• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do INFJs play with characters like INFPs do

deleted
If so, how do you go about doing it? Do you imagine real life people and go on about daydreaming? How often does this take place?

sade

Daydream of or create a person in ones mind or behave like another person, or did I understand this all wrong?

I have stories going on in my head all the time.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
In a virtual world (aka from a book) a bunch of characters went on an adventure and did X. Sometimes I placed myself into the plot... but it's not exactly "real life"... unless I'm rehearsing in head what I needed to do.

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
No, we INFJ's don't create characters like INFP's do, we aren't as fantastically methodical, as our rich inner life bounces around from idea to idea and back again, based on many preconceptions, building layers and layers of depth, from jumbled sources. INFP's can take something as small as a speck of dust (dr. seuss) and build a more and more grandiose scenario around it with their intuitive way of describing their finely tuned, natural introverted feelings. INFJ's I'd say think more in the ideal as the summation, and the INFP with the Ideal as the foundation. I'd even go so far as to say, INFP's are better writers, and INFJ's are better actors. An INFP - INFJ couple, especially in hollywood, could be a considerable force, as they are true complements.

Neo Genesis

MBTI Type
InFp
Enneagram
4w5
If so, how do you go about doing it? Do you imagine real life people and go on about daydreaming? How often does this take place?

I create storylines in my head if that's what you mean. Also, I normally use people irl, but sometimes there'll be crossovers with books I've read, movies I've seen, stories I've heard, etc. As to how often, all the time. Even if I'm talking to someone, I'll still be daydreaming.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I wish there was more information about how INFPs "play with characters," since I'm not even sure if I understand this thread correctly.

However, I agree with the above posts; I constantly have storylines and characters roaming through my mind everyday.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I play characters but I'm not sure if that's the same thing :D Would like to know more... seems interesting feature of my INFP friends.... I do dsomething that I think may be similar but not sure... How about u INFJs do you do it to... is it just confined to daydreams or do u act them out??

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always thought it was a mild form of multiple personality disorder:D
I dunno, characters just come alive in my head, but yes, quite often sparked by an idea.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes-a character for each occasion