• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Am I E or I?

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
So, I did another test, and I've found out, I'm a swinger in this one. Usually comes out fairly Introverted, but not so much this time, but it does explain the MPD! :) Any thoughts? Do I love you and hate you? Can't stand to be around you, and can't stand to be away? See the stone set in your eyes, see the thorn twist in your side....now I'm just singing "With or Without You"......

Jung Test Results

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%

Your type is: ENFJ

ENFJ - "Persuader". Outstanding leader of groups. Can be aggressive at helping others to be the best that they can be. 2.5% of total population.

Your type is: INFJ

INFJ - "Author". Strong drive and enjoyment to help others. Complex personality. 1.5% of total population.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
50/50? felicidades

I'm prone to say that you're an ambivert, but that's cuz I am and I want more people like meeeeeeeeeee.

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hahahaha, I like that answer, I can turn on whatever mode I want, one second Mel Gibson (INFJ), the next, Johnny Depp (ENFJ).

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I wouldn't want to be Gibson, if I were you...

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
What do you have against Gibson? He's an amazing actor.

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Oh, Martin Riggs is who I think of, you know, from Lethal Weapon, Gibson is kick ass, also in "We were soldiers", "The Patriot" and of course, "Braveheart", one of the greatest movies....ever!

Oh, I thought Signs was stupid, but that was when it first came out, and I totally forget it, all I know, is that I kept saying "It has to be aliens at the end of this" and "it's going to be a big let down", and sure enough, although, Gibson was great.

I guess I'm just surprised that you'd pick on Mel Gibson, when Depp is the one who'd like to live in early 20th century France, and acts all mysterious and weird all the time, especially with his eccentric roles and persona.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Well, I've done some acting and the roles Depp plays are quite a lot harder (and more creative), so... I guess I respect his talent more than Gibson's.

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Who has the Oscar, and who doesn't? Just to play devil's advocate.

Anyway, so, as an ambivert, I'm now officially an IENsFTJP......

I knew it, I'm omniscient.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
Hahahaha, I like that answer, I can turn on whatever mode I want, one second Mel Gibson (INFJ), the next, Johnny Depp (ENFJ).

I thought we decided a while back that Depp was an INFP? I mean he's definitely NF but he seems so reserved compared to the ENFJ's I've known. I wonder what the rational could be.

That being said, deciding whether you're one or the other is really tough and something that has plagued me every once in a while (S/N was much harder.) It's all about how you feel around people. Today I'm gonna go to sleep soon and get up at 1030 and be all tired but when I get to work I'm gonna start helping people and get all excited and energized. How would act and react in that situation? Would you need a chemical boost (cigarettes, coffee, etc.) or could you do it like me?

Also when you hear the phone ringing do you run for cover or jump up and get? I'm so crazy E that I find myself answering the phone at my friends' houses and when I'm just about their I go, "What the heck am I doing?" :doh:

You should really post some more info about yourself! :D

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Who has the Oscar, and who doesn't? Just to play devil's advocate.

Anyway, so, as an ambivert, I'm now officially an IENsFTJP......

I knew it, I'm omniscient.

Yeah you scored pretty close on all the functions! :shock:

I'm so jealous right now. ;)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that's crazy! you're crazy! what the hell! kinda cool though. :D

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
And you giiiiiiveee yourself awaaaaaaaayayyyyy. And you giiiiiiveee yourself awaaaaaaaayayyyyy....and you giiiiivveee...and you giiiiivveee...with or without youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Badass song. Too bad Bono is a dumbass.

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I thought we decided a while back that Depp was an INFP? I mean he's definitely NF but he seems so reserved compared to the ENFJ's I've known. I wonder what the rational could be.

That being said, deciding whether you're one or the other is really tough and something that has plagued me every once in a while (S/N was much harder.) It's all about how you feel around people. Today I'm gonna go to sleep soon and get up at 1030 and be all tired but when I get to work I'm gonna start helping people and get all excited and energized. How would act and react in that situation? Would you need a chemical boost (cigarettes, coffee, etc.) or could you do it like me?

Also when you hear the phone ringing do you run for cover or jump up and get? I'm so crazy E that I find myself answering the phone at my friends' houses and when I'm just about their I go, "What the heck am I doing?" :doh:

You should really post some more info about yourself! :D

Yes, I need a chemical boost. I'll be tired until I have coffee, and I'm only motivated by the possibility of showing off, and I don't need to be around anyone until I'm ready to do so. I hate answering the phone as well, and do not like to be interupted when I'm in a train of thought or in a work regiment.

My motivation is not based on meeting someone, but on the possibility, if any, that I can in some way "impress" someone. I'm drained, until I've made a substantial impact or impression. Recently, I've even impressed and made an impact on a new friend, however, the more I get to know them, the more I find them really boring as they aren't as astute and don't understand things as substantially as I do. Most relationships are like that, until I've made a friendship that is lasting with depth the friendship will die without warning. Wow, especially relationships come to think of it!

