• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Intuition?

VissralNaction

MBTI Type
INFJ
Does it tell you to do or not to do things for an unknown reason?

Annoyingly so. Sometimes I'm like "Would it really kill you to just tell me why?"

For example, you want to do something. You can justify doing it, there is no apparent reason why you should not. Not even a moral reason which would make your conscience guilty. Yet there is still a nagging feeling inside of you, which makes it not feel right.

Every now and again I do it anyway, knowing that I'm shooting myself in the foot and that I've just cost myself taking the long way. ... but hey ... free will right. :yes:

I thought this feeling was the spirit of God guiding me.

It is. Except when it's not. Sometimes I want it to be so I convince myself that it is. Sometimes it comes in varying degrees. It's not always earth-shattering stuff either. But when IT IS AND IT'S IMPORTANT AND IT'S TIME ... there's no doubt at all. It's flow time! (I LOVE flow time. It's so fuckin' Jedi :jew:)

Also, it would seem quite odd for me, being an INTP. I have known this feeling for quite a long time. The feeling is usually right, even with small things.

Yup. You're sane ... stamped it.

I could talk and talk ... but really ... how do you talk about it? It's experiential, not describable ... AND the experience keeps evolving. As Zinn would say ... you're not what you think you are, regardless of what you think you are.

FWIW ... I agree that this is different from the MBTI 'intuition' ... however the soul will USE the intuition THROUGH the intuition ... just as I'm using my hands to type.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
It's just rapid subconscious reasoning, in which the end product becomes conscious.

For me, it only seems rapid, but it's actually the result of a very long process, years sometimes, of thinking about things and feeling things in the "background." Then, they bob to the surface like a whale coming up for air, but really they've been swimming under the water for a long time. So, it can seem rapid and violent because of this, but it's a long process. Kind of like when you're tweaking a synth and you come up with a patch that does nothing for 30 seconds when you press a key, but then due to the ADSR envelope, filters, and the like, you suddenly hear sounds swooping past you and then fading away into the sound wave again... :headphne:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
People try to make intuition out to be this instant form of knowledge and a almost mystical phenomenon.

It's just rapid subconscious reasoning, in which the end product becomes conscious.

Going by Ne I'd call it linking rather than reasoning. Though that is a type of reasoning. The answer isn't found by normal logical steps though. More bridging blanks in the system. It chooses the options that are consistent and preserve the continuum. It's pattern mapping maybe; finds the patterns and order in things, and uses them to extrapolate or interpolate.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
It's pattern mapping maybe; finds the patterns and order in things, and uses them to extrapolate or interpolate.

I definitely think this is at least one component of it.