• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs secretly....

V

violaine

Yeah, I tease the people I'm close to almost without mercy. Though with some qualifiers - not all of the time and hopefully not predictably... I won't tease about the same thing over and over again.

I like to see the humor in almost everything if I can. Also, this was the dynamic in my family. Very teasey! I only do it with people that I feel know I care. It's never supposed to be cruel though sometimes I have to be careful not to go too far. I feel horrible when I've misjudged where the line is.

Hmm, I can't easily keep it in either!

Nat

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yes, I enjoy it but I don't usually start it....for some its a 'safe' way to show affection and liking. If I don't like the person, then I won't encourage it.

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
..like to be pushed around/bullied (in a playful way).

At least I do. I've especially noticed this works well with other NFs (primarily I/ENFPs).

Here's the thrust behind this thought... I like to give affection in the same way and when someone I like/love (friend/family) won't return in kind it results in me taking it badly - because I only mess with/tease people that I care about. Others I'm fairly indifferent towards.

Discuss... <?>

If I openly said what I like to do to ppl like you I would probably get banned lol

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
this could be true for any type. MBTI explains human cognition not human behavior (to a point).

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Though with some qualifiers - not all of the time and hopefully not predictably... I won't tease about the same thing over and over again.

Interesting, I have a few things with certain people that I'll go back to - it's a kind of a thing we do to each other... more than anything, it's like an inside joke.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yes, I enjoy it but I don't usually start it....for some its a 'safe' way to show affection and liking. If I don't like the person, then I won't encourage it.

I absolutely agree with you. Totally hit the nail on the head for me.

Teasing is a safe way to show affection because it's fairly non-committal.
And I NEVER tease people I don't like.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Playful teasing is fantastic, as long as it's understood where the line is. I can't stand people who antagonize each other - it's no longer fun or playful if someone's feelings are getting hurt. It's supposed to be good natured provocation, not a bullying session.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP

At least I do. I've especially noticed this works well with other NFs (primarily I/ENFPs).

Here's the thrust behind this thought... I like to give affection in the same way and when someone I like/love (friend/family) won't return in kind it results in me taking it badly - because I only mess with/tease people that I care about. Others I'm fairly indifferent towards.

Discuss... <?>

When my ENFP roommate left the gas stove leaking (twice) and I treated him like an idiot, he did not appreciate it.

V

violaine

Interesting, I have a few things with certain people that I'll go back to - it's a kind of a thing we do to each other... more than anything, it's like an inside joke.

hmm, well I have inside jokes. I guess I don't ever like to feel I'm picking on something with a person. OK I am specifically thinking about the way I tease my sis here :) Gentle teasing, it has to stay gentle or she'd feel picked on.

Playful teasing is fantastic, as long as it's understood where the line is. I can't stand people who antagonize each other - it's no longer fun or playful if someone's feelings are getting hurt. It's supposed to be good natured provocation, not a bullying session.

Agreed. I don't ever want to be mean to someone. I don't like a picky/points scoring/grandstanding style of banter or watching couples engage in that. It always seems a little passive/aggressive to coin that phrase.

I do love it when a boyfriend 'zings me good' about something. It's a delicate art. I had one boyfriend who was really good at it. Always flying close to the line but never over. He was not otherwise verbally affectionate but that made me feel like he 'got' me. It was a lot of fun. I was always wondering what he would come up with next, lol!

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Agreed. I don't ever want to be mean to someone. I don't like a picky/points scoring/grandstanding style of banter or watching couples engage in that. It always seems a little passive/aggressive to coin that phrase.

I do love it when a boyfriend 'zings me good' about something. It's a delicate art. I had one boyfriend who was really good at it. Always flying close to the line but never over. He was not otherwise verbally affectionate but that made me feel like he 'got' me. It was a lot of fun. I was always wondering what he would come up with next, lol!

It's great to have someone to challenge you, sharpen you - personally, it actually motivates me to come up with something hilarious and clever to use to get him back. I equate it to two puppies pulling on each other's ears. It's supposed to be funny.

V

violaine

^hehe, yes! :D

Awww... Great analogy! (Perfect!) To me that's exactly what it should feel like...

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's got to be very light and obviously affectionate. It still makes me on edge. I like to joke around and I like witty conversation, I just shy away if it gets personal. A little goes a long way.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Bump.

At least I do. I've especially noticed this works well with other NFs (primarily I/ENFPs). Although recent I've noticed some ENTPs that can do the same.

Discuss... <?>

In light of some recent exchanges with other NFs it's gotten me wondering if I'm the only one again.

It also makes me wonder if I'm mildly masochistic in relationships. Not the S&M kind, mind you :dont:

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
In light of some recent exchanges with other NFs it's gotten me wondering if I'm the only one again.

It also makes me wonder if I'm mildly masochistic in relationships. Not the S&M kind, mind you :dont:

First, explain what you mean by masochism.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Did you read the beginning half of my post or did you just focus on MASOCHISM??

A good example would be the ENFP vs. ENTP thread.

Why do you like to be bullied? I want to understand before I can help you.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Like I've always say, I like to toy with my prey. I do like to be a bit of the aggressor, which I guess is pretty apparent.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Why do you like to be bullied? I want to understand before I can help you.

:doh: Seriously? Did you also not read the middle part too??

Discuss... <?>

Understand now? lol

Like I've always say, I like to toy with my prey. I do like to be a bit of the aggressor, which I guess is pretty apparent.

Understatemeeeeeennnt :coffee:

See, Jeno is a prime example of someone I like to argue/banter with. Even though she says hurtful, mean things to me all the time and leaves insulting rep comments every single day, I know it's really because she loves me.