• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFJ's: Do NFP's Lighten You Up?

sade

yeah, that's how I drive my mom nuts. sometimes i will be completely oblivious to how many ideas I am bombarding my mom with the minute she wakes up. oops... haha :doh:

My mom has solved this problem by turning to her side and mumbling something like "Go on.." and falling back asleep or simply ignoring me.
Or giving me dishes to wash. *sigh* (But she's not an NFP..) My NFP friends just go "Can we sleep yet?"

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think it's of tantamount importance for people who need me to know that I'm present for them as much as I possibly can be. I would be devastated if anyone viewed me as flaky or flighty. I go to great lengths to make sure my friends and family know what's going on in my head if I feel like I need to retreat for awhile, so they won't feel blown off.

INFJ's relax me so much, I actually kept falling asleep against this INFJ guy I was dating. lol Poor guy probably thought I was bored into unconsciousness, but the truth was, he made me feel so calm, I would put my head on his shoulder and fall asleep.

S

Sniffles

Oh yes, NFPs always know how to put a smile on my face, or lift my spirits up when I really need it. I can't say how much I love their company. I seriously would love to just hug and kiss them for hours on end!

INFJ's relax me so much, I actually kept falling asleep against this INFJ guy I was dating. lol Poor guy probably thought I was bored into unconsciousness, but the truth was, he made me feel so calm, I would put my head on his shoulder and fall asleep.

See this is exactly what I'm talking about! :) :hug:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's of tantamount importance for people who need me to know that I'm present for them as much as I possibly can be. I would be devastated if anyone viewed me as flaky or flighty. I go to great lengths to make sure my friends and family know what's going on in my head if I feel like I need to retreat for awhile, so they won't feel blown off.

i know two...my mom and one of my best friends but me too...so calming. :wubbie:

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i know one enfp and distantly knew a girl in school i adored who i'm pretty sure was an enfp. i've always had some glamour-whore kind of tendencies, so it's hard for me not to get swept up in the inspiring beauty and enthusiasm of female enfps. (oh muse, entheos, etc). especially when your F values, tastes, etc are sympatico, it makes a great partnership. enfp is the ultimate initiator, and one who can keep everything on track and perfectly nudge anything out of any rut. infj, for sure, needs that. also, FINALLY feeling recognized is the most freeing feeling in the world.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
...especially when your F values, tastes, etc are sympatico, it makes a great partnership. enfp is the ultimate initiator, and one who can keep everything on track and perfectly nudge anything out of any rut. infj, for sure, needs that. also, FINALLY feeling recognized is the most freeing feeling in the world.

Isn't it just? It's like instant recognition.

There's a chinese saying that people in love are like two creatures who chime together, like being the same note on a scale. Or resonating as one sound. I think that's very true. I feel that with INFJ's. It's some sort of unspoken commonality.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i know one enfp and distantly knew a girl in school i adored who i'm pretty sure was an enfp. i've always had some glamour-whore kind of tendencies, so it's hard for me not to get swept up in the inspiring beauty and enthusiasm of female enfps. (oh muse, entheos, etc). especially when your F values, tastes, etc are sympatico, it makes a great partnership. enfp is the ultimate initiator, and one who can keep everything on track and perfectly nudge anything out of any rut. infj, for sure, needs that. also, FINALLY feeling recognized is the most freeing feeling in the world.
beautiful words there. :wubbie:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Isn't it just? It's like instant recognition.

There's a chinese saying that people in love are like two creatures who chime together, like being the same note on a scale. Or resonating as one sound. I think that's very true. I feel that with INFJ's. It's some sort of unspoken commonality.

yes...the day i met my infj friend i just knew we'd be friends for a long time. :wubbie:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Okay, where can I meet some more NFJs???

LOL.

In retrospect, I think I have and also currently know a number of INFJs as well. Which is "statistically unusual" since INFJs are supposed to be so rare, but I think perhaps the INFJ/ENFX is a natural attraction?

I like both INTJs and INFJs from what I have seen, I like that they are on top of things and seem principled/sensible. I like that they are honest and responsible about their boundaries, their feelings and motivations, and relationships. It's very refreshing. I actually met one IXFJ marriage counselor online - the dating spark wasn't there (not for me anyhow) but I remembered thinking, "Wow, you should totally be my therapist!" LOL That's how comfortable I felt with them.

That's interesting people mention the 'feeling relaxed' because that's what I was trying to verbalize thinking about this on my own. There seems to be a natural chemistry or at least on my part, an ease. I don't feel the same need to be "on" and can be more myself. I feel what I say and my company is valued so I can relax.

And again, I really like the fact they're so on top of things and Get Stuff Done.

It's a different kind of dynamic from when I meet another ENFP or INFP or ENTP - ENXPs make me hyper and we egg each other on to more and more extroverted heights.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

that's a beautiful image. i just want to smile and repeat the old saying that the chinese are confucians by day and taoists by night.

infj lives in an imagined universe. it's introverted. it requires great concentration like juggling to keep it going or it all falls down. we have intense focus, we have to strain and use an enormous amount of effort and travel further and further from the center to keep expanding the inner universe. to light the city streets at night and explore its back alleys. the bigger the illumination the better, the more complex the dream/vision becomes, the more detailed, and the more perfectly articulated.

when someone else can get into that, break thru and help us connect our imagination to the real world, can recognize WHERE we are (locate us), help us arrange the details and colour in the things we in our concentration miss, we are forever grateful.

the dynamic also has the two sides of the same coin feeling. enfp is expansive and actualized whereas infj is concentrated and virtual. like a pool of potential possibility waiting to be tapped, detonated, roped into the real world, etc.

nf is great and our differences of attention in expressing it is stunningly complimentary.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx