• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Goat Getting

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I posted this in the NT forum 'cause of... reasons but I wanted to know NF opinions too, hence the placement, and even then only vaguely, but anyway, I'm curious about this.
I know it's a dupe.
Don't move the thread Edahn.

What do you all think about deliberately getting peoples' goats?
That is, by you, or by someone else.

How do you respond when you can tell someone is just trying to get your goat?
How do you respond if you don't know they're trying to get your goat, but realize it later on?

I do it alot, but it's not so much that I go after their goat as much as it is that they give it to me.
But sometimes I do intentionally get peoples' goats.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
I was brought up on a farm, on which there were far too many noisy, mischievous, butty goats for comfort. And I don't even like goats' milk that much. Cheese is a different matter, but I can't be bothered to do something complicated like make it myself. So I currently posess no goats whatsoever, and am quite content with my goat-free circumstances. I am not even going to start coveting anyone else's goats, let alone actually go after them. And being goat-free myself, I am also immune to the other issue you mention, that of someone else wanting to get my goat.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Either I am just stupid, or am missing something key..because I don't know whether to take this literally, or if it has some meaning, I'm missing it...

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
I posted this in the NT forum 'cause of... reasons but I wanted to know NF opinions too, hence the placement, and even then only vaguely, but anyway, I'm curious about this.
I know it's a dupe.

How do you respond if you don't know they're trying to get your goat, but realize it later on?

I do it alot, but it's not so much that I go after their goat as much as it is that they give it to me.

How do I respond, by getting pissed off- which just makes me fall into their hands. I know that by reacting I reward their efforts and bring them satisfaction but I can't help it- I can't mask my emotions and my face always gives my thoughts away. Damn these beautiful expressive eyebrows!

I try to do the petty revenge of getting someone's goat as a passive aggressive way of saying you suck,lol. For instance- an ENTJ girl who is an ego maniac made a play and wrote, starred, and directed the sucky crap herself. When watching a movie with her in a room with a group of people that was written, directed, and starring a guy I said very loudly wow what a complete egomaniac the guy wrote, directed and is starring in it- you know it is going to suck.

I was very obviously trying to say YOU SUCK YOU COMPLETE EGOMANIAC.
I don't even think she cared,lol. Oh well worth a try,lol.

I don't like it when people try to get my goat because I just reward them for it and am an easy target. I try to take revenge and use t back but I just end up feeling worse.

redacted

I try to have as little of a reaction as possible because having big reaction is exactly what they're looking for. If I know beforehand, I try to ignore them.

Also, sometimes I warn other people that they're walking into traps just because it's awkward to watch the whole interaction if they play right into it.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I try to have as little of a reaction as possible because having big reaction is exactly what they're looking for. If I know beforehand, I try to ignore them.

:yes: I try to stay cool and calm. And mostly I ignore. These days, I also might roll my eyes or maybe turn things around on *them* - depending on the scenario. hehe. (but also...this hasn't really happened that I can recall for years, so I don't have much to reference - either that, or I just don't care and don't take it personally and instead get amused by it these days??)

But this is reminding me of those horrid jr. high and high school days. I'd sometimes wonder whether ignoring it wasn't egging them on just as much, for they knew I knew what they were doing. And for some, the motive might be to not stop *until* they get a reaction.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm not feeling like reading all the details
SO just tell me
what the hell is this goat thing about!

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
You guys seriously don't understand?

You... like... you've never gotten a goat before?

I'm sure you have -- even you emotional NFs.
Surely at least once you've gotten someone's goat.

See: Urban Dictionary for definition of goat getting.
Also look up "salty" which is a favorite expression of mine, but one I never ever use.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ oh eck...we are soul sistas aren't we...haha

umm...i have issues with the phrase...it bugs me...but if you mean just giving someone shit...for the fun of it...sure i do it quite often and it doesn't bother me a bit if someone does it to me too...but maybe i'm missing the actual point too.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
hah, awh man, I was feeling pretty 'salty'. How could I have been so stupid.

I feel invaded a lot, and it's weird, because it makes me uncomfortable, totally unrests my peace. I just play it cool though, hoping that they will soon leave me be. I don't like getting phone calls from people, usually, so I stay distant.

