• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs , What do you think of INTJs?

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
On the issue of control... the INTJs I know are not controlling... they do however, like to involved and feel a part of your life and as tiny said they really like to add their input to your plans etc. SOme ENFPs may find that controlling because they may assume that the reality check is just an attempt to stop us doing something... it usually is just the INTJ being helpful I find!

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
On the issue of control... the INTJs I know are not controlling... they do however, like to involved and feel a part of your life and as tiny said they really like to add their input to your plans etc. SOme ENFPs may find that controlling because they may assume that the reality check is just an attempt to stop us doing something... it usually is just the INTJ being helpful I find!

Bingo and as I said somewhat similarly in another thread, maturity stages between the two types is what ends up having either horns locking or being complimentary to each other.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
and just reading this sentence made me think happy thoughts.

I also realized something important too about the whole "control" thing: I tend to only do it in a situation that I feel is too "chaotic" or where I don't have enough understanding of all the variables. In those times, I need to exert my controlling ideas on someone and be able to see the reaction of that control to feel better about my own standing in a situation. Since I often feel like I need to do this, I prefer to do it with people that I know well and care about, and therefore can trust that they know what's going down. Thus it tends to be NFP friends that bear the burden of I suppose what I would call "backseat living" where I just want to check up on their lives (read: Plans) so that I know that they have THEIR shit together, because in this particular situation I don't have mine together, against my will.

In any case, FantailedWall, it could totally be that case with your dad, and in that regard it probably is less "I JUST WANT TO DOTE" than you think. He might be controlling for the sake of his own emotional stability/comfort!

Hmmm. I think you're half-right.
By which I mean I know he does it because he worries about me - sees the potential and freaks out that the free-spiritedness and flakiness of my nature is going to get in the way of my achieving, and thus (in his mind) my overall happiness.
I think a biiiig contributing factor to this mindset was his upbringing. See, my dad was raised in Europe on the run in World War 2 - as a Polish-Jew (the race, not the religion) and even post-that, his life was never what you could call easy. He had to learn to rely on himself from a young age and basically got by via his intellect, seeing school/university/achievement as his way to prove/improve himself/his life and such. He basically had to work his way up from nothing, and it's gotten him the full life he now has.

So, I've come to realize this as the main equation to what he attributes to happiness - intellect + knowledge + achievement = well rounded, stable, gainful life.

It's hard for me to explain how different I am and that (whilst I love learning, and do well at uni) my career achievements are not the be-all and end-all of my happiness - this is where the attempt to control on his behalf comes in, I think.
Thing is, we've never actually openly discussed this in these terms - we often argue because I try to explain this to him (that I understand why he is how he is but I'm not like that) but he's taking it all as excuses for...oh, various things - 'laziness/no will to succeed/putting socializing first' etc, etc.

Phew.
So, INTJ's - tell me this - are you all as stubborn/set in your ways/hard to get through to as my father - or was I right in attributing a large part of his attitude to his upbringing?

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Ooooh, FantailedWall, my dad is an ENTJ and he is far worse when it comes to NTJ scheming than any INTJ I know.

Obviously not being an INTJ I can't know for sure, but I reckon that INTJs only become stubborn and hard to get through to when they think that they know better from the very beginning (as your dad must feel all the time what with being your dad) . Both INTJs I know only really try to control my life or my ideas when they are just so sure that theirs is better. Do correct me if I'm wrong, INTJs!

I would really like to know why it is INTJs behave like that and what is the best way to communicate with them when the do?

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, INTJ's - tell me this - are you all as stubborn/set in your ways/hard to get through to as my father - or was I right in attributing a large part of his attitude to his upbringing?

I don't know many INTJ's, but I personally tend to be extremely stubborn - though I'm trying really hard to be open for new ideas, even if others don't even notice it. I simply realised I'm not perfect in every territory, and though I know a lot, it's practical to consider an intelligent, thoroughly thought-out advice more useful in some situations. If I can learn from the whole process, that's great - next time, I'll do it myself.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I love INTJs.

Their sarcasm rules.

Their total fucking disregard for authority, rules, and procedures at work is hilarious.

Then you mix that with the fact that they are way more efficient than everyone else in the office, so that the boss is willing to tolerate their extreme weirdness----

Man----I have to say, I sometimes wish I were an INTJ---they are seriously the most original, badass people around.

Of course, they hurt my feelings sometimes and don't often give me the feedback I crave----

Like, if I ask an INTJ a question about something work-related, I make DAMN sure present it CLEARLY and LOGICALLY, without a HINT of "Fi" in it----

Sometimes they are intimidating, but of all the types, it seems they are most willing to accept me as an individual and respect my autonomy.

