• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Idealist Thoughts on INTP Romance

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP
Which traits, if any, do you find romantically appealing that are found in the INTP; conversely, which traits, if any, do you find romantically unappealing that are found in the INTP?

I apologise for the abject brevity.;)

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
The police u use ?
That wierd inflated\borderline heroic sense of self that never has anything to do with real life.
Above all: the fact that INTPs I know are guys and me not being gay. (we can still hug though)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
funny...funny...funny...really cute and silly...really smart in a charming, completely non obnoxious way...dry...messy...straightforward...confident. :)

eta: i can do better then that...hmmm...will edit in a bit.

WieldingTheSword

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Appealing:
-Most of them are highly intelligent and can have meaningful discussions with us.
-We enjoy bringing them out of their shells, I think. At least ENF's do, I'd guess.
-Their humor is great-- dry and sarcastic.
-They are socially awkward, which is kinda cute.
-They come off meek and gentle, which is also cute.
-They are valuable people to have around when you go to make a decision-- very level-headed and analytical.
-They are P's, which is kind of a personal favorable trait to me, but not necessarily other NF's.

Unappealing:
-They are socially awkward. Cute, but annoying at times too.
-They find our feeling side overbearing and excessive at times.
-They are somewhat aloof.
-They are stubborn.
-They have strange hobbies/likes o_O. I know this sounds weird, but it is true of both INTPs I know. Haha.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
How strange are we talking here?
watching clips including both bad music and anime then telling me about it?:doh:
This wierd fascination for swords and martial arts. Did I mention Ninjas?

WieldingTheSword

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
How strange are we talking here?

I'm not sure if I can articulate it fully, but I NOTICE it a lot with them. The one watches some pretty strange TV shows, reads some pretty heavy/odd books, and has some INSANE music tastes. His daily life habits are just peculiar, but I can't exactly summarize it.

The other INTP has a weird fixation with things like zombies and pirates, for example.

Sometimes, they are just quirky and "out there," which is a bit disturbing unless you know them well, lol.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm not sure if I can articulate it fully, but I NOTICE it a lot with them. The one watches some pretty strange TV shows, reads some pretty heavy/odd books, and has some INSANE music tastes. His daily life habits are just peculiar, but I can't exactly summarize it.

The other INTP has a weird fixation with things like zombies and pirates, for example.

Sometimes, they are just quirky and "out there," which is a bit disturbing unless you know them well, lol.

Are you mocking my "History of Mathematics" book?
I swear everybody reads that sort of thing.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Are you mocking my "History of Mathematics" book?
I swear everybody reads that sort of thing.
Also most intps have really wierd forum pictures (cough cough). Often related to some imaginary display of heroism, might, manliness or style.

Ps: I do also dig those kind of things but I prefer audiobooks, allows me to multitask and live my life rather than sit all day.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We are manly. It's true. :rolli:

93JC

watching clips including both bad music and anime then telling me about it?:doh:
This wierd fascination for swords and martial arts. Did I mention Ninjas?

I don't want to know anyone who isn't fascinated by the awesomeness of ninjas.

the soulless one

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
imho, swords pwn martial arts and ninjas combined.

But I guess odd fixations and odd tastes somewhat suites me (though I digress).

93JC

OMG, my INTP friend likes those TOO.

Who doesn't like ninjas?

Sorry, I just popped in this thread to point out how ridiculous the assertion that "INTPs have a weird fascination for martial arts, swords and ninjas" is.

It's like saying "women think puppies are cute". Earthshattering...

Scott

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9/5?
I'm an INTP and not particularly interested in martial arts, swords or ninjas. That History of Mathematics book on the other hand... where can I get me one of those?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ouch! *Steers SO away from the thread....*

Wuss! Data doesn't hurt!

Other fun INTP "facts":

# Most frequent type among college students committing alcohol and drug policy violations
# Have lowest level of coping resources of all the types (with ISTPs)
# One of types least likely to believe in a higher spiritual power
# Highest of all types in career dissatisfaction (with INFPs)
# In school, have lower grades than would be predicted from aptitude scores

We're quite the catch!