• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Opposites attract?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Not sure what you mean Eck... what can I do apart from cyberstalk all the Intoverts to prove that I love them so; but hey I already do that??!!
i was just messing with u; the usual you know.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're pretty much the best in town, mistuh.

*impressively spins smoking gun barrels*

(Yes, that's right. I paint with guns.)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
pshaw...val kilmer's hella cool...you have to ask??

and yes monsieur kitty kat...the best in town ;)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What's with the Val Kilmer thing? Explain prease.

It's a running joke. "Top Gun" is an awful movie full of bad script and muscley cheesecake. When I was a teenager, we used to pack up, get Chinese food, and drive over to my ENTJ friend Athena's house where we'd have the run of the place. We'd stay up all night watching martial arts movies and Top Gun and rewind the volleyball scene a million times, mocking Tom's shortness and laughing at Goose in his baggy t-shirt.

:D Athena was a jock herself so we all thought it was hilarious to cheer on the jerks. We spat upon the underdogs!

Plus a gf of mine bought me a glossy picture of him as Iceman when I was 17 or so, and I framed it and sat it on my chest of drawers so we could all say Hello to Val when we came and went. It was meant to be silly.

Blond cocky arrogant uber-masculine vaguely homo-erotic 1980s jackass ftw. (Note Jack Flak's avatar... lol)

Bottom line: I just want to touch your Danger Zone. Can you handle it? (puns intended?)

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For a little while, it seemed like Top Gun was the only movie that TNT showed. Then, in a hard right turn, it started only playing The Shawshank Redemption.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
It's a running joke. "Top Gun" is an awful movie full of bad script and muscley cheesecake. When I was a teenager, we used to pack up, get Chinese food, and drive over to my ENTJ friend Athena's house where we'd have the run of the place. We'd stay up all night watching martial arts movies and Top Gun and rewind the volleyball scene a million times, mocking Tom's shortness and laughing at Goose in his baggy t-shirt.

:D Athena was a jock herself so we all thought it was hilarious to cheer on the jerks. We spat upon the underdogs!

Plus a gf of mine bought me a glossy picture of him as Iceman when I was 17 or so, and I framed it and sat it on my chest of drawers so we could all say Hello to Val when we came and went. It was meant to be silly.

Blond cocky arrogant uber-masculine vaguely homo-erotic 1980s jackass ftw. (Note Jack Flak's avatar... lol)

Bottom line: I just want to touch your Danger Zone. Can you handle it? (puns intended?)

This should be a thread somehow.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This should be a thread somehow.

I fear to plumb the Freudian depths of my psyche.

My Val Kilmer Shrine-O-Matic saw many high times and girlie grandiose kisses, but fell into disarray after we got REAL boyfriends.

Also, the frame broke. I blame. The frame.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I see the most common dynamics to be like this, put abstractly. This doesn't take other type characteristics into account which are, IMO, just as important.

Introverts' psyches are are O shaped, and extroverts' are C shaped.

OO results in, as you can see, two separate units which may exist comfortably together, but do not fully engage.

CC (flip the second C around) results in each unit attempting to engage the other simultaneously, resulting in interference.

CO results in a solid fit, with O being peacefully engaged by C.

This is one of those analogies that look pretty but don't really work as well in real life.
~ a definite introvert with a very strong preference for other introverts and a marked distaste for extroverts.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
WELL F*CK YOU THEN!!!!!

haha...sorry...don't know you well enough for all that....but hey!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i know...i know...just thought it a funny time to be an obnoxious extravert...sorry :D

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wait. What exactly do the introverts get out of this? I need things to be even so I can stop feeling bad about button-holing people.

Blessed by my presence!

Unique

I've been thinking about introversion and extraversion, and the interaction between people who are I's and E's. I'm sorry if there's already a thread that deals with this subject, I tried to go back but none caught my eye :huh:

I know introverts may well enjoy the company of extraverts, (although worthy of an acknowledgement that in large doses it may be draining), but do extraverts enjoy introverts company? As in, would an extravert seek out the company of an introvert to another extravert? To stereotype even more, if introverts are seen as "shy" in group situations and extraverts as "outgoing". What in introverts might interest extraverts?

In general, do you tend to get intrigued (regardless of you introversion or extraversion) in outgoing people rather than less outgoing individuals? What are the best aspects an extravert and an introvert can offer you?

I know I put this in an extremely simple form, and of course I don't expect it to be that way in reality, but it's just one of the things I've been thinking. I'm really interested in what you guys think about this, so your thoughts on the subject are very welcomed :)

I hang out with my introvert friends the most often, I like their company and they are a breath of fresh air (I live with Es.)