That's HUGE in my book.

I only wish I could tell whether they like me or hate me.

It seems like a little of both. :huh:

Anyway----Rock on, you crazy, awesome INTJs ---You are my heroes! :cheers:

ScareBear

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have both INTJ parents. My dad can be a bit more argumentative and my mom has that quick wit. I love them both to death but for an ENFP that needs that deep connection and warm fuzzies it just isn't there. I also have a friend that's an INTJ and she is a delight. She has her moments of warm fuzzies but still the deep connection is lacking. Like it's ok to hang out, talk, and come up with crazy ideas but they're just out of arm's length, very distant when I need them most.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I have both INTJ parents. My dad can be a bit more argumentative and my mom has that quick wit. I love them both to death but for an ENFP that needs that deep connection and warm fuzzies it just isn't there. I also have a friend that's an INTJ and she is a delight. She has her moments of warm fuzzies but still the deep connection is lacking. Like it's ok to hang out, talk, and come up with crazy ideas but they're just out of arm's length, very distant when I need them most.

Do you ever tell them you need them? Seriously, it's not easy for us to "see" that, though it looks obvious to an ENFP. Plus you guys worry about a lot of shit that does not matter. I say that in the best way possible and I say it to my to ENFP friends.

ScareBear

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you ever tell them you need them? Seriously, it's not easy for us to "see" that, though it looks obvious to an ENFP.

At this point in my life it would just feel too awkward, too.... forced? My brother is an INTP and we just don't hug. If he did hug me it would because someone told us to hug and there again it would feel forced and awkward. My whole immediate family are not much into sharing feelings so I've just learned to accept it.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't let many people hug me, but my ENFP best friend knows she always has permission.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i like INTJs. we often get along well and see eye to eye on a lot of things. heavy Te can be a bore to me sometimes though.

i love how they're usually a warm glowing center inside a cold exterior. it's endearing. good banter with INTJs usually. but sometimes they start going on about things that i don't care at all about. often we have VERY different sets of interests, and i've gotten the vibe from more than one INTJ that they think the thing they're interested in is objectively better than the thing i'm interested in.

but they really are great listeners for the most part. great at keeping a cool head and giving practical advice when i'm losing my head over something.

i'm for 'em.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
but they really are great listeners for the most part.
That's because we can't get a word in edgewise. ;)

Just kidding. Sort of. Sometimes I can't figure out why my extremely ENFP mother enjoys talking to me, because I don't actually get to say anything.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They're A-OK. As Ns we can find interesting things to bounce off of each other, Ne and Ni complement each other nicely, expansion and contraction. I find that some expression of Se feel a bit shallow, liking the shiny things.

From my experiences, their I always tend to feel like interacting with them is a type of unspoken negotiation on some level. It's the Te, they silently assert and I tend to be hyper-aware of such unseen forces, it can turn into a battle.

My hobby is reading people's intentions, in my experience, they don't like that much. :D

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They don't let me get near them.
That pesky introvert bubble gets in the way sometimes.
bubble.jpg

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
At this point in my life it would just feel too awkward, too.... forced? My brother is an INTP and we just don't hug. If he did hug me it would because someone told us to hug and there again it would feel forced and awkward. My whole immediate family are not much into sharing feelings so I've just learned to accept it.

Oh shit, you wanted a hug? I didn't read that in your post. I didn't know that at all. How was I suppose to know??

See what I'm saying? If you really needed a hug, you have to tell us. Or stand there like this....

Can+i+have+a+hug+_.jpg

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I don't let many people hug me, but my ENFP best friend knows she always has permission.

My ENFP friends just do it to get the reaction, usually at the most inopportune times. Like when I'm making dinner...

Here lemme huuugggg yoooouuuuu!!!
STAPH! You are smushing my face!
You're so cute!
Seriously, stop or I'm going to vegetable peeler you to death.
:(
:D

ScareBear

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
See what I'm saying? If you really needed a hug, you have to tell us.

I understand that, I do, and my mom and I hug on occasion, however, because of that feeling of keeping things at arm's length (both physically and emotionally for basically all 30 years of my life) for me it feels awkward and I don't want it to feel forced. I guess that's on my part but I will say it's awesome when I need to bounce ideas around. My mom and I are always generating some interesting ideas.

I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea that I'm emotionally scarred by INTJs, everyone has their flaws, even me, but they can be a delight when both Ne and Ni get together.