• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Animals & MBTI (A thread brought to you via 'an attempt to satiate boredom')

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
Before all you 'rationale' types come in and burst my bubble - yes, I'm aware that other animals (at least to our knowledge) do not have a complex enough psyche to have a Myers-Briggs personality type - however - have you ever caught yourself thinking 'wow, that squirrel is such an NF - look how it helps the other squirrels gather their nuts, but then goes to her nest seeming to need positive affirmation from her mate-squirrel'?

It all started with my gorgeous Siberian Husky - who is such a little ExFP.
If you know anything about Sibes you'll know they need constant attention ('pack' mentality), have boundless energy, are as playful as they come, friendly to a fault, super bright, fiercely independent (and resist all attempts at control - ever tried to train one? lol) but very loyal, distinctly loveable, easily offended but just as easily forgiving and the most ADD of all dog types. (You can be wrestling with a Sibe and have their undivided attention, someone's about to claim victory an....OH LOOK SOMETHING SHINEY)

Uhhh...anyway.
Have you ever started typing animals (whether consciously or not)?

If so, share your 'findings' - and let me know I'm not the only one who has become out of control with applying MBTI :shock:

****This is wholly a 'just for fun' kind of excercise - again, I'm not implying animals really have types that can be defined by MBTI ;)

penelope

MBTI Type
INxJ
haha, I was just think about this today.

I'm sure most cats would be INxx hehe. Mine would be INFP. My parents dog would be ESFP.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
INTPs are Sasquatches. Almost impossible to find in the wild, and hate cameras. And hairy.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Dogs are always fundamentally misunderstood when it comes to typing.

attachment.php

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i had a pug once...i think he was totally enfp. :D

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My old cat (A Russian Blue) was definitely ESFP - playful, loved company, totally focussed on gratifying all of his sensory needs.

Of my current cats (also Russian Blues), Maks the boy cat is some type of EFJ (super-friendly, chatty, loves company, likes routine), while his sister, Kira is probably INFJ (loves to hide under things, curious and independent, very friendly).

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
My current cat is:

-demanding
-is very affectionate to me but only socially-acceptably friendly to others, or dismissive of others
-seems to be more of a feeler than a thinker, although I'm not certain of that
-is very talkative
-is easily startled
-is a tuxedo cat :D
-is more docile than aggressive, although she does communicate with her claws sometimes
-is a slave to routine (she meows at me and tugs on my leg if I don't go to bed on time!)
-is very clean
-has a long attention span/does not give up easily

That's all the traits I can think of for now. What type would she be?

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My current cat is:

-demanding
-is very affectionate to me but only socially-acceptably friendly to others, or dismissive of others
-seems to be more of a feeler than a thinker, although I'm not certain of that
-is very talkative
-is easily startled
-is a tuxedo cat :D
-is more docile than aggressive, although she does communicate with her claws sometimes
-is a slave to routine (she meows at me and tugs on my leg if I don't go to bed on time!)
-is very clean
-has a long attention span/does not give up easily

That's all the traits I can think of for now. What type would she be?

ESFJ -Due to the fact that she recognises a clear social hierarchy.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I have often mused about this with Hendo and we have come to the conclusion that our dog is an ESFD - Extraverted Sensing Feeling Dog.

If both perceiving and judging functions are the means through which one interacts with the world, Dodger uses neither because he interacts with the world as a dog!

(He displays dominant Se, auxiliary Fi and we don't know what his tertiary function is because, well, he's a puppy and we really can't get him to express himself in more detail)

wolfmaiden14

*ears perk up*
MBTI Type
Infx
My dog shelia was totally an ESTJ. She HAD to have her way, and was very protective of her things. She definitely let it be known she was in charge. She couldn't sit still and was always into something, yet she was still very outgoing and playful!

I think my cat was an ISFP. He was offbeat, and liked to hide in odd places. He definitely didn't like criticism. XD

LavaLucy

MBTI Type
infj
My 3 cats: ISFP, INTJ and ENFP. I haven't thought about this before what are you talking about. My mum (ISTP) has some trouble relating to ENFP Ridley but that's the way it goes I suppose.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think parakeets and parrots and cockatoos are all either infp or enfp.

I was watching this thing on animal planet about this parakeet and how, when left entirely alone and/or mistreated it will molt itself bald. And then it showed the parakeet later with a new owner who was kind and gentle and didn't mind the poor little bird's quirkyness and gave him time to be free (to fly about the house) and play with colorful beads and gave it affection and two other bird friends and it was completely happy and...feathered.

milti girl

MBTI Type
INFP
the beautiful cat in my avatar, milti, is an 11-year-old infj. over the years, she has shown, quite consistently, infj behaviour.

- she talks and talks, and even complains a whole lot, but only to the people she's close to (which is just our family).
- she just barely tolerates the attentions of less well-known people (if at all), and it takes months and months for my friends to get to know her.
- she adores my dad (he is her 'mommy') and can tell when his car is coming down the street from inside the house. when he's away for a few days, she goes into hiding.
- she loves to hide. she runs away to hide under beds, etc. when visitors come, and she loves to sit on some elevated area and watch the world below her.
- she is intensely curious about everything. she wants to know what we are eating, what we are reading, why we press the buttons of the phone, why we stare at the tv for so long, what's behind that bookshelf, etc.
- she has a silly game she loves to play. when the lights go off, she zooms out from under a bed and jumps at my ankles when she sees them walk past her. it's her little joke and it's NOT FUNNY. she ALWAYS does this when it's dark, and it's always MY ankles!!!
- she has a strong routine. every few months she has a new favourite perch and does not appreciate being chased away from it.
- she is the most fussy eater i have ever seen. she learnt all her eating habits from me, apparently, :doh: but eats a lot more junk food than i would ever dare to.
- she DEMANDS goodies from people. she will even dare to scratch a stranger if she thinks that person is eating something nice and not sharing it with her.
- she is very sweet out of the blue, however. she loves a soft lap and will sit on the soft lap of a person she knows is harmless, and purr happily for hours.
- she is very worried when things change - when we fall ill, leave home for a long time, etc. she will then stand worriedly outside the door for hours (if the person has left home) or go inside and do a thorough search of the room. if there is an ill person in the room, she crawls under the blanket to keep them company.
- she watches animal planet with great interest. she loves "lyndal's lifeline" - i think she finds lyndal's voice soothing.
- when someone riles her up, she will take out her anger on the person she can bully the easiest, which is usually either me or my dad.
- she does exactly what she likes, even if she has to do it on the sly. she has very strong opinions on most things and nothing will change her mind. for instance, she and my mother (also an infj) have a mutual dislike for each other, but no matter how much my mother tries to scare her away from the dining table, she will creep back onto it when no one is watching, and then stare defiantly at my mother.
... and so many more.
her daughter, micro, was totally opposite, a baby esfp!! the cutest little creature on the planet with one of the nicest temperaments! she tolerated anything from anyone, hardly bothered with grooming more than once a day, and was a little explorer, her travels taking her far from the comforts of home. she always came back to mommy for company though, until the day she ran away and died..

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm allergic to cats, they're all ESFJ in my book.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Have you ever started typing animals (whether consciously or not)?
I'm way ahead of all of you. :p If I had to type my cats... hmnn...

Spouling_01-1.jpg

Spouling (Female) = ISTJ
Favourite Activity: Grooming.
Weakness: LOVES to be petted by a selected few.
Demands: A clean place to pee.
Hates: New cats.

LittleBoy_01-1.jpg

Little Boy (Male) = ENFJ
Favourite Activity: Conversation.
Weakness: Feather balls.
Demands: Harmony.
Hates: Having his tail pulled.

Sophie_01-1.jpg

Sophie (Female) = INTX
Favourite Activity: Expressing her opinion.
Weakness: Conspiracy theories.
Demands: Respect.
Hates: The idea of being hurt.

Minster_01-1.jpg

Minnie (Female) = ESFP
Favourite Activity: OMG FOOD!!
Weakness: OMG FOOD!!
Demands: FOOD.
Hates: Being confined in small places.

Mystey_01-1.jpg

Mystery (Female) = ESTP
Favourite Activity: Playing. This cat is ADHD, I swear.
Weakness: Toys.
Demands: Something to do. (Or else she causes trouble.)
Hates: People forcing cuddles on her.

Yes, I admit it, I'm a crazy cat lady.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Aww what cute cats. :wubbie:

I'm crap at the whole typing thing, I can only say one of my cats is an E, one is an I, and the puppy is more E and F than I can handle at times lol.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I dislike people who have cats, I consider them as personal offenders, consciously sabotaging my health and wellbeing.