• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFs, are you too serious?

So?

• Total voters

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When you're naturally inclined to be aware of peoples' emotions, it can make you very serious. I'm sure a less emotionally aware type can make jokes all day long because they aren't as immediately affected by the atmosphere.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When you're naturally inclined to be aware of peoples' emotions, it can make you very serious. I'm sure a less emotionally aware type can make jokes all day long because they aren't as immediately affected by the atmosphere.

Mmm...hadn't thought of it that way yet, but you might be right :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know quite a few NFs and I'd say that they are equally serious and not serious to me... the focus is just on different things.

For instance, if my NF sister thinks that anyone within 8 miles of her is demeaning her or somebody she cares about she's all up in SMITE THEM! mode, though she's less serious about discussing politics or statistical manipilations than I am :)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[YOUTUBE="LrllCZw8jiM"]NFs, the F stands for Francis[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI Type
ENTP
The only thing more serious than an NF is a raspberry jam covered baby in a grizzy bear's den, um, a ...encyclopedia.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ are you serious booya?? have you known an enfp?

MBTI Type
ENTP
NFs are more serious than NTs because there are fewer things that the latter can joke about before the former starts to cry.

And yes, my brother is an ENFP.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
substitute 'cry' for 'roll eyes at' and you can say the same vice versa ;)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i consider us the jokey jokey sort though...but i don't know if i know any nt's irl...so.i honestly have no clue...just wondered. :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you guys just want to win at everything though * has tantrum* when's it MY turn!!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
you guys just want to win at everything though * has tantrum* when's it MY turn!!

Aww, poor thing. See what you did now???
E.a. we can always smother her in emotions..see how long it takes her to break down and cry ;)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
for real...they get to be cockiest, wittiest, funniest and NOW the least serious!! NO FAIR!!

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NTs never strike me as serious about anything but arguing. But there's no real passion behind the arguments. It's just ... kind of ... wanking. It's hard to take seriously, anyway.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Hm. I'm aware of people's emotions, but it doesn't stop me from poking fun at their foibles.

Erudur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Shirley you can't be serious

I am. And don't call me Shirley.

I find Ps can be more playful than I am, and perhaps enjoy slapstick more than I do. I have to be in a rare mood to enjoy physical comedy, but I love witty or abstract comedy.

Sometimes I make connections that I find funny but the connections are so far removed, nobody else has any idea what I am talking about. There have been times where I made a joke that bewildered the group I was in and a full minute later one of the better Ns in the group burst out laughing when he got it.

Erudur

MBTI Type
INTJ
for real...they get to be cockiest, wittiest, funniest and NOW the least serious!! NO FAIR!!

Aww, Erin. I was just saying to my INFP friend that ENFPs seem to have the best of all worlds. You guys relate well to Ss, you relate well to Ns, you win Prom Queen, you're everybody's bff.

One of the funniest people I know is an ENFP. My INFP brother can be much sillier than me. But I think I can be more witty than him.