• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs: Are you good at keeping in touch with people?

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read that keeping in touch with people is part of Fe. However, this is not one of my strengths. For example, I don't keep in touch with people from former jobs. I'm just curious how this compares to most INFJs.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you good at keeping in touch with people?

No. And I get berated for it all the time. Sometimes I'm just too busy, lazy, forgetful, fill in the blank. And sometimes it's on purpose.

G

Glycerine

not really. I try to look forward not back. Unless there is a strong connection with someone, I leave my past behind me. This may be due to the fact that we are future-oriented.

S

Sniffles

No can't say that I am. I'm often too preoccupied with other affairs to either bother or even remember. *sigh*

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not particularly.

IDK said:
Unless there is a strong connection with someone, I leave my past behind me.

In general true for me - with those I've become friends with, I stay in touch, although communication may be infrequent. With former coworkers/classmates/acquaintances, I guess I just don't see much point in maintaining contact. *shrug*

Lightyear

Once I consider someone a good friend I am very good at keeping in touch with them, even if they live in a different country or I don't see them for several years. Of course there needs to be some kind of at least irregular response from the other person for me to keep staying in touch.

With people that are mere acquaintances I may add them on Facebook to keep a very thin connection, one never knows if one might need the advice or help of a specific person one used to know. I also tend to respond very quickly at least with a short email if one of these people contacts me, I would find it very rude just to ignore them.

A lot of coworkers, classmates etc I don't stay in contact with unless perhaps they want to add me on Facebook. I tend to leave the past behind me without really looking back, unless there was some real connection between me and a person or I feel it might be helpful to have you as a contact I don't see much of a point in staying in touch.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Epic. Fail.

Unless I really, really want to, which doesn't happen often.

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
I try. Facebook helps. Of course it comes naturally when the person in question is/was a close friend.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
The people that are my friends and in my life, yes, acquintances, no

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Are you good at keeping in touch with people?

No. And I get berated for it all the time. Sometimes I'm just too busy, lazy, forgetful, fill in the blank. And sometimes it's on purpose.

Ditto this. I am terrible at keeping in touch. :blush: I keep telling myself that I'll be sorry one day, so that usually gets me on the phone.

I hate the phone.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't keep in touch. I have a hard enough time keeping up with the people I'm currently friends with to try to keep in touch with people from the past or who've moved away.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
this has to be the oddest "unanimous" vote i have EVER seen about a certain type doing ________....

do people get pissed at you guys? like do you ever just "forget" about messages/calls etc until you see these people? Not that everyone *has* to have an excuse, but im sure a lot of you have come up with some crazy excuses/fail proof excuses (share them! :D)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
not really. I try to look forward not back. Unless there is a strong connection with someone, I leave my past behind me. This may be due to the fact that we are future-oriented.

Yep
Lauren Ashely - shut up k thanks;)

V

violaine

Score another for no. It doesn't reflect my regard for someone. I think of many people fondly, I just don't really keep in touch.

this has to be the oddest "unanimous" vote i have EVER seen about a certain type doing ________....

do people get pissed at you guys? like do you ever just "forget" about messages/calls etc until you see these people? Not that everyone *has* to have an excuse, but im sure a lot of you have come up with some crazy excuses/fail proof excuses (share them! :D)

No one ever really gets upset with me over it. I do return phone calls. But I don't encourage long social phone calls. I guess people pick up on that. The only person I find it effortless to keep in touch with is the person I'm dating.

Shaggy

MBTI Type
INfJ
I had people get pissed at me for not returning phone calls. "It hurts me when you can't seem to find time to hang out anymore". When there are changes in my life, it's hard for me to keep in touch with people I don't see on a daily basis. I'm living with ESFJ SO and we just had a baby a month ago. My time is spent with them, not on the phone.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
:doh: I'm awful about keeping contact with people sometimes. Living in a different state than most of my family and friends sort of takes its toll. Kind of, if I'm not reminded constantly that they exist, I get so caught up in my own business that it might be months before I think to make a phone call or send an e-mail.

It's not that I don't want to keep in touch, but if emails or contact isn't consistently kept up (as in, if I'm not messaged immediately or fairly soon...) I'll forget to keep the flow going.

I'm trying to break that habit now...facebook is helping with that, but after recent family events, we're all trying harder to make sure we don't lose touch again.

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I wish I was good at staying in touch with people. Either I fall off other people's radar or they fall off mine. There's usually no ill intent involved.

Do any other INFJs have problems initiating contact with someone they once knew out of the blue? I've thought of doing this, but I'd be at a loss for words if they wanted to know *why* I contacted them. Old time's sake, I guess? :huh:

NinjaMonkey

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w9?
Rarely

I don't keep in touch with people well either. It's not out of a lack of thought though. Even people I'm close with have a hard time getting a call or email out of me. I'm always too distracted with other things.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
infj are stalkers in their own independant way.