• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs secretly....

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
..like to be pushed around/bullied (in a playful way).

At least I do. I've especially noticed this works well with other NFs (primarily I/ENFPs).

Here's the thrust behind this thought... I like to give affection in the same way and when someone I like/love (friend/family) won't return in kind it results in me taking it badly - because I only mess with/tease people that I care about. Others I'm fairly indifferent towards.

Discuss... <?>

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
if you are speaking of banter and conversation - yes
its the Fe and teasing in a playful way thingy.<-----warning, i'm a professional

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
if you are speaking of banter and conversation - yes

Yep, that's what I'm talking about.
Do you mean you're a pro at typology or you're a pro at teasing ^_^?

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp

At least I do. I've especially noticed this works well with other NFs (primarily I/ENFPs).

Here's the thrust behind this thought... I like to give affection in the same way and when someone I like/love (friend/family) won't return in kind it results in me taking it badly - because I only mess with/tease people that I care about. Others I'm fairly indifferent towards.

Discuss... <?>

I love this, this is exactly how I show affection too. In playful banter, teasing and the like because I'm not really the most physically affectionate type.

If I am teasing you, it's because I like you (yea, I should be in a schoolyard still lol).

I have had people take it badly though :shock:, totally stopped talking to me, which made me feel so guilty.

Oh to be an INTP and to do the banter thing, and not give a damn when it hurts them. :smile:

Dash

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hmmm, I'm more like Laruen Ashley. If I love someone (romantically), about the most they'll ever get from me is a anti-serious tease and then a smile & hug. People who enjoy showing affection via mocking/teasing typically annoy me lol (no offense though).

With family and friends though, I'm a bit more inclined to show affection via teasing. It's no where near my main thing though.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yep, that's what I'm talking about.
Do you mean you're a pro at typology or you're a pro at teasing ^_^?

teasing and seduction and banter

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I don't do the mocking/teasing stuff because I'm pretty straight forward about my feelings. Maybe when I was a kid, though.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I tease my friends and people I care about if I know they know I'm joking. I have to be close though; really close.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
INFJ teasing is one of the few ways they feel comfortable being aggressive, because then, you know, they could just claim to be teasing. They also like to get teased back, for the same reason. True aggression bothers them as they do not know quite how to deal with it.

Edit: Plus teasing allows you to maintain boundaries when things get too close.

redacted

I love playfully being made fun of because it shows that the person making fun of me is thinking about me, and it turns the social attention towards me as well. No one ever makes fun of me maliciously...although, if they did, I'm sure I would hate it (or turn it against them and get attention from that :)).

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I love this, this is exactly how I show affection too. In playful banter, teasing and the like because I'm not really the most physically affectionate type.

If I am teasing you, it's because I like you (yea, I should be in a schoolyard still lol).

You get 5 points. And 3 extra points for being an NF.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Thanks for everyone replying back.

Naturally yes, I hoped everyone would realize that I meant playful, teasing banter within limits. Otherwise its not fun because it quickly becomes grey and I can't tell when it's not "all in fun" anymore.
Or maybe I just have my heart on my sleeve.

Either way, I won't tease someone I don't like.
So I'd hope someone who liked me would pick on me at least a little. It shows me they feel the same about me. Being able to share affection in this way is important to me.

LindseyLadybug

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah, I like it if the person respects me and I can trust them. I can't handle it getting too personal though. If it's teasing about something that's always bothered me about myself or something I used to get maliciously teased for, then I put my guard up. But usually if it's coming from someone who truly loves me and has good intentions, I love it. It's actually more about their intentions. When it's done right, it makes me feel special and loved. I seem to make special exceptions for special people in my life as far as what I'll tolerate.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Discuss... <?>

I can't relate. I'll have to mull over it further though.