• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Do ENFPs keep an INFP locked inside?

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
That's more of a BlueWing question, because I think Intuition is the primary function of both NFPs, and Feeling the support function.

Nope. INFPs are Fi dominant. And don't bring BW into a feeling thread. Jesus.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
You wouldn't be the first person to believe he's right in spite of the reasonable evidence to the contrary, though it may still make you feel special.

Others disagree with you as well.

Intuitive Ethical Introvert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you're going to switch your functions to a socionics model in a thread clearly dealing with the MBTI model, you need to make that clear. Which you didn't. Personally, I think you're just trying to weasel out of looking wrong. Cheap.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I think it could seem that INFPs prefer Intuition over Feeling because as human beings we all spend more time interacting with the outside world than with our own thoughts and feelings.
This is what we observe. Therefore, I think that depending on how you interpret personality, INFPs can either be Fi dominant or N dominant.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
If you're going to switch your functions to a socionics model in a thread clearly dealing with the MBTI model, you need to make that clear. Which you didn't. Personally, I think you're just trying to weasel out of looking wrong. Cheap.
Yeah, right. You've suddenly convinced me that my function system is wrong, after all these months, with "INFPs are Fi."

I was only using Socionics as an example, and furthermore, where is the MBTI-ONLY sign on the door to this thread? Keirsey isn't even MBTI. Someone ELSE brought functions into it, with which I disagreed, politely.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah, right. You've suddenly convinced me that my function system is wrong, after all these months, with "INFPs are Fi."

Actually, your actual assertion was "I think [italics mine] Intuition is the primary function of both NFPs, and Feeling the support function". Clearly, you were not sure, and given that you were wrong, I thought I would correct you in a very inoffensive way. Intuition is the primary function of the ENFP, with Feeling the support function. Not so with INFPs. BW (whom you cited as an authority on this subject), has never attributed Intuition as the primary function of the INFP, but rather Fi.

I was only using Socionics as an example, and furthermore, where is the MBTI-ONLY sign on the door to this thread? Keirsey isn't even MBTI. Someone ELSE brought functions into it, with which I disagreed, politely.

More obfuscation. Tsk tsk.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Actually, you're actual assertion was "I think [italics mine] Intuition is the primary function of both NFPs, and Feeling the support function".
I thought I was sure. Like I think I'm typing right now. I'm as confident of my assertions as you seem to be of yours. I devised them, as opposed to taking what's been written as fact. A certain level of confidence, and definitely intimate knowledge, is guaranteed in such event.

Clearly, you were not sure, and given that you were wrong, I thought I would correct you in a very inoffensive way. Intuition is the primary function of the ENFP, with Feeling the support function. Not so with INFPs.
Well, we OBVIOUSLY disagree, don't we. Since I know you won't persuade me (Others could do far better and still fail, I assure you), and I doubt I'll convince you, now that you're all angered up, maybe we should let it go.

BW (whom you cited as an authority on this subject), has never attributed Intuition as the primary function of the INFP, but rather Fi.
Why do you think I recommended his advice in regard of MBTT functions? He holds your view, not mine.

More obfuscation. Tsk tsk.
With arguments like these, who needs accolades?

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Ah ok, I think I understand what you were/are saying better now. If I could rephrase your initial post:

That's more of a BlueWing question, because I think Intuition is the primary function of both NFPs, and Feeling the support function.

to:

That's more of a BlueWing question, because I personally disagree with the regular model and consider Intuition to be the primary function of both NFPs, and Feeling the support function.

Is that what you were saying?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My dad's an ENFP, and he's also telling me that he's an INFP on the inside..

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
wild...i think it's just that it's not confidence or maturity that separates us...the same could be turned around on us saying insecurity lead us to act out and seek attention and approval externally...right?

Oh I wasn't trying to say that the difference between an ENFP and INFP is confidence and maturity, no way... What I meant to ask that was this something extraverts expereinced during the process of maturity etc. and confidence building?

it's just cognitive preferences...isn't it...and is a preference for extroversion any different then a preference for feeling vs thinking...or intuition over sensing...so in that way would we be any more similar to infp then any other type one letter removed?

Absolutely, I guess what I was trying to ask (badly LOL) is what is the journey that leads us to these preferences? I guess the thread is really a question of nuture or nature, however, many here are seeming to suggest that they were born extraverts... I am unsure I think how we react and process the world, correction, How we choose to process it is indeed something that is in built to some extent but is shaped by our experiences etc.

and sorry if the tone sounds shitty...i can never tell...but it's not meant to!!

:D no worries it never does!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well i do relate to that as well...but i hesitate to say that because that's implying i know more about infp's then i actually do...but there's a place within that's deeply introspective and melancholy...romantic and dreamy...and that bit isn't always shown on the outside...but does that mean anything...or is that just the inner world of an enfp...you know?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
in the same respect...there seems to be a more aloof disconnected side to me that makes me feel i can be a lot less feeling and relate more to the entp...depending on mood, company and or/ circumstances...i don't think i even know how to state that correctly...and it sounds insulting to both other types i think...sorry.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I definately think that does relate well to the description of the inner world of an ENFP, as I said I was asking more about the journey you we all went on to get to this so called ENFP place... And also the more I read my OP the more I realise that I shouldn't have brought INFPs into it and talked about the introvert inside because of course INFPs and ENFPs are seperated by much more than introversion and extraversion... so yea I messed up introduction to the thread LOL that's my signature here though :D

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
INFPs and ENFPs are seperated by much more than introversion and extraversion... so yea I messed up introduction to the thread LOL that's my signature here though :D
I don't know if I would even say that, just that an ENFP in a quiet, contemplative mood never actually becomes an Introvert.