• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFs and ethics

Lotr246

While each NF is interested in ethics, which type do you believe is the most interested in learning about ethics?

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
INFP? ENFJ? INFJ? :eek: I don't know if it's a type thing, or more of an individual thing.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Learning about ethics? No clue. Most interested in adhering to ethics? I would say INFJ.

Btw, I think ethical and logical as used in socionics are better names for the 'feeling' and 'thinking' dichotomy used in MBTI.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Learning about ethics. Not me, really. I create my own system (obviously it's partly a byproduct of my education).

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
INFP? ENFJ? INFJ? :eek: I don't know if it's a type thing, or more of an individual thing.

You three learn them, we're born with them? ;).

But yeh, I'd go with INFJ from people I know. Like Sytpg, my drive toward studying ethics or learning them from courses or books is pretty low. They just develop and refine as part of real world experience or as I get new insights on activities and their consequences. Doesn't mean I'm not interested in social philosophy and business philosophy though. I found studying business models and ethics quite interesting (though I guess that isn't the ethics we were discussing).

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
i had an ethics class last year, and i really liked it! learning about all the different systems helped me to better understand how others look at the world, and helped me catagorize how I look at the world, myself

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Seeing as how ethicists are concerned not with behaving ethically, but rather with what amount to intellectual problems, I find it hard to think that an NF would be any more concerned with this endeavor than other types.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I think in terms of saying who would be most interested among NFs in studying Ethics in Philosophy at school, it would be INFP? I was gonna, but it didn't fit into my sched.

Peter

MBTI Type
INTJ
NF's focused on Ethics? I think they are, but it's a different kind of ethic than NT's have. NF ethics are based on feelings, so it's ok to break a rule here and there if that makes the other(s) feel better.

To NT's that's the most unethical thing to do. Ethics and Logic go hand in hand I think. But with NT's the level of ethics is mostly based on how important fairness is I guess, but it's always logically supported.

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
I though F ethics are based on what feels right rather than logical consistency.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I though F ethics are based on what feels right rather than logical consistency.

My ethics are based on norms of behavior that I see as necessary in order to maintain the most productive environment. Weird, I know.