• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFs, are you too serious?

So?

• Total voters

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh...i know what you mean Shirley...i like that kind of abstract humor too and not so much the slap stick...the things i think are funny are pretty random...and i'm often laughing all by myself about things...and then NOT laughing when someone tells a "proper" joke...haha

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aww, Erin. I was just saying to my INFP friend that ENFPs seem to have the best of all worlds. You guys relate well to Ss, you relate well to Ns, you win Prom Queen, you're everybody's bff.

One of the funniest people I know is an ENFP. My INFP brother can be much sillier than me. But I think I can be more witty than him.

aww...that was SWEET :D

i was just kidding though....i like to play cocky and funny...might try to pull off the occasional witty but you guys totally win at that... but...i get to be the silly prom queen! yay me!! and i WAS too!! every damn year!! haha how embarrassing is that!!??

EDIT: oh! said that wrong...wasn't prom queen...it was something else.

Erudur

MBTI Type
INTJ
aww...that was SWEET :D

i was just kidding though....i like to play cocky and funny...might try to pull off the occasional witty but you guys totally win at that... but...i get to be the silly prom queen! yay me!! and i WAS too!! every damn year!! haha how embarrassing is that!!??

You know, its not like I wasn't playing the odds with that, but I think I kind of intuited that to be the case with you.

Good to see my psychic powers coming along nicely. You probably have a large number of friends that think you are their best friend too, don't you.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I'm too serious, it can be a problem in social situations.

V

violaine

I can be both serious and not at all serious. I am often accused of being the latter when others want to argue. But I am always serious about people's hurt feelings. And my own of course, lol (though I try not to be....) Just insult the feelings of an NF who says they aren't serious and stand back and watch :).

I like a sharp sense of humor though. I don't enjoy non-stop silly - feels insubstantial and is completely annoying after a time.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I know a couple of NFs, and I'm definitely less serious than they are. One of them is, I believe, an INFJ, and she just really can't help but take everything so seriously, even jokes and witticisms. I often have to censure myself around her because I'm afraid I'll say something offensive.

An interesting thing I find is that when I'm just with her, I find myself feeling more serious...like her seriousness puts a damper on any humor in the immediate area. She always wants to talk about serious things, seriously. It's often no fun, since I like to make fun of people and she absolutely won't join me in that endeavor.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
I'm the most serious person I know, but that's under the surface.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I like that the SPs voted too :). Gave me a laugh.

Breakdown so far
--------------------
More serious NFs: 5 INFJs, 3 INFPs, 1 ENFJ
Less serious NFs: 5 ENFPs, 5 INFPs
Same serious NFs: 3 ENFPs, 3 INFJs, 1 INFP
More serious NTs: None
Less serious NTs: 3 INTPs, 1 INTJ
Same serious NTs: 3 INTPs, 2 INTJs, 1 ENTP
SPs who like playing video games: 1 ISTP, 1 ISFP, 1 ESFP

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
While I'm very serious about selected issues, many of which I seem to write about on this forum to the point of drama queenism, irl I'm known for my sense of humor amd wit. Really. It's true.:D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know, its not like I wasn't playing the odds with that, but I think I kind of intuited that to be the case with you.

Good to see my psychic powers coming along nicely. You probably have a large number of friends that think you are their best friend too, don't you.

hmm...that seems like a strange thing to say...idk...my friends and i feel the same way about each other and i have quite a few that i'm really close with. :)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sorry, I couldn't even answer the poll seriously :blush:

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm very serious and always have been. The INFJs I know are also deathly serious and we're all moreso than the NTs I know, except the INTJs. But I can joke sometimes, and I don't take others' jokes seriously.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah maybe it's a j/p thing more likely then. maybe that 's the deal with p's we just don't take anything as seriously...maybe we think it's all ridiculous....maybe??

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mmm, dunno, I think it's more depending on which topic we're talking. If you touch a sensitive nerve, I know a lot of P's who are perfectly capable of being deadly serious

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've been told many times that I am quite serious, like, "Hey, Nicole, why are you so serious?!?!" But, seriously, I find these to be silly accusations.

I am passionate and concerned, and if that makes me serious, oh well...

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm reminded of something about Enneagram 4s. One book wrote everything as if it were said by the type in question (that kind of annoys me) and one of the 4's comments was: "Don't tell me I'm too sensitive or that I'm overreacting!". The exclamation point is there for irony.

It seems to apply to a lot of NFs. Don't tell them that NFs are too serious, or they'll take the response very seriously.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm reminded of something about Enneagram 4s. One book wrote everything as if it were said by the type in question (that kind of annoys me) and one of the 4's comments was: "Don't tell me I'm too sensitive or that I'm overreacting!". The exclamation point is there for irony.

It seems to apply to a lot of NFs. Don't tell them that NFs are too serious, or they'll take the response very seriously.
:dont: <--- Joking!!!