• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Will I ever stop morphing?

ArchAngel

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm an INFJ man well into adulthood, and my life has been one long transition. Multiple careers, multiple relationships, multiple interests ... don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed it tremendously ...

But I look around me and most other people seem much more settled. I'm not saying I'd rather be like them --- I love my life! --- but I do wonder, is it the destiny of the INFJ to be constantly in transition? Are we naturally more dynamic?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm an INFJ man well into adulthood, and my life has been one long transition. Multiple careers, multiple relationships, multiple interests ... don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed it tremendously ...

But I look around me and most other people seem much more settled. I'm not saying I'd rather be like them --- I love my life! --- but I do wonder, is it the destiny of the INFJ to be constantly in transition? Are we naturally more dynamic?

Either that or we end up with people who are.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Okay so, I can't say much about INFJs in special, but I thought you might like to hear that also other types have much changes to go thru. Also I think that mostly it just looks like others are more settled. At least this is what I experienced.
That said, I am curious to hear what other INFJs or maybe even other non INFJs might say to this.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Will you ever stop morphing... yes! On the day you die. Because then, you'll just be decaying not morphing. ;)

Jokes aside, I think everybody regardless of type are changing all the time. However the Ni idealization of "ever renewing transformation" might make it seem like we're changing a great deal more than other types.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Yeh, I like what Tiltyred said. It's moving toward what you are, though that changes and evolves too, hehe.

I think it's great that you keep learning and growing. I'm never going to stop. To learn nothing new and stay in the same place is like torture for me.

Last edited:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
If you are still morphing by the time you are 80 you're my hero.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
You are a Hericletean flux. You cannot step into the same river twice. There is no you. There is only the name we apply to a pattern of being, which appears to maintain some consistency over time. Everything that you are changes daily: cells die, tissues grow or change, hairs fall out and grow in. You are really more a process than a being.

Your mind is the same way. Everything you experience changes you. Every thought becomes a habit of thinking. We are not beings as much as we are becomings. This only changes when we die.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yea, but I don't believe that shit.

Not that spooky ooky nonsense.
The death of a bad habit or the transformation of a relationship
Redefining what principles you adhere to.
Death in its most graceful splendor.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To OP - the choice is up to you.
Stagnant waters are deep, but they also are riddled with the most bacteria
As such - you will never stop morphing, cuz you don't change.
if this is apart of your nature, then amen.

No need to make a big stink of it - go with the flow

dee

MBTI Type
Enfj
Enneagram
2+1
I'm an INFJ man well into adulthood, and my life has been one long transition. Multiple careers, multiple relationships, multiple interests ... don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed it tremeAndously ...

You got to sit down and make some choices, get a grip man!!

Start with where do you want to see yourself in the next 5 years and then make a plan towards it.

Break it up, into career, personal life, other and etc. and work you're way from there.

Look, you can still use you're amazing dynamic ability, in all these areas, make it work FOR YOU and not against you, yknow what I mean?

Good luck, and I hope I wasn't too harsh, that was not my intention. :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think we all tend to transition throughout life, some of us more overtly than others.

The Si-style people seem to "settle" in easier, and like to establish that security of "no change".... but I see it as a prison, the more that the world and circumstance changes and they're not willing to allow themselves to change with it.

Not everyone wants to self-actualize. Some just want security and to know where everything is and who everyone is and what everything is, and get anxious when they don't have answers and stability. It sounds like it's more important for you to figure out who you are and become that person.