Is there a type that - upon recognizing someone as such in the real world - causes you to be biased and make the extra effort not usually made to get to know them/recognize you?
Is there a type that - upon posting in the forum with their type displayed - makes you feel all 'fuzzy' reading their posts (no matter how ridiculous), and it's hard to dissuade the notion that they're not necessarily AWESOME because they are this type?

There can be (and often is) absolutely no recognizably logical reason as to 'why'. You may clearly understand that someones type is not the entirety of their personality, yet you can't help it. Perhaps you have never even really encountered one in day-to-day life, merely like the image painted by this types MBTI description.

Oh, and - you are NOT ALLOWED to answer with your own type. I forbid it :cheese:

Commence the irrational love!

(PS - anyone ELSE find that 'cheese' smiley kind of threatening?!)

"soft spot" and ENTJ sound like oxy morons but...

I can't help it..

ENTJ posters on this board. ENTJs in real life. There aren't a lot of them around though.

P

Phantonym

You don't like any type better than others?

No. Why should I? I like people in general, or at least try to understand where they're coming from. It's the person behind the type I'm most interested in.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I don't think I have a soft spot for any particular type. Any type can be nice.

Popstar73

MBTI Type
ENTP
I seem to want to hire ISTJs for jobs...

I don't ask it as a hiring question and I don't type when I meet job candidates, but after I hire them and we do an MBTI session, I just seem to hire ISTJs... I think I appreciate the introversion and the judging. Sensors, in general, are a hard climb for me...but I married one and that seems to be working so maybe I just appreciate the challenge.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I admit I have one for ISTJs based on the closer relationship I've had with ArbiterDewey.. Upon discovering he wasn't scary and mean and actually quite enjoyable and nice :) I have an irrational bias that they're all this way.

It's the same with INTJs... :facepalm: only it didn't work quite as well. I met one that was actually quite taken with me and thus very nice to me even now, and yet INTJs outside of this one are quite indeed quite mean and nonchalant. :threaten: But I still assume that they're going to be nice and friendly to me because of my bias from the first one I met.

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
INTJs (similar operation) and INFJs (staring into a mirror).
Very serious crush on those types. They're both so perfect and beautiful.. they just capture my imagination. If I had to paint a picture of the best type of human being, it would have to be a creature who would be a cross between those two.

When no one is looking... INTPs. Brains... beautiful brains. I love how mean they come across. I'm a bit cruel (perhaps because I'm unhealthy), I get bored of people fairly quick once I figure them out, their input tends to move things whenever people are too comfortable. They are a puzzle in their own right.

As much as I like hanging out with INFPs I am trying to reduce (possibly escape) my Fi. We usually end up validating each other's system and get all epic and crusade-like on the whole world. It's fun but god its a bad habit. Haha.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
INTJs and ENTPs are the ones I have BIG soft-spots for. But it's not a secret. ;)

I also have much smaller ones for INTPs, ENFPs, ENFJs, ISFJs, ISTPs, ISTJs, and ISFPs.

INFPs, ENTJs, and ESxx types get a fairly cool reaction, and have to have a very compelling personal quality to interest me.