• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] I'm an ENFP with a low EQ

G

Glycerine

hmmm...i wonder if that's true for me.

i feel like i'm pretty aware of how people feel. i may not know why though is that what you mean?

yeah. I think NFPs especially ENFPs are skilled at picking up people's emotions accurately but not always the best at figuring out why. I think the opposite is true for INFJ's. :D This is not to say that ENFP's and INFJ's can't be talented at both skills but each type is probably going to be more naturally attuned to one skill over the other.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
maaaybeee...:D

G

Glycerine

i think i do actually come up with a few reasons why...hmmm
you don't get a vibe from someone when they walk into the room? like a stressed person...or happy person?

can you tell when someone is lying to you?

haha yeah, i do get VERY strong vibes from people and can tell when they are lying. I was more hypothesizing and trying to figure out the difference between the NFPs and NFJs . I might be completely wrong! :D.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha yeah, i do get VERY strong vibes from people and can tell when they are lying. I was more hypothesizing and trying to figure out the difference between the NFPs and NFJs . I might be completely wrong! :D

oh yeah...that question was for nillherz. :)

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
*ahem*
INFP-FiNe
ENFP-NeFi

Details schmetails. We all have all 8 functions right? It's just the order that matters :p And Fe falls pretty low for both INFPs and ENFPs.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
right, do me a favor re read you first post in this thread. it implies that INFPs uses Fe as a primary function.

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
oh god someone said ENTP... I'm about to explode into "WHAT IF I'M AN ENTP GIIIIYS?" again...

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I have been told that I handle counselling people through problems like an NFJ. I am without a doubt an ENFP but my mother is an ENFJ who used to be a social worker! I figure I must have learned my NFJ line of questioning from her!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
oh god someone said ENTP... I'm about to explode into "WHAT IF I'M AN ENTP GIIIIYS?" again...

what if? no that isn't redudant I want to know from your perspective what if? I mean how much of your life would change? would your perspective change? would you think you'd deserve to be treated differently?

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
What if I am an ENTP? Not much changes because ENTPs are pretty cool too. I mean, ENFP is pretty swell, but then again I do ENTP stuff alot, I have a robot and stuff...

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I do think that ENFPs can be low on emotional intelligence esp when we are in our own world our enthused by something... we don't take note of whats going on around us... dunno just a theory!? But I don't think it is consistent I think usually we are very intuitive about people etc.

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Do both ENTP and ENFP types share the whole OMG EXCITED thing? Because I can get excited...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't know...and i don't know about other enfp's or entp's but i think i can shut off the emotions if i get hurt...like i'll suddenly turn cold and appear totally aloof about it...not one to cry usually if i get pissed off...i'll just say screw you, ya know?

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
I do that alot too, I never really get hurt in arguments and dramas.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...sad is different....although even then it's never a big display...and if i have to talk about it will be in a matter of fact sorta way...not some dramatic thing with tears...i just don't like to go there with people.

but pissed off...yeah...i'll just cut people off.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I think people keep forgetting that F can stand for "Fukcyou" too. Emotions can be "pure" or "pure evil".

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha...true. ;)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have/had a lower EQ myself, because part of the EQ-test is based on self-esteem, and I scored low on that. So check out which part of the EQ-test you didn't do well on and see if there's a reason for that (as for me my insecurity screwed up that test).

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
I dont have any real level of insecurity apart from "AM I ENFP OR ENTP?" I don't want to re-take it I think it was accurate.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hey...also...what's your enneagram? maybe that changes things a bit??