Most people I find draining, because they're stupid! While I'm around intelligent people, I'm the clown, because they're easier to impress, and I'm always confused for an extrovert around them, because my guard is completely absolved. MPD, ambivert, undefined???

Example: I was watching "Shooter" with a group of 3 guys and 4 girls on Sunday, and my roommate Bruce thought he saw Jason Statham in the movie, and immediately I knew it wasn't him. Silence entered the room as everyone looked. Then, with little to no delay as the look alike came up again, I whispered loudly to my other roommate sitting next to me so everyone could hear, "Hey, can you tell Bruce he's an idiot for me", to which, Bruce instantly breaks out laughing. Now, the message and intent to an insecure person, would not normally yield laughter, rather an awkward and prolonged silence. Some of the stares I received around the room, were completely, "Oh my god, I can't believe he said that, does he realize what he might have done!", and it was ridiculous, because they couldn't understand the joke or the sarcastic intent. One boisterous laugh, in a room of 7, to me only suggests one thing! :)

As well, it seems like I have to explain things to people all the time because no one else sees the answers that are so clearly evident to me. They are also, not well read, or informed, and too busy "doing" than "thinking through". This holds true in class especially, as I was never the person to put my hand up to ask a question, only to answer, if it was indeed important enough to do so. I'm even more of a shut in, when forced to be around circumstances and ideologies I foundationally disagree with. Hermit mode sets in like an unrelenting fog; that is to say, I am unable to move forward when I believe the basis of what I'm doing is fallible. I could never sell anyone on something I didn't foundationally agree with. I'd have a very hard time selling life insurance or defending someone on trial, as I'd be too busy questioning whether or not it's right, to get any work done.

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
And you giiiiiiveee yourself awaaaaaaaayayyyyy. And you giiiiiiveee yourself awaaaaaaaayayyyyy....and you giiiiivveee...and you giiiiivveee...with or without youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Badass song. Too bad Bono is a dumbass.

...and to me, anyone who thinks Bono is a dumbass, is a dumbass!

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4

Doesn't apply to me so much. I don't feel strongly one way or the other actually, I release potential energy, which is also energized depending on the audience around me. Like catalystic energy waves, rather than energy strictly ascending from extroversion or strictly descending from introversion, I honestly feel both, quite regularly.

All of them are so close, no wonder I'm so damned indecisive about frakking everything in life, and everything comes under such high pressured scrutiny. Being an ambivert is exhausting and confusing. That's it!!! Confusing, truly describes me.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
Yes, I need a chemical boost. I'll be tired until I have coffee, and I'm only motivated by the possibility of showing off, and I don't need to be around anyone until I'm ready to do so. I hate answering the phone as well, and do not like to be interupted when I'm in a train of thought or in a work regiment.

My motivation is not based on meeting someone, but on the possibility, if any, that I can in some way "impress" someone. I'm drained, until I've made a substantial impact or impression. Recently, I've even impressed and made an impact on a new friend, however, the more I get to know them, the more I find them really boring as they aren't as astute and don't understand things as substantially as I do. Most relationships are like that, until I've made a friendship that is lasting with depth the friendship will die without warning. Wow, especially relationships come to think of it!

Most people I find draining, because they're stupid!

And:

As well, it seems like I have to explain things to people all the time because no one else sees the answers that are so clearly evident to me. They are also, not well read, or informed, and too busy "doing" than "thinking through". This holds true in class especially, as I was never the person to put my hand up to ask a question, only to answer, if it was indeed important enough to do so. I'm even more of a shut in, when forced to be around circumstances and ideologies I foundationally disagree with. Hermit mode sets in like an unrelenting fog; that is to say, I am unable to move forward when I believe the basis of what I'm doing is fallible. I could never sell anyone on something I didn't foundationally agree with. I'd have a very hard time selling life insurance or defending someone on trial, as I'd be too busy questioning whether or not it's right, to get any work done.

You sound INT to me. Most likely INTJ, as these sound like traits I typically find in my very INTj father.

Just sayin' ;)

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Haha, that's only because us INFJ's are 1.5% of the human population, and you've probably never had the opportunity to observe their behaviour patterns....since we're now talking about our understanding based on our experiences....:)...lol....

As my results suggest, you're probably not far off, as my F and T only have a 3% difference.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm saying so because the INFJs I've known - who've both had highly developed 'Thinking' to go with their 'F' preference - have a lot of patience with people, even ones they find 'stupid'. Their idealist nature makes them inclusive and seeking to find the good points of 'stupid' people. To an extent, anyway.

I'm only motivated by the possibility of showing off, and I don't need to be around anyone until I'm ready to do so. I hate answering the phone as well, and do not like to be interupted when I'm in a train of thought or in a work regiment.

Most people I find draining, because they're stupid!

NFs aren't generally motivated just by the idea that they can 'impress' someone, nor do they tend to suddenly write people off.

You sound like a classic INT to me.