• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Idealist Thoughts on INTP Romance

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ We're just misunderstood.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
And adorable. Don't forget adorable.
Ever seen the Gremlins movie? Those guys can be pretty deceiving.
I'm watching you bluemonday. yes, YOU!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP

We're fine as long as you don't feed us after midnight. You have been warned.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Just don't feed me after midnight.

EDIT. OH SNAP!!!

Girlfriend, get outta my head!

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know. We're not predictable or anything like.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
me and awesome picked the same word in the word association thread at the same time. i thought it was a funny enfp thing too. :D

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is this the new INTP flirting thread?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ Yeah. We were trying to be "romantically appealing".
We failed.

g_vartan

MBTI Type
ENFJ
My $0.02-

Appealing
  • Beautiful mind - full of wisdom, intelligence, and (untapped) talent;
  • A sense of wonder and childlike enthusiasm - like to share the interesting things they've come across with during the day;
  • Funny, quirky, dorky, and kind - if you are one of the lucky few, they strive to make you smile / giggle *all* the time;
  • Honesty and integrity - walking the walk, even when times get tough; first person to "warn" of possible issues, but also the first person to offer to help out in difficult times and also rejoice in your success;
  • Sweet - like to create a few "special" moments full of inside jokes, silly smiles, and meaning;
  • Loyalty - if they promised you something, they will try their hardest to keep it; and
  • Protective (i.e., worries about the silliest things that have a low probability of happening - though very sweet)

Unappealing
  • Could sometimes be immature - i.e., hard to change their mind (if they think they're "right" :rolleyes:), whinny, selfish, and insensitive;
  • Detachment - i.e., hard to follow sometimes (they just give you the conclusion and save you the "calculations"), process emotions or events like a science experiment, but with time held constant - thus, leaving their partner out in the dark and feeling unsupported and ignored;
  • Like an absentminded professor - forgets events, anniversaries, etc.....if you want something, you have to explicitly ask for it - subtlety isn't their thing...also hampers "romance"; and
  • Restless - seem to be always unhappy with something and tend to have a pessimistic PoV.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^^ awwwww....what a sweet list. :wubbie:

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*lives out g_vartan's last point--Restless--by pointing out how true her "Unappealling" section of list is.*

93JC

My $0.02-
Unappealing
  • Could sometimes be immature - i.e., hard to change their mind (if they think they're "right" :rolleyes:), whinny,

Whiny or whiney, not 'whinny'. ;)

• if you want something, you have to explicitly ask for it - subtlety isn't their thing

I've never understood how this is a 'bad thing'. What's so bad about wanting people to be forthright? I shouldn't have to decode some abstract subtlety that's meant to mean you want something: if you want something just come out and say it! I think some people tend to imply wanting something instead of explicitly asking in order to save face, to get it without actually asking, which frankly I find rude and petty.

...also hampers "romance"

All these years and I never understood why "Hi, I'm 93JC; wanna fuck?" didn't work...