• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Do ENFPs keep an INFP locked inside?

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Do we ENFPs actually keep an INFP locked up inside like a caged animal?? Strange question I know but so many ENFPs that I speak to have said that they feel as though they are in fact INFPs or are at least confused by the term extrovert when it is applied to them? They do not think it appropiate somehow.

Also there seems to be a common story emerging amongst the ENFPs that I have had contact with IRL, As very young children they seemed to display definite INFP traits which were either trampled on by parents or schools etc. They then went on to develope a false sense of confidence to make a better fit into the world. Most of the ENFPs mention a particular time in their lives when they chose to be more confident. This process could be simply maturity, something that happens to us all, it could even be an explanation for extraversion in general. Have other Es had a similar experience?

I do know that the difference bewteen ENFP and INFP is not simply a difference in extroversion and introversion but I think that more so than many other types, the lines between ENFPs and INFPs are blurred.

What are your thoughts or experiences?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
"No" might not be the response you're looking for, but all the same, "No."

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
LOLOLOLOL Are you sure you don't keep a very opinionated E locked inside yourself??

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
How comes I get two intraverts posting who just wanna keep their territory to themselves.. :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
FWIW, I test as an INFP whenever I feel insecure :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No you DON'T! *waits for test results*

I'm physically incapable of lying and morally against pandering to a grown man acting like a 5 year old. But I will :hug: you instead :wubbie:

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I've tested as INFP on one or two occasions too, however, the majority of the time I am ENFP! And I have been told by those 'in the know' about these things that I am a typical ENFP *yawn*

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I also don't forget as T you have the advantage of a clear head on your side when taking the test, man if I am in a certain mood I can't even tell you my name

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sorry WH, we seem to have scared him off :)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Why is this impossible to believe Jack??
Do you not realize you'd deny the INFP all that makes them unique with the claim that you possess all their traits?

Of course, if I thought the proposition held water, such ethical matters wouldn't concern me. :)

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hey thats OK typical ENFP/INTP relations if you ask me :D So what do you think to the OP do you feel like there was a turning point, or a sink or swim moment when y ou grew some confidence

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you not realize you'd deny the INFP all that makes them unique with the claim that you possess all their traits?

Of course, if I thought the proposition held water, such ethical matters wouldn't concern me. :)

Stop Bssing, there are plenty of people who don't perfectly fit into the little cube MBTI has designed for them, and you know it.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ohhh I do see what you mean :( I certainly do not mean it to be offensive to my INFP cousins as I :wubbie: them sooo And boy they have uniqueness in the bucket loads... Yea I need to think about the effects of things before I post... Damn maybe I am an ENFP after all!

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Stop Bssing, there are plenty of people who don't perfectly fit into the little cube MBTI has designed for them, and you know it.
On the contrary. They may move around the cube, but within it everyone remains.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so