• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] 2w1 INFP

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have always felt out of place... Even in the presence of other INFPs. I think maybe this is because I am a 2w1 and the most common you see is 4w5. I feel out of place because I am a more commanding person than most NFs, I am dominating (like things under my control), and I even communicate like NTs but with empathy and sympathy behind it. Maybe you could say blunt in a nice way?

Is this a rare enneagram combination for an INFP? I have read that it is a possible one for ENTPs.

Discuss please. :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What makes you say that? I went through the whole INFJ vs INFP delimma like most other INFs. I am fairly certain I am a P type... But some help from an outside source would be cool.

EDIT: I have scored INFP every time I have taken the MBTI... However I'm sure you remember me getting INFX on your own little personality quiz. It's an interesting topic.

Last edited:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFPs don't help people, they wonder why everything's so fucked up. :)

I wonder that all the time... Everything really is fucked up lol. I feel like I don't belong in this universe or time frame.

Perhaps my urge to help comes from the lament I have toward stupid things that affect people negatively, and that comes from the fact that everything is fucked up.

We could just say I'm "weird" or "unique." Not everyone is what their type says they are, but they function by what the type's functions are.

Fi= inward feeling. A set of morals and values. I think my need to help comes from having been picked on as a kid a lot, and seeing my friends getting the same treatment.

To be more specific I want to help people that I'm close to with their problems.

Another thing to note is that I have my cognitive functions in my signature. Fe, Fi, Ne, and Ni were all tied basically, with Ni like 2 points behind the others. Then comes Te about 4 points below that.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Fi= inward feeling. A set of morals and values. I think my need to help comes from having been picked on as a kid a lot, and seeing my friends getting the same treatment.

Another thing to note is that I have my cognitive functions in my signature. Fe, Fi, Ne, and Ni were all tied basically, with Ni like 2 points behind the others. Then comes Te about 4 points below that.
I firmly believe, with all my heart and soul, that Fi is more appropriately applied to the INFJ than the INFP, and additionally that the cognitive processes test does nothing to explain which Jungian functions you use. It's basically an odd MBTI test.

That said, I don't think people (who aren't psychology genuises) should invest any mental effort into studying the functions, ever. The world would be a better place without them.