• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Am I E or I?

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm saying so because the INFJs I've known - who've both had highly developed 'Thinking' to go with their 'F' preference - have a lot of patience with people, even ones they find 'stupid'. Their idealist nature makes them inclusive and seeking to find the good points of 'stupid' people. To an extent, anyway.

NFs aren't generally motivated just by the idea that they can 'impress' someone, nor do they tend to suddenly write people off.

You sound like a classic INT to me.

Haha, that's what's confusing you. I DO have patience for stupid people, only nice stupid people not arrogantly stupid people as that's more in the form of non confrontationalism, than never talking to them. I "prefer" to associate with like minded people that follow my ideals, then "prefering" all people. Friendships with me, are only found among a select few, true friendships at least. More people know of me, than know me. I'm very easy going around people who I share commonalities with, and I naturally practice hospitality, and I'm warm and reassuring until people turn their brains off, and start talking out of their ass. My F is only 3% above T, and both wage war against each other for dominance, so that may be where the confusion lies.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
Haha, that's what's confusing you. I DO have patience for stupid people, only nice stupid people not arrogantly stupid people as that's more in the form of non confrontationalism, than never talking to them. I "prefer" to associate with like minded people that follow my ideals, then "prefering" all people. Friendships with me, are only found among a select few, true friendships at least. More people know of me, than know me. I'm very easy going around people who I share commonalities with, and I naturally practice hospitality, and I'm warm and reassuring until people turn their brains off, and start talking out of their ass. My F is only 3% above T, and both wage war against each other for dominance, so that may be where the confusion lies.

The 'I seek first to impress people' has still got me, but fair enough.
....Then again, my father the INTJ thinks he's the most kind-hearted of the kind -snort-
(Ok, he IS a very good person at heart - he just has a tendency not to openly express this kindness, nor show empathy)

But obviously you would know yourself better than me, so :nice:

Welcome, fellow NF.

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
The 'I seek first to impress people' has still got me, but fair enough.
....Then again, my father the INTJ thinks he's the most kind-hearted of the kind -snort-
(Ok, he IS a very good person at heart - he just has a tendency not to openly express this kindness, nor show empathy)

But obviously you would know yourself better than me, so :nice:

Welcome, fellow NF.

I love ENFP's, I like their moves and their style. And that goes for all y'all, don't pretend to be something you're not, just be who you are, that's what's really cool.

got wavs? - Starsky_And_Hutch: housesit.wav

Why is impressing people somehow mysteriously outside of the realm of the INFJ?

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
Why is impressing people somehow mysteriously outside of the realm of the INFJ?

It's not - but you were expressing it as your primary motivation for meeting people. NFs (generally) tend to be interested in people for the people themselves - to read them, pick them apart, engage them, etc.
NFs need to be appreciated as people - but meeting people to impress them is more of an indicator of 'T', going on both personal experience and my (currently somewhat limited) knowledge of MBTI.

However, if you think you've got F leanings over T - who am I to tell you otherwise?

Just an obnoxious little ENFP, that's all ;)

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I only start impressing people, after I've made connection, not before. I don't walk into a room doing a silly dance, and then start talking. I connect first, and then act out.

Last edited: