• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Animals & MBTI (A thread brought to you via 'an attempt to satiate boredom')

Oso Mocoso

MBTI Type
ISFJ
And dogs temperaments are vary quite substantially - according to breed, upbringing and...well, the individual mutt.

Oh yeah they do. My favorite dog ever was a rottweiler. He was definitely an SJ dog. He would patrol our home and sound the alarm if there were intruders on the property, or if anything out of the ordinary was going on. When taking him for a walk, I felt quite safe.

My current dog is a Labrador retriever. When taking him for a walk, I know that if anything frightens him (which is easy to do) he will hide behind me. He has a more pleasant disposition towards strangers than the rottweiler did. He's an outgoing SP.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
That's a lot of cats, Shaula!

We have two plus the little doggie in my last post.

I'm pretty sure Jasmine, who is small, orange and fat, is an ENFP. We have nicknamed her Rapey the Cat because if you ever make the mistake of petting her she crawls all over you and rubs her face against you. If you pet her and then stop, she is almost violent in her crazed pursuit of petting.

am_i_evil666

Before all you 'rationale' types come in and burst my bubble - yes, I'm aware that other animals (at least to our knowledge) do not have a complex enough psyche to have a Myers-Briggs personality type - however - have you ever caught yourself thinking 'wow, that squirrel is such an NF - look how it helps the other squirrels gather their nuts, but then goes to her nest seeming to need positive affirmation from her mate-squirrel'?

It all started with my gorgeous Siberian Husky - who is such a little ExFP.
If you know anything about Sibes you'll know they need constant attention ('pack' mentality), have boundless energy, are as playful as they come, friendly to a fault, super bright, fiercely independent (and resist all attempts at control - ever tried to train one? lol) but very loyal, distinctly loveable, easily offended but just as easily forgiving and the most ADD of all dog types. (You can be wrestling with a Sibe and have their undivided attention, someone's about to claim victory an....OH LOOK SOMETHING SHINEY)

Uhhh...anyway.
Have you ever started typing animals (whether consciously or not)?

If so, share your 'findings' - and let me know I'm not the only one who has become out of control with applying MBTI :shock:

****This is wholly a 'just for fun' kind of excercise - again, I'm not implying animals really have types that can be defined by MBTI ;)

HA HA!!! I just received a husky 2 weeks ago. :shock: He's a puppy, he learns really fast and forgets it as fast as he learns. Anyway, he's a total attention whore and pretty much goes to the person who gives him more attention, so I'd say some kind of E. I hardly believe that dogs can be P or J or S or N.....

am_i_evil666

Here's the little bugger whose insane ways started the thread.

(This is when he's just a puppy - I have been too lazy as of yet to take a recent photo. He's much bigger these days....and more wolf-like :) )

Check out them crazy eyes.

Omg, i have just noticed how alike our dogs are!!!
Here it's mine:
DSC04436.jpg

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have six cats (note: I suck at typing, but couldn't resist, also, I'm not as familiar with the Sensor types, and this may show)

One diva, named Princess (I know, I didn't come up with it) and I'd say she's an ENTJ..she's pretty much the leader of the pack (as much as cats accept a leader) and no one messes with her. It's her way..or the high way (which means you get a claw in your eye). Loves attention and is utterly devoted.

I have one male amongst my bunch of kittens and his name is Falcor. He's ENTP all the way. He loves nothing more than snoozing with his little girlfriend on my bed, which is his domain. When he's not snoozing, he's off pestering Arwen or worse, poking Princess while she's eating (needless to say, I have to medicate his eyes a lot from all the claws that land in it). Other than that he loves batting a ball around and demanding cuddles at the weirdest moments.

Then we have our Luna. Pitchblack, and eyes like the devil. She's independent, doesn't want anyone in her space, and occasionally gets into trouble with our fearless leader Princess because of this. She doesn't like backing down. For now though, she's happy to be second in command. She also opens closets which Prin then snoozes in. Occasionally, she finds it fun to annoy some other cats when they're in on the litter tray. I'd say she's prolly an INTJ.

Trinity is the balanced quiet one who provides a buffer between the others. She doesn't take crap however, although she has a lot of patience before she really gets pissed. And then you'd better be gone. I'm leaning towards an INFP or INFJ for her :)

That leaves the last two, my hopping bunch of fuzzballs (aka long-haired ones)

Arwen is easy going, fluffy, has that adorable rolling on the carpet (please scratch my belly and cuddle me!) thing going on, a real mommy's girl (she was handraised) and purrs in the cutest way. Also, when she hunts, she doesn't use her claws and only softly paws stuff. Utterly useless as a hunter. She gets along with everyone, but occasionally gets ambushed by them (especially Falcor) as she doesn't dare to do anything back. Nobody takes her grouches and hisses seriously. Bit of a wuss :) I'd say ENFP?

Faith
is...another deal all together. Scared of people (grew up in the wild), and joined to the hip with Falcor, very blunt when she wants something (I'm sorry, were you eating? I didn't see you there as I was racing towards the food), loves to take on her big male in armed combat (claws and furr flying everywhere), and is the only one who can wear him out when playing. However, stalks him everywhere and takes her cues as to whether or not something is potentially dangerous from him. Totally devoted. I'd have to go with...INTP :alttongue:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
beautiful am i evil!!!!! husky? right? beautiful...i want it!

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Huskies are lovely, I wanted one but way out of my price range at the moment, my puppy was a freebie lol

am_i_evil666

Yeah, they are lovely :D. I actually received the dog as a present....and I have to say that the first week was horrible!!!
But now we get along really well!!! Hopefully he'll become a nice, educated dog and won't chew up too much of my doors and furniture :smile:.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SInce we're posting piccies of our beloved pets; here is one of my two cats:

View attachment 3059

Kira is at the front, with Maks behind.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Is that the Lonely Mountain in the painting?

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is that the Lonely Mountain in the painting?

No, it's a painting of Mt Taranaki in New Zealand. However, it would be an excellent choice to represent Erebor in the upcoming Hobbit movie, as it stands alone on a vast plain in the south-west corner of the North Island. By coincidence, I flew over the region yesterday on the way back to Auckland. It was a clear, sunny day, so we had a spectacular view.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think my cat's either and ENTP or an INTJ...

ENTP because:
He's argumentative for the sake of it
He's emotionally manipulative at times
He mimics people

INTJ because:
He only loves me, and is passionately disinterested in everyone else.
He gets set on something and gets pissy if you mess with it. (though he's spontaneous at other times)
He looks at me like I'm nuts.
He humors/indulges me when he's feeling generous (and is obvious about it).

You could make a case for ENFP if you wanted to, because he's basically me in cat form... sarcastic, mimics people, moody, a picky eater, etc.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTJ- ant
ESTJ- gorilla
ESFJ- kangaroo
ISFJ- duck billed platapus