• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Idealist Thoughts on INTP Romance

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pfft, clearly the fault of the women. The stat they don't tell you: 0% of the INTP men married to those women knew their wives were dissatisfied.

ROFL! And he thinks this is justification!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ Wuss! Data doesn't hurt!

Other fun INTP "facts":

We're quite the catch!

did you just call me a wuss?? haha or jock??

i don't care about any of that silly stuff...i just think it's funny. :)
i'd like to see some statistics like that for other types too...where can i find it?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

i know! i thought the same thing...haha...we just didn't know??? that's a defense?? haha

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP

Here is the whole quote:

Some types showed greater partner dissatisfaction in general. Women married to INTP men had the highest level of dissatisfaction, at 31%. INTP is one of the least common types in the population, and INTPs may find it especially important to find a like-minded partner.

They don't say what types are most likely to marry male INTPs, but if it's sensors or maybe ESxx's, that could help explain the quote.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One INTP guy I dated had swords all over the place. I just took him as a fan of Freud. :D

Pros - loyal, smart, humorous (typically in a sarcastic mode), very capable problem solvers, curious, enthusiastic in their own way, don't often "red line", get very attached to the few people they let get near them

Cons - all the good things mentioned befouled by smugness that's untouchable by any other type

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

Haha, well it's a two way street. We need to pay attention and they need to spell it out for us. Meeting somewhere in the middle is the key.

Other fun INTP "facts":

We're quite the catch!

Indeed! INTPs: not reaching our potential and finding ways to derail ourselves so the rest of you idiots can actually get jobs and be worth something.TM

Scott

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9/5?
aww...that's sad kinda!! haha

Don't believe it, NFs! When approaching statistics, ask yourself, "What would an INTP do?" and keep away from practical application through extreme skepticism. Or just be discerning and pick one of the 69% of INTPs who will have a satisfying marriage.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Women married to INTP men had the highest level of dissatisfaction, at 31%. INTP is one of the least common types in the population, and INTPs may find it especially important to find a like-minded partner.

Ok, so this means we have to marry the INTP girls. :D

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Indeed! INTPs: not reaching our potential and finding ways to derail ourselves so the rest of you idiots can actually get jobs and be worth something.TM
Meh, seriously. This whole 'I have so much potential thing', I've heard so many intps utter those words.
You are what you do. Sometimes people should just face it and stop thinking they are awesome when they are just frustrated losers living in a fairy tale.

A great intp will be a great intp. Yes, that's true. But the frustrated kind I despise.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I have 7 swords. Lol. Didn't think that was common amongst like minded INTP's.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I have 0 swords. Although if I found a "Wanted: Pirate" add on craigslist I'd at least call and arrange an interview.