• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Which type do you have a secret soft-spot for?

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Anybody in real life whose type I happen to know intrigues me. Just by knowing their type early on, I'd want to get to know them better for research purposes, I guess; just to make mental notes of how they behave. But the types who would most intrigue me would probably be NT types, and the type that would pretty much force me to get to know the person better is INTJ.

:heart:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On the forums: ENTJ/ESTJ

IRL: Any other intuitive.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
So you were generalizing even before you created a thread devoted to generalizations?

DUH. Didn't you know all NTs are unfeeling, logical semi-robots only ever concerned with the quest for ABSOLUTE TRUTH?
...Did they not tell you this at the initiation ceremony?

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
DUH. Didn't you know all NTs are unfeeling, logical semi-robots only ever concerned with the quest for ABSOLUTE TRUTH?
...Did they not tell you this at the initiation ceremony?

I enjoy Fi. It's refreshing and relaxing.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP's. I have never disliked one :D

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
Ok, let us turn the question around...

Which type do you irrationally feel biased to avoid/not like? :devil:

A type which - upon posting in the forum with their type displayed - makes you more inclined to disregard their opinion, even though you try to dissuade the notion that they're not necessarily the devil’s incarnate because they are this type?

(See...we ENFPs are not all 'puppies and sunshine'. We like playing devil's advocate too)

-- Please, no one take this too seriously. This is all unreasonable and semi-joking.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The initial question:

Secret soft spot: INTP
Known soft spot: INTJ

Dunno why, but I somehow always end up talking to them, and I absolutely love it. Guess I'm a sucker for confidence, dry humor and obvious intelligence.

Though, I will admit that their E-cousins are quite fascinating too.

Oddly enough, the ones that can be difficult for me to handle, are often also INTPs and ENTPs :devil:
Oh well, I enjoy a challenge...
Also, I haven't had enough interaction here and irl yet with all the types to really be able to say who I dislike..

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
soft spot: infj, enfp, entp, intj, esfj, esfp....I think that may be all....for now (and obviously there will be exceptions)
irrationally avoid/dislike: estj, intp (though obviously there are exceptions)

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Ok, let us turn the question around...

A type which - upon posting in the forum with their type displayed - makes you more inclined to disregard their opinion, even though you try to dissuade the notion that they're not necessarily the devil’s incarnate because they are this type?

(See...we ENFPs are not all 'puppies and sunshine'. We like playing devil's advocate too)

-- Please, no one take this too seriously. This is all unreasonable and semi-joking.

But what if I find out someone dislikes me? I might have to turn my computer off ... or something worse. :eek:uch:

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i sort of have this thing for ISTJs. I also sort of get all fuzzy for INTJs, INTPs, other INFPs, ISFPs and INFJs.

i irrationally feel biased to avoid/dislike ESTJs.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think I have a real soft spot for INTx's in general, but especially INTJs.

I tend to irrationally dislike INFPs, although a few of them have managed to get me to like them. I tend to regularly question the types of the ones I like internally, though.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
...Did I also mention I feel inclined to adore/admire INTPs?

I'm (albeit somewhat irrationally) wary of INTJs. I have an INTJ father, and when his 'TJ' gets out of control...
-Shudder-

Also ESTJs. Have an ESTJ brother - we do not understand each other.
At all.

Doesn't mean I can't like 'em ;)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
...Did I also mention I feel inclined to adore/admire INTPs?

I'm (albeit somewhat irrationally) wary of INTJs. I have an INTJ father, and when his 'TJ' gets out of control...
-Shudder-

Also ESTJs. Have an ESTJ brother - we do not understand each other.
At all.

Doesn't mean I can't like 'em ;)

Why hello thar.

But hmm...secret soft spot? As much as they freak me out, ENFP are fun to play with on this board, and the one I know in real life is tons of fun, if not stressful.

As for irrational avoidance...ENTJ or maybe ESFP. Sorry Shortnsweet, you actually seem fun, but ESFP hyperactivity only seems tolerable in small doses.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Why hello thar.

But hmm...secret soft spot? As much as they freak me out, ENFP are fun to play with on this board, and the one I know in real life is tons of fun, if not stressful.

As for irrational avoidance...ENTJ or maybe ESFP. Sorry Shortnsweet, you actually seem fun, but ESFP hyperactivity only seems tolerable in small doses.

I get ESFPed out too. I need to stop and drift more. But in the moment they are awesome. They bring out the fun side of ENFP so well. ISFPs are still my favourites, closely followed by INFPs.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJs. I've had amazing friendships with them, and the posters here tend to remind me of why that is.

Also, the ENTJs (a type I have no real-life experience with) have really dispelled the stereotypes of them that I have built. I consistently enjoy their posts.

Oh greeeaat. Now all the people who answer the OP without reading the thread are going to cause all sorts of heartbreak and confusion.

Therefore, for changing the rules of the thread mid-stride, I'll put ENFP here, too. :cool:

D

Dali

I do especially enjoy the company of ENFPs & ESFJs. Female NFJs seem to, for reasons I can't entirely comprehend, enjoy my company.

I'll be entirely un-original and say that ESTJs have given me the most trouble in recent years. I find their brand of logic difficult to understand. Especially when they have nothing of substance to back up their 'edicts' other than that is how it's 'supposed' to be. The feeling seems to be mutual as they seem perpetually shocked by my spontaneity. My apologies to any that read this and got offended but that's been my experience.