• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Candy Mountain

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've wondered before if the creators of this were inspired by George Orwell's Animal Farm when Moses the pet raven tells the animals about Sugarcandy Mountain in order to quell their rebellion.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Haven't taken time to read the whole thread so perhaps I'm out of context, but in the 30's, during the Depression, a song was written called "Big Rock Candy Mountain. It was a folk song expressing dreams of Utopia for the poor and jobless.

In a sense, perhaps, an "opiate of the masses?"

Big Rock Candy Mountain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haven't taken time to read the whole thread so perhaps I'm out of context, but in the 30's, during the Depression, a song was written called "Big Rock Candy Mountain. It was a folk song expressing dreams of Utopia for the poor and jobless.

In a sense, perhaps, an "opiate of the masses?"

Big Rock Candy Mountain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Perhaps the song inspired the author inspired the meme?

:smile:

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Going to watch it and see if I think there's social commentary there.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
No social commentary there. Something more applicable to us than that!

It's a cautionary tale about what happens to ISTJs when they hang out with twisted ENFPS. :D

Now I'm gonna go and shed a tender tear for Charlie. :cry:

jackandthebeast

MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
tert
I think that's giving the creators of Charlie the Unicorn too much credit. Candy Mountain is just a really appropriate name for a destination with undertones of mysticism and drug abuse.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think that's giving the creators of Charlie the Unicorn too much credit. Candy Mountain is just a really appropriate name for a destination with undertones of mysticism and drug abuse.

Yeah that's what I like about all art, the drug abusing part :D

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
LOL I love this cartoon. Looks like me and two ENFP's with A.D.D.! But I'm too sharp to fall for their shenanigans. ;)..........ok I confess... I'm not that sharp. But still!