• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs secretly....

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Feelers should not be allowed to joke about their feelings. We never know when to quit because we never know when you are serious...

But Wyst, where's my malt liquor?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Yeah, but you're ESFJ so give a rat's ass what you think.
coming from you this isn't bothersome but you are incorrect. if i were indeed an extroverted sensor I'd have way more friends and fit in much better than I do with the general population. If it were not for my husband and kids, I'd be a lonely soul.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Feelers should not be allowed to joke about their feelings. We never know when to quit because we never know when you are serious...

That's what's fun about it. :devil:

And Wyst.. you heard the nice lady.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
..like to be pushed around/bullied (in a playful way).

At least I do. I've especially noticed this works well with other NFs (primarily I/ENFPs).

Here's the thrust behind this thought... I like to give affection in the same way and when someone I like/love (friend/family) won't return in kind it results in me taking it badly - because I only mess with/tease people that I care about. Others I'm fairly indifferent towards.

Discuss... <?>

hey, wyst. i could tell right away, after i read a few of your posts, that you were different that way. not so nicey an infj....i mean, nice underneath, but out to have a little fun. i'm like this too. the most fun i've ever had on here is when i've given deserved people much-needed shit in a fun way. okay, maybe i've even gotten close to the 'flaming' line, but i judged it was what the offender needed to hear.....my Fe at maximum edginess. maybe it seemed flamey to some, but i used it wisely, i believe.

i love to play devil's advocate and appreciate others who can do it in good taste.

my problem is that it's hard to find others that want to interact with me, which makes me feel weird and even a little disgruntled with this site. i mean, who doesn't love a witty, fun banter? to my mind, that's how you get closest to the edge of Truth with a humorful twist. fun. and i can soooo take it too, if it's got truth in it. cliquey, "you-don't-belong-here" humor just always sucks, and i've been the victim of that on here too, being new and sassy i guess.

furthermore, i have also felt discrimination on here for being married. it's like this site is for fucking singles to fucking hook up or something. it's the internet people!! we are never going to meet! i doubt hardly any of you will ever meet. why can't you (collective you) talk to me just because i'm married? jeez.

or maybe it's cuz i'm weird, and that, actually, i could almost tolerate more because, like you, Wyst, i'm used to it!! haha.

maybe it's a maturity thing as an infj. i might not used to have been like this. i'm mean, i'm lewd and sarcastic and i let it fly. but i'm nice too. sweet and sour, yeah......

:violin:

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
furthermore, i have also felt discrimination on here for being married. it's like this site is for fucking singles to fucking hook up or something. it's the internet people!! we are never going to meet! i doubt hardly any of you will ever meet. why can't you (collective you) talk to me just because i'm married? jeez.

It is not discrimination because you are married. It is discrimination because you're a loose woman.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know enough to avoid you.

why? seriously? what does my looseness, or lack thereof, have to do with personality bantering, pray tell? are you afraid you'll catch something?

S

Sniffles

Yes I enjoy bantering very much. However I do not enjoy bullying.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
why? seriously? what does my looseness, or lack thereof, have to do with personality bantering, pray tell? are you afraid you'll catch something?

I divide the world into two types of people. People who can help me become more and people who can help me become less. I don't like to deal with the latter.

sade

I'm always up for some banter. Bullying on the other hand.. don't try it, you'll cry.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I divide the world into two types of people. People who can help me become more and people who can help me become less. I don't like to deal with the latter.

i respect that. but you really have no idea what you could or couldn't learn from me from 150-something posts. nor i you. sounds like an assumption to me. which is fine.

i just don't look at interaction that way. i think i can learn something from everyone, even someone with whom i have nothing in common, or who has different values.

that's why i like to interact, even with assholes. helps firm up what i do and do not believe.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't think anyone is talking about bullying, unless you think that bantering is bullying? Bantering is an exchange between people... I'm confused as to what you guys mean - can you clarify?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
i respect that. but you really have no idea what you could or couldn't learn from me from 150-something posts. nor i you. sounds like an assumption to me. which is fine.

i just don't look at interaction that way. i think i can learn something from everyone, even someone with whom i have nothing in common, or who has different values.

that's why i like to interact, even with assholes. helps firm up what i do and do not believe.

I don't see different values. I see black and white. People who have different "values" may not feel the same need to meet some standard or see the same dangers.

sade

Edit. ^ Whoops.. Ignore me. :whistling:
I don't think anyone is talking about bullying, unless you think that bantering is bullying? Bantering is an exchange between people... I'm confused as to what you guys mean - can you clarify?

Wyst's first post about this used the word 'bullying'. Naw, no one's really talking about that.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't see different values. I see black and white. People who have different "values" may not feel the same need to meet some standard or see the same dangers.

and who's asking you to?

i used to see more black and white too. now i'm shades of grey, predominantly.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Clarifying is not exactly an INFJ speciality. We seem to thrive on vague incoherencies.

That's not true Peguy. You have written some of the most coherent things I've seen on this forum.