• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Opposites attract?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
(Jack Flak) Hmm, looks cool.

Well, what it tells us is the different kind of relation you can establish - looks like a 'consolation' alternative to the best-match. Plus, the terminology in it appears vague - suppose I get hooked up with an ESTJ girl, our 'comparative relation' may make us ready for supervisional roles in a community (say), but to what means, a functional couple? Maybe I'll like a look-alike for an ENFJ, but the mirror relation... makes more sense.
Find an ISFJ, see how that works out, and report back.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really?

You seem very extroverted the way you approach conversations.
yeah...they do...i'm the person who will go up and say hi...introduce myself...ask questions and then they talk...same with friends, usually. i bring up topics and they talk about them more then i do i think...not always but a lot of the time yeah.

eta: i talk to a lot of people...often...but i'm not talking...a lot. if that makes sense.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
yeah...they do...i'm the person who will go up and say hi...introduce myself...ask questions and then they talk...same with friends, usually. i bring up topics and they talk about them more then i do i think...not always but a lot of the time yeah.
Still you do not understand, e.a.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what's that mean...and why'd ya say it?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
could be the beer but...are you disagreeing...i can't tell.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
i talk to a lot of people...often...but i'm not talking...a lot. if that makes sense.

I would kill for that skill. Get other people to do most of the talking. :yes:

Do you guide the conversation to keep it alive and interesting?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i wasn't stating that i thought introverts didn't talk...i was saying that they do because somebody...laintpe?? said she couldn't deal with too much talking from her extraverted friends...i think that's what she said.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would kill for that skill. Get other people to do most of the talking. :yes:

Do you guide the conversation to keep it alive and interesting?

i guess that's what you'd call it...i say something...ask a question about something...i like to bounce around and dig deep a lil...you know...it's fun to hear people's perspective.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
i wasn't stating that i thought introverts didn't talk...i was saying that they do because somebody...laintpe?? said she couldn't deal with too much talking from her extraverted friends...i think that's what she said.
Well, you said "that's kinda weird, right?" about your introverted friends talking more than you. But no, it isn't, because they're your friends.

They won't engage people they don't know in the same way extroverts do.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh i see...yeah...i did say that. i guess because it's a common misconception that extroverts always talk a lot... i think isn't it?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, you said "that's kinda weird, right?" about your introverted friends talking more than you. But no, it isn't, because they're your friends.

They won't engage people they don't know in the same way extroverts do.

i don't know about that
My friend is an ESFJ to the hilt
but when in public, i'll become the social butterfly in the midst of complete strangers and listening and engaging others without qualm

such is aux Fe vs. Dom Fe ?
because he sees it as not appropriate, where as i want to uncover all of the hidden treasures that are to be offered

Immaculate Cloud

MBTI Type
INFJ
As far as 'opposite attracts' goes, compatibility is to do with the first letter and the last (fourth) letter in the personality types - i.e. ESTP for ISTJ, or ENFP for INFJ. Like that.

When you say opposites attract, are you talking of friends or romantic interests? Or both?

Also, how many ENFP here are very good friends with INFJ?

And do the INFJ here feel that THEY love the ENFP more than they are loved in return?

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am friends with an INFJ.. and it's interesting because he probably feels like he has more affection for me than vice versa but it just ain't the case... I just don't show it the ways he does!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When you say opposites attract, are you talking of friends or romantic interests? Or both?

Also, how many ENFP here are very good friends with INFJ?

And do the INFJ here feel that THEY love the ENFP more than they are loved in return?

one of my best friends in an infj and we felt instantly connected the sec. we met...we sat there and talked for hours w/o pause...it was just so easy...i love her like a sister...and no i don't think it feels unequal in anyway.

Immaculate Cloud

MBTI Type
INFJ
I am friends with an INFJ.. and it's interesting because he probably feels like he has more affection for me than vice versa but it just ain't the case... I just don't show it the ways he does!

See that's what I cannot figure out with the ENFP friend in my life. I have noticed that ENFPs have many friends and then there are those mass mails being sent to about 30 people at once and the title goes, 'To a special person' and it usually has those corny lines like; hey you, special person, someone who thinks you are special sent this to you, etc and thinks that you are great, etc.

And I am left there thinking, am I supposed to fill my name in the blanks? Or read in my name in this generic 'special friend' mail?

Is that how ENFP's show their affection? By showering the people in their e-mail list with little sweet nothings like these?

Like someone wrote on this forum, if everybody is special, who's special? Is that an E/I misunderstanding?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To me, every person in my life is special in his own way. The bond I have with you is unique, as I'm not likely to have it with anyone else, no matter how many people I connect with. It's what I live for, connecting with people, understanding them. And as those people are all their own person, that connection is bound to be special as it is tailored to your needs as wel as mine.

Some bonds are more relaxed and along the lines of acquaintances, others are friends and yet others are those special people that you keep very close to your heart, be it lovers, best friends or SO's (and all the categories that they do not have a word for). Whichever place you take in my life, when I focus my attention to you, it will be you that's on my mind, and I will consider your special within your role in my life. Ask your ENFP friend what your status is, and no matter the answer, realize that you are special to her within that status :)

PS: if I feel that the bond between us has fulfilled its goal or has become obsolete, I will find a way to gently let go, though I always leave the back door open, just in case I missed something :)