• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] INF Relationships

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
isn't that called type tango ?

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
The only real romantic connection I've ever felt was with an INFJ. Instant attraction which lead to connection on all levels.
Too bad he had all this screwed-up-edness that he felt he couldn't share with me even though I proved time and time again how much I could be trusted (fucking martyr. Didn't want to 'drag me down with him', I'll bet) which caused us to suddenly drift apart, and finally for him to disappear altogether.

You always were a rare combination of intelligence and allure.
You are a peculiar and fascinating woman.

:yes:
Exactly my attraction to INFJs (of both genders ;) )

why I like you:

You're fun, outgoing, funny, you don't take life seriously, you make me feel good about myself, you're not clingy like other girls, I like the fact you're not a jealous person.

Why I hate you:

You're all about fun, you're too outgoing, why don't you ever stop making jokes and take life seriously for once, why aren't you clingy like other girls, if you truly loved me you would be jealous.

So mostly I am just baffled.

Darlin', are you SURE you're not an ENFP?!

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Two compliments I've received this month (from two different exes):
You always were a rare combination of intelligence and allure.
You are a peculiar and fascinating woman.

So -- I've got the mysterious thing, and a great rack. I'm also loyal, patient, and loving.

My relationships don't work out because my partners feel rejected by my need for alone time, and if I don't get it (and enough quiet), I'm cranky and short-tempered and end up pushing them away. I'm impossible to live with.

I totally relate, and would be fine with that...I often like tinkering and the sort so if I were with an INFJ we would get along great because these two opposite modes actually compliment and accomodate each other. I tinker, she has her alone time. Works out beautiful! Thanks for the insight.:shock:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Really I have no idea, the same qualities I was told attracted them to me, were also used as the reason we split up.

why I like you:

You're fun, outgoing, funny, you don't take life seriously, you make me feel good about myself, you're not clingy like other girls, I like the fact you're not a jealous person.

Why I hate you:

You're all about fun, you're too outgoing, why don't you ever stop making jokes and take life seriously for once, why aren't you clingy like other girls, if you truly loved me you would be jealous.

So mostly I am just baffled.

Don't you love it?

Personal bias can be so amusing

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
Unfortunately, I'm quite flaky in relationships. I have this ideal of a perfect relationship in my head, which only the perfect guy will be able to have with me. So even though I'm with an awesome INxP (oh, all right, a boyfriend who claims he is INFP but I think has T) I often have small crushes on other less attainable guys (not serious ones) which luckily my NP boyfriend has no problem with. I still fell that the first time I had a crush was the best kind of 'love' I felt, and that that particular boy was, and might still be, someone I would want to be with. Much to my boyfriend's disgust, I have fallen for creeps in the past. Creeps. Guys who swept me away with compliments (I knew I was being swept away but didn't care), dated me behind their real girlfriend's backs (good grief, now I realise how horrible it sounds) and basically liked them to pander to my ego...okay, I think I'd better stop.

At the end of the day, however, I'm with a guy I really respect, who makes me laugh, is intelligent, understanding, and really loves me. And I have enough sense to realise this is the real thing, and though he isn't in the least bit demonstrative, mysterious, or spontaneous and doesn't always make my heart flutter, maybe he doesn't need to, because he and I really have a great friendship which has developed into something special.

So being flashy or romantic is not what love is all about.