• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Maybe a little out there...somewhere

jeeze

MBTI Type
infp
So due to my feeling of being different, I researched a bit on the topic of being an INFP. After reading much I feel that what's going on seems to go deeper than typology. Does anyone here relate with emphaticness (if there's such a word), hypersensitivity, or the poisoned jewel of words, "giftedness." I really hate the latter word. I am trying to come to terms with my place if the mix of it all. I feel too much of other people, I think... I feel... Whatever. I seem to posses an odd luck. My empathy seems to be far reaching in terms of relating to nature, animals, and physical relations with people-nonsexual or sexual. Also, when talking with friends, coworkers, or what have you, I tend to actually pick up on their feelings. I mean it actually wears me down and I feel that I get confused between what I feeling and what is affecting me outside of myself. I can't tell if I'm just neurotic--and I use this word by definition.

Anyone...???

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
So due to my feeling of being different, I researched a bit on the topic of being an INFP. After reading much I feel that what's going on seems to go deeper than typology. Does anyone here relate with emphaticness (if there's such a word), hypersensitivity, or the poisoned jewel of words, "giftedness." I really hate the latter word. I am trying to come to terms with my place if the mix of it all. I feel too much of other people, I think... I feel... Whatever. I seem to posses an odd luck. My empathy seems to be far reaching in terms of relating to nature, animals, and physical relations with people-nonsexual or sexual. Also, when talking with friends, coworkers, or what have you, I tend to actually pick up on their feelings. I mean it actually wears me down and I feel that I get confused between what I feeling and what is affecting me outside of myself. I can't tell if I'm just neurotic--and I use this word by definition.

Anyone...???

Hands down, exactly me. Especially when you talked about feeling in other's steads, "I tend to actually pick up on their feelings." That is completely me..whenever someone is in a state or mood of emotion, it rubs off on me, and can actually make me feel that way..It's the worst feeling ever, when someone is depressed, and it rubs off on you.

I feel totally out of place in this world..strained..as if I am not really here. It's somewhat comforting to see I'm not the only one. I guess our only paths in life are to love..and that's it. I've known it for a long time. Best we get working on that..only a handful of years left until the real adventure begins!

:D

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
And to your signature- I couldn't agree with you more.

jeeze

MBTI Type
infp
It's a bit strange, comforting and not, that lately some of my more than subtle anxieties about feeling too much are now being masked by this strange feeling of airiness. It's kind of like instead of feeling too much, I am now having this slight out of body feeling. I don't mean this in terms of some stupid show on t.v., but I am not able to ground myself properly while around other people. It may be some kind of defense response I'm falling into, and arguably not so healthy. Whose to say?

I appreciate your response. Thanks.

jeeze

MBTI Type
infp
Oh. Is that the guy from the Talking Heads for your picture? Billy whathisname who died in a plane crash perhaps?

antireconciler

it's a nuclear device
MBTI Type
Intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so
Also, when talking with friends, coworkers, or what have you, I tend to actually pick up on their feelings. I mean it actually wears me down and I feel that I get confused between what I feeling and what is affecting me outside of myself.

You sound like a healer. Hone that ability!

In a sense, what you feel always becomes yours in part, but your ability to absorb what you feel sympathetically while yet retaining your vision of yourself beyond those affective feelings is the basis of your ability to heal, because it is standing proof against the otherwise enthralling power of impermanence. Should you lose sight of yourself, and fall into reactivity and loss of agency, then those feelings have overwhelmed you, like a ship not built sturdy enough before the rocking waves of the open ocean. Then, those feelings truly are yours, and you are the one sinking in them. Or perhaps it like an exorcist who himself becomes possessed. In any case, practice that gift of yours, which is vision.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Sounds familiar. My life has been so eclectic that the initial reaction to my life's story by some types is disbelief.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Ha, I may be moving to Boulder, Co soon. Anyway, round and round we go like always. "It's life and life only"--It's alright ma, I'm only bleeding. YouTube - Bob Dylan - It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)

Anja-- elaborate. I may be able to relate with that, but I do have a strong tendency underplay my own experience too.

Elaborate? In front of all these judgers? Heh.

I self-disclose quite a bit in my posts.