I guess, in general, I zone out, hoping that they will loose interest with me and leave. Probably not a good thing to do, but when I'm not in the mood, it's really disturbing when people butt in, as in calling me, showing up at my house, approaching me in public..I tend to be highly avoidant.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
That's not what I mean Erin.

It's probably highly likely that you might not understand.

One way or another, I won't tell, lest I skew the results.

Edit: On second thought, I should have made a poll, but at the same rate, I should have bought a lizard instead of joining this forum.
At least the lizard would still be alive.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You guys seriously don't understand?

You... like... you've never gotten a goat before?

I'm sure you have -- even you emotional NFs.
Surely at least once you've gotten someone's goat.

See: Urban Dictionary for definition of goat getting.
Also look up "salty" which is a favorite expression of mine, but one I never ever use.
grml, I could have googled it ofc, but I didn't want to. You were supposed to hand it to me on a damn plate!
I'll never forgive you now.

I don't like the expression anyway... it annoys me somehow. Lacks harmony or something.

I will now ignore this thread

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's not what I mean Erin.

It's probably highly likely that you might not understand.

One way or another, I won't tell, lest I skew the results.

Edit: On second thought, I should have made a poll, but at the same rate, I should have bought a lizard instead of joining this forum.
At least the lizard would still be alive.

okay well first of all lil nocaps...it's goade...to get someone's goade
and it does mean to tease someone...to be somewhat of an ass...to belittle in a joking sort of way...quite certain i DO actually get it...and NO doesn't bother me.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know it's a dupe.

You and I both know, even as awesome as you are on the Supreme Magnificence Scale and Mini Mart, that Edahn is going to at least THINK about moving this thread. That's what Apache-Fujian-Hungarians do.

If it's "positive", i.e. someone is gnawing on me like shark on a surfboard trying to determine if I'm tasty or not, then I play along. I like a good challenge. And I'm always up for a nemesis.

If it's negative, i.e. someone is simply trying to draw fire, e.g. "death by ENFJ" , then I *must* exit. I can't stand brainless trolls. They don't want *you* so much as they want *somebody*. That makes it not worth your time or effort. A ball of tar will stick more the more you hit it.

Asking an ENFJ not to react is like trying to keep a bull from charging a red cape. I have to consciously order myself to stand my ground and under-react. I don't suffer fools well, much like my ENTJ bff, but I *do* actually like people, unlike her, so that tempers me quite a bit.

Frank McLowery: [fatally shot; dragging himself across the alley behind John Holliday and raising his .45] "I've got you now, you -----...."

John Holliday: "Think so?" [BLAM!]

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like goats. They're cute. Their eyes are freaky, though.

I wouldn't dare goade someone here. 'Cos for even innocent and thoughtless comments, when some one gets upset (and don't tell me you NTs don't get upset) five or six of your "friends" also unlease the sharpened "logic" as well. A rather disproportionate reaction to the transgession I think.

However, every other forum I've belonged to, I give as good as I get, and if I don't wish to engage, I walk.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Damned E__Js.

The nice thing about being the goat getter is that I'm never put on the defensive.
Not caring about anything helps too.
Just today at work, a co-employee said to me (and I quote) "its takes a real man to takink responsibilities"
I said without hesitation, "I'm a child"

Re-working the situation is always easy, and always a plus: I ought to give you some lessons Piranha.
But I won't.
I mean, I will, but just... I know we won't 'cause we never will, so I won't, ya' know?.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Damned E__Js.

You know it! :newwink:

The nice thing about being the goat getter is that I'm never put on the defensive.
Not caring about anything helps too.

Also, all the rastas let you cook on a Saturday night, bruv!

Just today at work, a co-employee said to me (and I quote) "its takes a real man to takink responsibilities"
I said without hesitation, "I'm a child"

LOL!.... fool.

Re-working the situation is always easy, and always a plus: I ought to give you some lessons Piranha.
But I won't.
I mean, I will, but just... I know we won't 'cause we never will, so I won't, ya' know?.

Lemme tell you allllll about an idea I had about a robot and harvesting fountain coins at malls. You'll dig it.