• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] A Question for Extroverts

eclare

MBTI Type
INFJ
I was just wondering if extroverts ever feel the need to get away from people to recharge their batteries the way that introverts do. Or is being around people really a source of energy.

Thoughts?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yes, I do. More as I get older. What were you like when you were young.

Is this about you? INFJ and ENFJ seem very different.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Everyone needs to get away sometimes.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
Yeah I do as well, may be its just that introverts do it more and for longer periods of time than extraverts.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think that its kinda comparable to an Introverts need to at least occasionally socialize. I doubt even they want to be alone constantly

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think balance is important...i don't recall the feeling of oh...i have to get away these people are wearing me out but...i like to be with people and engaged for a bit then go off and do something alone...i wouldn't want a constant companion to accompany all of my activities.

chatoyer

MBTI Type
eNfP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do feel that way--alone time is important. I really enjoy it when it's "happy alone time", I'm living inside a book or I'm pursuing an interest or something like that.

I don't like it when I'm "closing in on myself" because I'm unhappy, & my reaching out ability is impaired, I don't have energy for it, & I wish my really good friends would reach out to me, it seems odd to call them up or write them & say "woe is me!" So I guess that's the negative side of Fi.

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was just wondering if extroverts ever feel the need to get away from people to recharge their batteries the way that introverts do. Or is being around people really a source of energy.

Thoughts?

I generally like to be on my own and choose be around people when I need a charge.

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I think that its kinda comparable to an Introverts need to at least occasionally socialize. I doubt even they want to be alone constantly

It's true. If I'm alone for an long period of time or unable to socialize on a fairly regular basis then it starts to get to me. But the stress doesn't set in as quickly as if I was in a constant social setting with no time to myself.

I wonder if extroverts go through phases of their lives where they don't feel the need to be around others constantly. I typed my mother as an INFJ because shes perfectly fine being a hermit these days. Yet I swear she has way more Fe than any INFJ I've ever heard of. So I wonder if shes an introverted ENFJ.. :huh:

WieldingTheSword

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Definitely. My "E" has weakened over the years, and so I see it even more now. I may not need as MUCH time as an I, but if I do not get it, I become seriously distressed and do not function well at all.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
Hell yes.
Then again...it's entirely possible I might be a xNFP. Though I tested quite strongly as an 'E', I relate almost as much to the descriptions of 'INFP' as I do to 'ENFP'.
(Though most would instantly type me as an 'E' without hesitation) The 'I' is just the more hidden, screwed-up, private part of me.

Then again, aren't ENFP's the most inclined towards needing time 'alone to recharge' out of all the extroverted types...?

Hmm.

(First post. Be gentle ;)

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I have also heard that ENFPs are the most introverted of the extraverted types. People are a source of energy for me but I can only take it for so long. For example; I live in a house with six people, two cats and a dog, but I do spend most of my time in my room (albeit with at least one of the pets).