• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFs, are you too serious?

So?

• Total voters

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm reminded of something about Enneagram 4s. One book wrote everything as if it were said by the type in question (that kind of annoys me) and one of the 4's comments was: "Don't tell me I'm too sensitive or that I'm overreacting!". The exclamation point is there for irony.

It seems to apply to a lot of NFs. Don't tell them that NFs are too serious, or they'll take the response very seriously.

You might have a point, but again, it's a matter of different interests. I've known NT's getting equally serious and sensitive when you don't take them seriously on the topics they find important. The fact that you guys get 'annoyed' and we get 'emo' is the only diff, I'd say

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm reminded of something about Enneagram 4s. One book wrote everything as if it were said by the type in question (that kind of annoys me) and one of the 4's comments was: "Don't tell me I'm too sensitive or that I'm overreacting!". The exclamation point is there for irony.

It seems to apply to a lot of NFs. Don't tell them that NFs are too serious, or they'll take the response very seriously.

i know! haha...i thought the same thing! just like i'm sensitive about being called sensitive... :D

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You might have a point, but again, it's a matter of different interests. I've known NT's getting equally serious and sensitive when you don't take them seriously on the topics they find important. The fact that you guys get 'annoyed' and we get 'emo' is the only diff, I'd say

That's true. As humans we're all made up of the same stuff, it's more like we have a different layout for that stuff. You can still find all the same parts, if you know the way.

Atomic Fiend

inb4 - 1 definition - Used on internet forums to signal that you are In (in) a topic Before (b4) an overused saying or trend is mentioned.

Neo Genesis

MBTI Type
InFp
Enneagram
4w5
Serious about what? Academia-no, spirituality/morality/etc.-yes, life in general-no significant difference.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I think I am less serious than the thinkers I know, obviously I have some serious serious moments, but most of the time I am goofing around, hardly taking anything seriously.

Poeple will be like "why can't you take this seriously" and I hate that, why do they have to go and spoil the mood like that? :cool:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I am less serious than the thinkers I know, obviously I have some serious serious moments, but most of the time I am goofing around, hardly taking anything seriously.

Poeple will be like "why can't you take this seriously" and I hate that, why do they have to go and spoil the mood like that? :cool:

I am just the opposite. I take things very seriously, and it annoys me when people goof off.

sade

Normally people think I'm more serious, but then they get to know me.
It's just that normally I don't care enough to get serious, I'd just get stressed and still couldn't do a shit about stuff. At work, school, family etc.
Now life on the other hand and emotions, that's serious business.

step0nmi

MBTI Type
ExFx
I can't really compare myself to other personality types since I just started learning...but I would say that I have a sense of humor, but I can be serious at times. Actually, when there is a time to be serious I am probably the opposite. Don't know why that is yet. I don't think I was any help :p

Hap

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
ENFJ
I think i am too serious , so i planned a lot , but this only happens when i think it is important. otherwise, i played a lot. i guess.
BUt totally speaking ,i think ENFJs like people being serious.

dee

MBTI Type
Enfj
Enneagram
2+1
I think it really depends on the person, where they are in life, etc.
I know that for me, personally, that I am pretty serious, but not like morbid serious, more like responsible serious.
I can be very outgoing though too, and funny, and I like having fun...
but I am a; first work then play type person. :)
But when I do get a chance to "play", I make sure to get the most out of it....;)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
As others have said and I've also written, EPs are the most flex of types (or at least 2 letter combinations). I adapt to the person, the crowd, the conversation.

I'd say on average I'm more lighthearted and upbeat than the mean average of NTs that I know. Though I think ENTPs are more likely to be unserious than even ENFPs.

I wonder what you mean by 'serious', though I'm sure I could find that in the 8 pages here somewhere...

I'd guess that INFX could seem 'serious' because they are actually being shy and/or respectful or thoughtful. ENFX might be matching your mood or the setting and being context appropriate.

It might be that Fi has gotten us in its grips and we're having a moment when you catch us.

Maybe it's more a E vs I and J vs P thing than it is NF?

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I think I appear more serious than anything else. Out of all of the NT's I've known they have all called me on my "seriousness". Sometimes I just like to get stuff done so I don't have to worry about it later. And they didn't get that, they just wanted me to loosen up...