• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Fi building

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I've realised over the last few years that I've let a lot of my Fi aspects slip as well as grow. I was looking for suggestions from other ENFPs to help get more in touch with the Fi side again. For example I used to always finish stuff, now long posts normally bore me. And I used to push through what I didn't like but now see less of a point. Maybe I've become more objective and see that there is no purpose finishing it, but for work and integrity sake it can be good to.

Anyway other ENFPs have focus problems at times. What do you do to fix them?

revolve

in order to develop introverted feeling, i guess we're supposed to do things like journaling, listen to music (probably music that gets us in touch with our sad side), reading, or something creative / artistic . . . anything that helps you to get deep down into your feelings more because we tend to stay in a "happy place" and sometimes don't really know what we're feeling. i actually force myself to stay home quite a bit & even joke with one of my ENFP friends saying, "i need some introverted feeling time" . . . we even "coach" each other with this & whenever one of us is stressed or can't make a decision we reccommend to the other to "get some introverted feeling time" . . .

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Noigmn, I don't see how that has to do with lack of Fi.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
It sounds to me like you just lack discipline. Don't think of it as Fi, and don't think of ways to fufill this idea of "Fi". Don't think of it in any other kind of super abstract terms, just look at it as who you are and what you want to do, honestly and realistically. I've personally found that trying to explain and/or justify what we want/who we are/ect complicates things.

If, for example, long posts bore you, weigh the benefits. Is what you want to communicate in the long post ultimately worth the effort of writing it out? If yes, write. If no, find a better way to communicate the thought or find another thing you want to do and try it.

I find a good way to help make things happen for me and keep myself disciplined in important areas of life is to do rather than say. What I mean is, if there is something you want to do, make it your priority to begin doing it, and avoid talking about it to other people or fantasizing about it excessively. For example, if I wanted to paint something, I would get the neccesary supplies, set it up, and begin working on it. Even if I was very excited about it, I would not talk about it to friends or family untill after it was complete or very close to complete. Any time I have talked about some project I wanted to do before I actually worked on it, working on it didn't seem as satisfying or engaging as if I just did it and didn't bring it up. I think what happens sometimes is that talking about an ambition or goal enertains your ambition or goal just as much as actually completing it can, which is why I avoid enertaining my goals in any way other than completion. And when this happens, you still end up dry, whcih is what I think you may be getting at.

I realize that thats all sort of my own personal approach, but play around with it and see how it works for you. The difficult part about these kinds of problems is they can be massively different from person to person, and thus require different solutions. I hope everything goes well for you.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Fi is a completely subconscious process; it's nearly impossible to "develop" it. You just have to make sure that you don't let other functions override your opinons, beliefs, and values. That's really all you can do; Fi is a core, it is not something you can just spontaneously open up without shutting out everything else for awhile and just being alone. Try to remember who you are, and why you're doing what you're doing. Even INFPs have to do this - we don't automatically have ultra-developed Fi. We just naturally take the time to have to ourselves to discover who we are.

And Fi doesn't have to make you sad (I noticed someone say you needed to listen to "sad music" in order to develop it.) You need to do whatever it is that lets you see what your real values are - for me, it's listening to video game or metal music and realizing that I want to fight to protect those who are close to me. It's what's led me to realize that I want to be an ally for LGBT people, an advocate for universal healthcare, etc.

Like I said in another post, you'd be better off just putting your extra skill points into it when you level up.