• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFs, are you too serious?

So?

• Total voters

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've been meeting a bunch of NFs who I've thought to be pretty serious. On the other hand, I can be pretty unserious at times, so I'm wondering if you consider yourself more serious than average. I'll whip up a neat little poll so everyone can play.

heart

heart on fire
I consider myself more serious than other people but I don't think I am "too serious" I think other people are on a lifetime cake walk of mindless moronic delusion. ;)

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
NOPE I live with my tongue in my cheek.. in fact I think it has created a small grove (seriously!)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Let's put it this way, I'm always thinking about funny remarks and humour in general (all the time), but I tend to put up this façade. When I'm serious it's usually to provoke a reaction. But I do that quite often.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I can be sometimes, and I can tell that most people get put off or scared about it when I'm being 'too' serious. In comparison to NTs though, I don't know.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just because I placed a voodoo chicken curse on your family does NOT mean that I have no sense of humor, Edahn. I mean, really. Didn't we *all* laugh and laugh when the chicken's head went flying across the flaming pentagram and landed in your dad's shirt pocket? hahaha! Good times! And when all the water in your house turned to spleen and snakes crawled out? LOL Gosh! Those were some laughs, weren't they? You laughed so hard you cried! Tears were streaming down your face! And when I got you a Kleenex, you told me to stay away from you because you didn't want the hilarity to end.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Voted less serious, but I think it is more complex. I can be very serious, but there aren't too many things I am serious about.

heart

heart on fire
Nice, thanks for that ultra-serious reply, heart. :)

I'm not friendly offline with enough NT to make a judgement about how serious I am in comparison to them, so I can't answer your poll. :cry:

I am more serious than the ST and SF I know, but my NF husband is more serious than I am.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ah shit, I should have controlled for gender. oh well...

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm not friendly offline with enough NT to make a judgement about how serious I am in comparison to them, so I can't answer your poll. :cry:

I am more serious than the ST and SF I know, but my NF husband is more serious than I am.

Fair enough. But you're more serious than the average person you know, correct?

heart

heart on fire
Fair enough. But you're more serious than the average person you know, correct?

My friends nicknamed me "Jane Eyre" in high school. (Not that they actuall read the book, they saw snippets of the Orson Wells movie in high school)

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I assume Jane was a serious character, otherwise that would make no sense.

T

ThatGirl

I think this thread is offensive to all NF's and should be prompty deleted from the forums. The backlash of such a thread can cause drastic consequences that should be thoroughly noted.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I tend to like living a moronic cake walk life, but I do realize sometimes life does need seriousness. I just figure day to day interactions don't need to be that serious. I rather enjoy life worry about stupid things that ultimately don't matter.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I'm much more serious than most, but I wouldn't say any more serious than some of the INT's I know.

(I probably should have voted differently, but oh well)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I think I witness the same thing, Edahn. I think in the end it seems to all balance out.. They're serious when I'm not, and often the roles are reversed and I'm more serious than the rest. No difference in the end of it all.

This is also a bit bias, as I don't believe the quantity of silly behavior contributes to the quantity of serious behavior.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Shirley you can't be serious

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think I swing both ways: I can be very serious when necessary, and can be more playful on some occasions. (not intended in any gross way).